Camille's Condition

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Camille's Condition

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  By Jove its holmes 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Ben Saunders

What, exactly, is the “condition” that Camille’s husband is working to cure? It can’t be the whole looking-like-what-people-desire thing, because she stopped doing that at will for Kryten and company.

Also I just googled Tales of the Riverbank and found out it was a real show. When I was young I thought they had just made it up as a bit of worldbuilding for the show. What vivid imaginations, I thought.

quinn_drummer

Maybe they are only able to change appearance at will when the person observing them wants to see their true form.

They likely have an instinct which prevents them from revealing who/what they are as a self preservation thing as well as completing their purpose of providing pleasure.

It’s only when the crew all realise the truth that their desire to be pleasures wears off, and is over written by the desire to see Camille’s true form. Kryten’s is stronger than most as he still likes Camille regardless of form, so she is able to change for him and the rest of the crew can see it.

So perhaps the condition Camille’s husband is curing is that initial instinct to appear as the person who is observing them wants to see, allowing them to change at will for anyone regardless of those people’s desires.

Ben Saunders

[satirical comment about how full of holes the plot is, how we shouldn’t have to come up for our own explanations for shit, how doug is the laziest writer on the planet who should die and how my gran could write better than these bozos eve though she just died]

Good point, well made.

Me Own Stunts

Yes, exactly. The “condition” would be whatever it is that impulsively turns Camille into a slave of other people’s desires, although presumably that’s what a Pleasure GELF is designed for. Camille and her husband have probably labelled it a “condition” as part of a process of breaking her from her genetic programming.

bloodteller

i always used to think that just being a big green blob was her condition tbh, but that cant be right

Hamish

I was going to make a joke about how she actually has some real life horrible condition that is only brought up off screen, but then my good taste chip activated, and I thought “fuck that”.

By Jove its holmes

Maybe her condition is that Rimmer likes busty blondes but she showed herself to him as a flat chested brunette?

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.