A new show coming to CBBC early next year, starring Danny John-Jules as Lenny Bicknall – an MI9 agent in charge of a bunch of, erm, Spy Kids.
A few bullet-pointed observations, then, as I can’t be arsed to write anything coherent:
- This was actually mentioned by Danny at DJ. I don’t know why I feel the need to tell you this, apart from proving that we hadn’t forgotten. And trying to establish any journalistic credibility for this site at this late stage is a bit pointless.
- Kudos Film and Television = Spooks + Hustle + Life On Mars = pedigree.
- Robert Llewellyn makes a guest appearance! Excellent.
- 10 x 30mins? High-def? Clearly they’re expecting this to be big – and clearly quite a bit of money has gone into it.
- “Created by Keith Brumpton”. This Keith Brumpton, presumably. I’ve not seen any of the stuff he’s written, apart from Naked Video…
- The series does sound slightly cliched: “But with the pressures of such a responsible job and the danger of discovery at school, will the spy team be able to protect Britain and hand their homework in on time?” But that’s nothing to worry about; just imagine the description of Maid Marian. “It’s Robin Hood, right – but THE WOMAN’S IN CHARGE!!!!!!”
We’d be extremely lucky if this is the next Maid Marian, of course – but I’m keeping my fingers quietly crossed that this should be well worth watching, at least…