Robert Llewellyn has gone dun an Audioboo. He reveals some things about Red Dwarf X that you might want to hear (one of which could be described as a mild spoiler, as it mentions the nature of some guest characters).
For anyone who’s forked out £5 for Robert’s Man in the Rubber Mask Audioboo channel, three new boos have appeared so far this morning, the first of which, surprisingly, contains a good few nuggets of actual, factual news.
- Episode 5, Scene 1 – This is a long one, apparently, and seems to exclusively feature Craig and Chris. No word yet on what characters they’re playing.
- Pickup Week – As expected, Robert’s confirmed that they’re spending a whole final week recording pickups from the previous 6 episodes. He mentions a scene featuring Danny that had an unscheduled appearance of a boom shadow and another featuring “Genetically Engineered Lifeforms” because a “thing that was going to explode didn’t explode”. GELFs, eh? Well, I never. There’s no mention of which episode this is from, so I’m not about going speculate (because, erm, I know) but I’m sure you’ll all have a good idea.
- Series broadcast – He says September. Unsurprising and probably only an estimate at the moment, anyway.
- DVD Extras – Now, this is interesting. Bobby claims that each episode has been overshot, with some running to 35 – 40 minutes and as a result there will be plenty deleted scenes on the DVD. My impressions of the episodes I’ve seen was that they might’ve even ended up a bit short rather than long, so I’m happy to have that assumption proved wrong.
- KRYTONS FACE – There it is, up there. That definitely looks like the new mask (rather than a picture from the test with BTE’s at the start of production) but it also looks like it’s not been fully fitted and glued yet. Still, there it is for you gawp at and pass comment on as you please.
If you want to hear this all out of the the horse’s rubbery mouth, then you’ll have to stump up £5, but considering you get the audiobook for the original Man in the Rubber Mask plus the future chapters that are currently being written PLUS these little snippets from the set, I’d say that’s a bargain.
ADDENDUM (17/01): Robert’s now removed the Audioboo and the picture of the mask that was attached to it. It’s also worth pointing out that we’re now aware that this picture is definitely of a test mask fitting sans make-up and other refinements.