eBay Canada

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum eBay Canada

This topic contains 29 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Lily 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Anonymous

How to Buy on Ebay-Beginner’s Guide

I have noticed that many people are unaware of how to buy on Ebay , reference portal when it comes to online bidding, so I have set out to develop a basic guide on how to purchase items.

Let’s start:

1st Step. Registering on Ebay

The first step, key when buying, is, of course, sign up for Ebay. It is a relatively simple process, and we will only have to put a few data necessary to, once we buy, have no problem with the shipment. To register, go to the next page-> Link . Enter all the data, and they are true, because if you happen to have a problem in the purchases / sales, it does not play anything for you to have false information. You can only increase your age (not that it incites you to go to Ebay, is that it is silly in my opinion).

Once registered, you will be sent a confirmation email to verify that it is a valid email. Go to your email and check it out.

Already, account realized.

Now, to Paypal.

2º. Registering us on Paypal

Why register with Paypal if I can pay in bank? Easy: 95% of sellers only accept Paypal. Basically because it is much simpler than the bank and because it is a safe and reliable medium. If you ever get ripped off, you can ask Paypal for help, and in a high percentage of cases you will get your money back.

To register, go to the Paypal registration page . There gives us different registration options. The first is only if you want to buy and you have clear that you will not sell anything on Ebay. The second is the one I currently own, and that serves you to sell and buy. You register, putting your real data. After this you will be asked to add either a credit card or a bank account. Whatever you want, whichever suits you. Put the necessary data and go. You already have your account, but one thing missing. If you have added a bank account, they will send you some amounts to confirm that it is really yours, when you receive them (2 or 3 days), write them down and enter them where you ask. Apart from this, you will be asked for an email confirmation that will prompt you by email. And that’s it, everything is ready.

We are about to have a nice Ebay account in good condition. Now it’s about associating Ebay with Paypal.

3º. Associating Paypal with Ebay.

Go to Ebay, identify yourself and give to “My Ebay”. Once there, access the “Account” option. You will see that a list of options is displayed. Go to the option “Paypal account”. There you will find the option “Link Paypal account”. Give it and add your Paypal account. You will be asked for ID on your Paypal and you are done. All done.

Now it’s about knowing what we can do on Ebay.

4th. Buying on Ebay.

Ebay has at your disposal thousands of articles at your disposal, so look for the one that interests you the most. I am going to use as an example a Jamman from Spain.

Aim 1

Ebay.com Ebay.com

Ebay.com

Ebay.es

Aim 2 – Differentiate between bid and Buy It Now!

A bid is not the same as an instant purchase. In the bid you put your price and maybe you take it maybe not, in the Buy it and you directly buy it at the marked price.

Jamman’s bid

There you see different data. Price, status, shipping … (Important shipping, as that is added to the final price). Look also at the positive votes, since a seller with enough negative votes is not to be trusted, much less. Look for good sellers, even if that means a little increase in price.

Identify yourself and bid at the right time. My advice is to give “Follow this article” and when you have a few seconds to bid put your price. That way you avoid raising the price foolishly. One tool that can work perfectly for this purpose is Keecua , an auction sniper. And you wonder what that is. Here is your “official” description:
    http://www.ebay.ca

What is keecua?

Keecua is a sniper for eBay. It is an automatic program that allows you to monitor your auctions until the last minute and automatically bid for you with less than 15 seconds to complete the auction.

In this way you make sure that no one knows your intentions to bid for the item, and so the price does not rise until the last seconds of the auction, when no one else has time to react.

Snipping is a recognized technique for winning auctions at prices usually lower than other bidding techniques.

For anyone who has doubts, know that Keecua is not illegal or anything like that. He is a recognized and reliable sniper. I have pujo several times with him and no problem. Also, if your item does not exceed € 30, you will not be charged commission (€ 1.20).

And there it is, there’s nothing else you need to know to make a basic bid on Ebay.

If you have any questions or concerns, you can put a comment and try to solve it.
    ebay canada

Dave

Ebay.com Ebay.com

Ebay.com

Why didn’t you combine three Ebay.coms into one though?

Pete Part Three

I’m dying to hear what ebaycanada thought of Siliconia.

Dave

Snipping is a recognized technique for winning auctions at prices usually lower than other bidding techniques.

For anyone who has doubts, know that Keecua is not illegal or anything like that. He is a recognized and reliable sniper.

So it’s a system for Manipulating Illicit Last-minute Functions? You should get a catchy acronym for that.

Ben Saunders

Anybody who actually bids on an eBay listing more than ten seconds before it finishes is an idiot and just driving the price up.

Dave

Anybody who actually bids on an eBay listing more than ten seconds before it finishes is an idiot and just driving the price up.

Alternatively, if everyone just typed in the maximum price they would be willing to pay for an item and then waited to see if they would win or if someone else was willing to pay more, the system would work fine.

cwickham

Should the How to Buy on Ebay-Beginner’s Guide have continued after Step 1?

Pete Part Three

>Anybody who actually bids on an eBay listing more than ten seconds before it finishes is an idiot and just driving the price up.

Well, that’s just nonsense.

Dave

Well, that’s just nonsense.

I think he means:

My advice is to give “Follow this article” and when you have a few seconds to bid put your price. That way you avoid raising the price foolishly.

Ben Saunders

If something’s sitting comfortably at £10 with 3 days to go, wait the 3 days then bid £11 rather than bidding £11 immediately, leading the other guy to bid £12, etc.

There are programs you can use to increment the bid by the lowest amount possible every time someone bids higher, up to a maximum price. Throw on one of those bad boys with 15 seconds left to go and you’ll win every time, provided somebody doesn’t just decide to drop fat stacks.

Dave

Or just type in the maximum price you’re willing to pay for an item and then wait to see if someone else is willing to pay more.

Pete Part Three

>There are programs you can use to increment the bid by the lowest amount possible every time someone bids higher, up to a maximum price.

Yeah, it’s called eBay.

International Debris

Or just type in the maximum price you’re willing to pay for an item and then wait to see if someone else is willing to pay more.

That doesn’t take into account the psychology of auctions, though. Someone’s more likely to bid a little bit over their general limit if they’ve already placed a few bids already.

To be fair, I’ve won a lot of auctions just by bidding a reasonable amount a few days before the end and then nobody’s bothered outbidding me, usually when it’s something I’m mildly interested in rather than desperate to own. But otherwise, I’ll never bid earlier than a minute before the end.

Dave

That doesn’t take into account the psychology of auctions, though. Someone’s more likely to bid a little bit over their general limit if they’ve already placed a few bids already.

Hence “the maximum price you’re willing to pay”.

If someone else is subsequently tempted to go over that level, then you don’t win the item – which is a shame for you, but it means that the other bidder has paid more than you think it’s worth.

That’s how most auctions work.

Hamish

eBay Canada = getting reamed by shipping costs from the US.

By and and large.

Sofajockey

I placed a bid of 1p on a DVD of the 8th series of Red Dwarf, a popular UK sci-fi comedy, ten days before the auction ended, and I won. They sent me the DVD and refunded me my 1p.

International Debris

Hence “the maximum price you’re willing to pay”.
    If someone else is subsequently tempted to go over that level, then you don’t win the item – which is a shame for you, but it means that the other bidder has paid more than you think it’s worth.
    That’s how most auctions work.

You’re still thinking more along the lines of traditional auctions, whereas eBay ones are time limited. If you don’t give someone a chance to outbid you, by bidding late, then you’re less likely to be outbid.

Darrell

eBay was my religion 10-15 years ago, I used to make a decent income from it. It’s been shit for longer than I can remember though, ever since it pushed Paypal, free P&P and Buy It Now to the detriment of all else and tried too hard to be Amazon. Whole point of it – buyers picking up bargains and sellers being able to use initiative to actually make money – long gone.

Dave

You’re still thinking more along the lines of traditional auctions, whereas eBay ones are time limited. If you don’t give someone a chance to outbid you, by bidding late, then you’re less likely to be outbid.

I understand that. But I’ve never been disappointed by being outbid on something – I’ve just thought that the other bidder paid too much for it.

‘Sniper’ bidding has just always seemed like a bit of a wanky thing to do, for me – it leads to the other person thinking they’re likely to win

Dave

(Huh, the forum decided to post that part before I had finished writing it.)

…up until the last minute, when you snatch it away from them.

I guess I don’t see the bidding process as a fiercely competitive mind game that I need to win, in the way that some people do.

Ben Saunders

It’s a doggy dog world, man.

I honestly don’t understand what you’re saying with “put in the maximum price you’re willing to pay”. Do eBay do auto-bids by default now? You used to need a third-party site to do that. Or do you mean just dropping 50 big ones as a bid with 10 days left to go? That’s insane.

Lily

I’m with Dave, I’ll just put the most I’m willing to pay on an item as my bid.

That doesn’t make the current bid price jump to my maximum though, just one increment (normally a pound?). If I bid £15 on a 99p starting bid, it’ll go to £1 (or whatever). Someone else might bid £3 and it’ll automatically increase mine to £4. It’ll keep on auto-bidding until it reaches your maximum bid.

If someone else bids again after that, then fair enough they win the item as they are willing to pay more than me. Using a sniping tool doesn’t guarantee to win the auction. If I’ve put £50 down as maximum bid on something I’m willing to pay over the odds for and the bid price 10 seconds from the end is still only £20, then sniping £30 isn’t going to get it. I’ve still outbid 10 days ago, and will end up paying £31.

Ben Saunders

Ah right, I didn’t know eBay did auto-bidding these days. Pretty much everything I’ve got off there over the past say four years was Buy It Now.

Dave

Ebay has always functioned like that as far as I know.

Pete Part Three

Er, yup. Not ‘these days’; since ‘day one’.

Sniping software, which our new friend ebaycanada is trying to flog, is an alternative to sitting there and manually placing bids and refreshing auction pages. But, frankly, eBay don’t exactly encourage you do that anyway.

As Lily explains, sniping is no guarantee of winning anything as the *third* option is working out how much you’re willing to spend, bidding it…and then…doing something else.

Dave

Some non-ebay online auctions I’ve participated in have had quite a sensible provision whereby if a bid comes in late – say, within the last five minutes of an auction – the closing time is automatically extended by a further five minutes from when the bid is made, and so on for any subsequent bids.

It helps stop the sniper mentality and encourages people to simply bid what they want to pay for an item without worrying about these kinds of strategies.

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

And to think I was considering deleting this thread yesterday.

Ben Saunders

There’s a new series of Red Dwarf on and the thread about how eBay works is proving the most popular

Dave

In fairness, there is a connection, given that the Leopard Lager listings on there at the moment for last week’s freebie are going for silly money (£20+ and rising).

Lily

Another connection is that the last thing I bought on ebay was Red Dwarf DVD. I had to pay out of my arse for a slightly damaged version of the Bodysnatchers boxset that I’ve been trying to get for years.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.