Did "Blue"'s Kim Fuller co-write the first ever Tracey Ullman Simpsons short?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Did "Blue"'s Kim Fuller co-write the first ever Tracey Ullman Simpsons short?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  International Debris 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

cwickham

IMDB reckons so: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0732665/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_wr#writers

An actual off-air copy of the episode somebody kindly dragged out for me disagrees:

Unless whoever added this to IMDB knows something I don’t, presumably Fuller contributed something else to this episode that just came under “additional material” that was wrongly categorised with the Simpsons short for the IMDB listing.

However, quite a few writers (plus a producer) on The Tracey Ullman Show went on to write for The Simpsons when it became a full series. So an interesting look at what could have been if Fuller had also made the leap. If nothing else, “Spiceworld” would never have been made.

Ben Saunders

According to Wikipedia, “Fuller spent some time in the USA writing on network comedy shows such as The Tracey Ullman Show and Tracey Takes On….”

Also mentioned on the official RD site http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/features/interviews/kim-fuller/index.cfm?page=biography

Google provides nothing much more than those and a link to this very forum post

Ben Saunders

(no citation on wikipedia. maybe i should edit it to ask for one and see if we get it)

cwickham

He definitely wrote for Tracey Ullman – there are some other episodes of the show on YouTube and he’s credited on them.

Taiwan Tony

Kim Fuller definitely wrote for Lenny Henry (‘Live and Unleashed’), and Lenny Henry and Tracy Ullman were in Three of a Kind together with David Copperfield (I think?), so it is entirely possible that Kim Fuller wrote bits for The Simpsons as a staff writer. Amazingly.

Darrell

Kim Fuller wrote Spiceworld as a favour to his brother Simon Fuller, aka the manager of the Spice Girls.

cwickham

What was his excuse for the Postman Pat movie?

Rubber

Mrs Goggins was knocking off his dad.

Jawscvmcdia

I’m just going to leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUNBpeUHKXQ

bloodteller

i would rather that you did not

Ben Saunders

too late man you’ve just got to deal with it now

bloodteller

oh no

International Debris

Although that scene definitely has a strong claim for the title of funniest comedy scene ever, I wish people would stop using it as a meme. It’s detracting from the quality of the original.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.