Edinburgh screening

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Edinburgh screening

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  pi r squared 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

curtis

Just got tickets. Anyone else going?

Ben Paddon

No.

Phobos And Deimos

I am, I live in the Grassmarket so I’m only a jaunt down the road.

gem5ie

Me!!

Stephen Abootman

A week today you can tell us if it’s any good or not then :P

Stephen Abootman

Looking forward to reading what comes out of the Q&A (unless Craig makes the “it was like The Who reforming, only nobody died” joke yet again).

Reece

Currently waiting in the audience. Brown alert, sirs.

Reece

Well that was bloody marvellous.

KyoSo

How visually distinctive did it feel from XI? Does it still have the general blue wash to the lighting, or have they changed that around?

I’ve always felt altering the color tone of the lighting from XI’s blue would be the coolest way to make XII look very visually distinct.

Darrell

I might be wrong but I think there’s a XI = teal, XII = orange delineation.

Stephen Abootman

https://stv.tv/news/entertainment/1396302-new-red-dwarf-series-premieres-at-edinburgh-festival/

A report that tells us nothing we didn’t know already. Great that people are still asking ‘will there be a Red Dwarf movie?’ though.

flanl3

I might be wrong but I think there’s a XI = teal, XII = orange delineation.

So, XII is to VIII as X is to I and XI is to II? Great to hear.

curtis

Loved it. Really strong episode. And for anyone that was at the recording, they cut that stinker of an old joke so good news all round. Good fun Q&A too.

pi r squared

And for anyone that was at the recording, they cut that stinker of an old joke so good news all round.

Is that (likely) the one Ian referred to in the set report as a punchline mocked by Lee & Herring? (If so, I actually quite liked that gag, cliched as it was – hoping it reappears in the Deleted Scenes).

Given that we know that the ‘flying-as-a-euphemism-for-wanking’ stuff recorded for this episode actually made its way into Officer Rimmer, without spoiling anything are you able to say if anything was added to this episode to replace it, or did it just run to time even without that scene?

Stephen Abootman

Naylor Jr: “That first #RedDwarfXIi episode when originally assembled was 41minutes long. Had to take eleven minutes out of it. 🙀✂️✂️✂️”

Captain Bollocks

If we don’t get Cured: The Original Assembly on the DVD, I shall be very cross indeed.

curtis

It was the set report gag that I’m referring to yeah.

As for Officer Rimmer, I’m not 100% certain but I now think the scene was reshot and not recorded on the night for this episode. I could be wrong here though.

Stephen Abootman

Follow up tweet: “Some were cut and put in other eps.”

curtis

I can only think of two full scenes that were present on the recording night but not in the final assembly. The other though, if I remember correctly, was very plot specific. But then again, it was ages ago so I could have just forgotten loads.

pi r squared

As for Officer Rimmer, I’m not 100% certain but I now think the scene was reshot and not recorded on the night for this episode.

Yeah the plot is thickening on this one. Naylor Jr’s tweet implies that bits were cut and stuck in other episodes rather than reshot, but unless Cat and Lister have identical outfits in XII.1 as XI.4, I don’t see how it could not be a reshoot given that their outfits stick for the entire episode.

Certainly to my recall, only the ‘flying’ scene has made its way into an episode we’ve seen, so the use of “eps” plural in Richard’s tweet suggests that maybe some episodes of XII have also received some donor material.

October? Really..?!

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.