Salut, fellow Dwarfers.
Something that’s always seemed a bit odd to me:
TODHUNTER: Holly, activate the stasis field.
HOLLY: Okay, Frank.
Now, I know that it’s not uncommon for two people working together to share the same name. And at this early point in the series, we don’t even know that Hollister’s first name is also Frank. But every time I watch The End it gets me thinking: "Okay, so Holly clearly isn’t being sarcastic in response to Todhunter’s order. Why didn’t they just stick with ‘Christopher Todhunter’ as it is in the book to avoid future confusion?"
Furthermore, the name Frank is used throughout Dwarf:
- Rimmer’s brother. (First mentioned in Better Than Life, I believe.)
- Rimmer’s uncle, with whom he shared his first French kiss. (The Last Day)
- "Screw down my diodes and call me Frank." (Kryten in Justice)
- One of the two gunmen who fires a shot at the Cat. (Gunmen of the Apocalypse)
- The chap who discovers Lister’s box. (Ouroboros)
- The washing machine that Kryten names because he works better with an identity. (Blue)
Any thoughts, people?