Having tested the waters by sending our correspondent Seb Patrick to the official site, we have been chosen to be the official online resource for independent and unbiased, yet totally official, Red Dwarf news and opinion. Having launched in 1999, this move marks the culmination of nearly fifteen years hard work, and a vital component of the brand new paradigm in online Red Dwarf coverage.
But what does this mean for you, our faithful reader? Well, as you may have already seen, we have a brand new permanent banner, which I’m sure you’ll agree is much more professional and glossy than our old branding. In terms of house rules, we’re now moving away from the childish bad language which blighted previous incarnations of the site. In compliance, with Red Dwarf‘s family-friendly public image, all bad words have been automatically replaced with the word “smeg”.
As for our featured content, rest assured that our uncompromising, no-holds-barred approach to front-line reporting will continue unhindered by the shackles of our new partnership. We’ve got big plans for content in the coming weeks, so look forward to the following new articles:
- VIII Is Great – a reappraisal of Doug Naylor’s 1999 masterwork.
- Veale or No Veale – why the Series VII and VIII visual effects are better than anything The Model Unit have ever done.
- Re-Masterful – the definitive version of Series I-III
- Our Fantasy Series XI Cast – why Red Dwarf needs Iain Lee
- You’re Lying? We’re Laughing! – how Robert Llewellyn finally nailed the characterisation of Kryten in Series VII
- Back To Earth Was Better Than The Brittas Empire, Hi-De-Hi! and Hippies Combined – by John Hoare.
- Why The Series X Post-Production Period Has Been The Very Model Of Competence And Professionalism
- Chloe Annett’s Foaming Talent
We hope you’ll all be happy with the new direction the site is taking, and we know you’ll look forward to reading all our new articles, just as soon as they’ve been signed off by GNP.
The G&T team – Cappsy, Danny, Ian, John, Tanya, Seb, Andrew, Charles, Helen and Doug.
EDIT (12:40 BST): LOL A JOKE. I-I-I-Sorry.