How well does Series 10 hold up now?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum How well does Series 10 hold up now?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  By Jove its holmes 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

Obviously with Series 11 out and with Series 12 being broadcast as I write this, how well does Series 10, which is five years old this year, hold up in comparison?

Many see Series 10 as the first ‘proper’ series of Red Dwarf since the end of the original BBC run in 1999, as it was the first Dave series to reintroduce a live studio audience, have model effects, and have all four crew members doing what they do best and back on Red Dwarf. Does it hold up well compared to Series 11 (and soon to be released 12)? Has your opinions of it changed following the release of Series 11 and 12?

Ridley

Why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

bloodteller

no.

Seb Patrick

>Many see Series 10 as the first ‘proper’ series of Red Dwarf since the end of the original BBC run in 1999

I for one am shocked that many people see the first series since 1999 as being the first series since 1999.

Ben Saunders

(played by Robert Llewellyn)

Pete Part Three

Will you actually be partaking in this discussion, or will you just lose interest, toddle off and create a new thread about something else?

Darrell

We’re in the rare vantage point if being in the broadcast window of a brand new series, it could be years until the next one, so til then WHO THE FUCK CARES

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

I don’t know how well it holds up compared to the soon to be released 12. Clue’s in the question.

Ridley

PS I am broadcasting as I write this.

Jawscvmcdia

@ridley: broadcasting on what, exactly?

SoundableObject

I think it holds up really well. The Max Power episode is a particular highlight.

George Kaplan

Well that’s the end of that chapter.

KyoSo

[scarf is caught in a ceiling fan]

MANI506

This is one for the Pearl Poll but I feel X and BTE have both got better with age.

Pete Part Three

Nah.

International Debris

Frankly, the soon to be released 12 is far worse than 10. At least 10 has plots, jokes, and we’ve seen it. 12’s got five totally unseen episodes, which just feels like a letdown.

Pete Part Three

But it’s being broadcast as I write this.

Brayds2006

Series 10? Series 10 was YEARS ago. We’re far more concerned at the moment about the quite hideous thing that’s happened to Series 12.

performingmonkey

It holds up better than that 10th series of most shows.

Ben Saunders

With Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space and The Green Death, Doctor Who gives Red Dwarf a run for its money.

Also, with The Pilot, World Enough and Time and The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who gives Red Dwarf a run for its money.

Sofajockey

Jawscvmcdia – you’re like Kilroy* if Kilroy wandered off the set after the first twenty seconds of the show and just left the guests to it.

* or Trisha

Pete Part Three

(Played by Robert Kilroy-Silk)

performingmonkey

> With Carnival of Monsters, Frontier in Space and The Green Death, Doctor Who gives Red Dwarf a run for its money.

Bleh Pertwee……..

I’m JOKING, of course. (even though Pertwee IS pretty low on my Doctor list……)

Ben Saunders

Well there’s always somebody who has to be wrong (;

By Jove its holmes

Well, I for one would ^love^ to see Seb P.’s take on playing Buford T. Justice and – oh? This *isn’t* the thread for disjointed ramblings?

Bugger…

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.