Last Human signed by Rob Grant

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Last Human signed by Rob Grant

This topic contains 60 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  Seb Patrick 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 61 posts - 1 through 61 (of 61 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Ben Saunders

There’s a listing on Amazon for a copy of Last Human by Doug Naylor signed by Rob Grant.
    Now, either they’ve got it mixed up with Backwards, they’ve got Rob mixed up with Doug, or there genuinely is a copy of Last Human signed by Rob Grant up for sale on Amazon.
    I want it to be the last one. I want someone to have approached Rob with Last Human, perhaps not even aware he didn’t write it, and Rob looking at it for a second and thinking “yeah alright”.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/0140143882/ref=tmm_pap_collectible_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=collectible&qid=1508290896&sr=1-2

Ben Paddon

Pete Part Three

Is the correct response.

(a friend gave me a real-life reproduction of that framed photo last Christmas)

Seb Patrick

Dammit Ben, I had the image prepped before I even opened the thread.

Kris Carter

Hah. Perfect. Image provided by the seller…

Kris Carter

Let’s try that again.

Kris Carter

Motherfu…. RIGHT. Fine. Paste this into a browser or something.

https://imgur.com/9z1BZpb

Kris Carter

Ignore my stupidity… *sigh*. I used to be able to use HTML…

Pete Part Three

Amazing.

clem

That is brilliant. Now I want a copy of Random Abstract Memory signed by Norm.

performingmonkey

Mwahahaha :p

Ben Saunders

Yes it real! Hahahahaha brilliant.

Ben Saunders

I just bought it in case anyone was wondering. I was going to buy Last Human anyway, and I can’t pass up owning this. Maybe I’ll get my copy of Last Human by Doug Naylor signed by Rob Grant signed by Doug Naylor.

International Debris

I hope he was laughing as he signed it.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

You’ll have to change your name to Daniel though, Ben.

cwickham

At the weekend I found a signed copy of Shappi Khorsandi’s novel in a charity shop that was dedicated ‘to Amanda’, so I’ve got an even bigger problem facing me.

Dave

I think that the book’s owner no longer being someone called Daniel only adds another layer to the joke.

Jawscvmcdia

What if Rob Grant had not continued to sign the book after Last Human?

Pete Part Three

I like to think this book will be one of the few remaining artifacts of human civilization in three million years time. The future inhabitants will ponder “Who was Daniel?” “Who was Rob Grant and why has he signed a book written by someone else?” and “What is a book. anyway?”

alexcollier

Hello. Lurker here. This has reminded me of this poster curio I’ve had stashed away for the Last Human, by Grant Naylor: https://imgur.com/a/raGcB

performingmonkey

Gotta love the art on that. :)

performingmonkey

Seriously though……the actual heck with the book?? Maybe various things were being signed and Rob goes ‘fuck it, I’ll sign that for you as well’? Doug needs to see this cause it’s bloody hilarious. :D also it should be owned by someone called Daniel, or Danny or of that ilk I mean for fuck’s sake.

Dave

also it should be owned by someone called Daniel, or Danny or of that ilk I mean for fuck’s sake

No no, a book that’s written by Doug but signed by Rob should definitely be dedicated to a Daniel but owned by a Ben.

Taiwan Tony

Are you really Alex Collier? If so, hello. I enjoy your work.

International Debris

Discussion point: why is the book with four main human characters the one called Last Human?

Pete Part Three

Would dearly love to read the original draft/treatment/idea of The Last Human. The art Alex posted was in the Smegazine, alongside an interview with Rob and Doug where they confidently said “it takes place the day after” or something.

Should have been called “Only Human”, mind.

Ben Saunders

Just read one chapter of Backwards then the second chapter of Last Human etc to get an idea.

(Can you believe they ever thought that would work?)

alexcollier

I *think* it was mentioned on the series 7 doc that R&D did attempt to work together on the Last Human, writing alternate chapters? Though I may well have remembered that completely wrongly, or just made it up by mistake. Always thought there must have been some progress made for a publisher to knock out posters, anyway.

Also, ta Taiwan Tony. Deeply flattered that you think anyone would pretend to be me.

Taiwan Tony

What? You’re like a comedy/art hero of mine!
    When I lived in London I did a few open spots (at the Bedford) with Simon on the same bill and I never bumped up the courage to talk to him. But you both were hugely important to me. It’s a proper thrill to see you here. I’d suggest you might want to appear on a Series XII DwarfCast with Ian if it wouldn’t make me jealous as fuck.

Anyway. This is all getting a bit BDTS/Step Into My Office.

flanl3

> Discussion point: why is the book with four main human characters the one called Last Human?

Why did they combine four human characters into one Last Human though?

Jonsmad

Ben you need Backwards signed by Doug Naylor for the set.

Jonsmad

Ah, THE Alex Collier. Nice one. Hello

Will you sign my back issue of Zit?

Ben Saunders

Does Doug do signings? He appears at publicity events and I guess Dimension Jump but I don’t think I can afford DJ

Jonsmad

Not sure got my doug signature 3 DJs ago and, The next DJ is amazingly sold out already in just four days.

Because Craig has agreed to sign Brittas Empire DVDs

Ben Saunders

Took me a whole 20 seconds of considering a reply before I realised the joke, there. I was going to ask, does Chris not usually sign Brittas DVDs? Why not?

cwickham

Doug was signing at DJ 2015, but he wasn’t part of the official signing session and you had to accost him in the corridor if you happened to see him.

Jo TORDFC

Doug just attended Stoke-Con-Trent, so might well do other appearances. No idea if he has any confirmed though.

…you had to accost him in the corridor if you happened to see him.

This is not true.

Ben Saunders

There’s a sitcom where one of the jokes is how difficult it it to say somebody’s name because their first name ends with a K, and their second name also begins with a K. “Stoke-Con-Trent” reminds me of that.

cwickham

This is not true.

To be fair I didn’t actually get anything signed by Doug because I thought he was part of the main signing session and he’d left by the time I was out of that, so it’s possible I’ve got this wrong (should have clarified that originally. Sorry about that). But he was definitely signing programmes somewhere at some point in the day.

Jo TORDFC

Yeah, we had to set up a separate session with him as the autographs were a last minute decision, we did try to let everyone know!

cwickham

Ah, I clearly didn’t hear and then got the wrong end of the stick. Apologies!

Jo TORDFC

No worries! :)

Darrell

I think a mod needs to step in here, it’s getting a bit aggressive.

Jo TORDFC

Do you need a hug Darrell?

Darrell

I blame the storm. It’s broken me.

Ben Saunders

I’ll break you, you cunt

Pete Part Three

Well, that escalated quickly.

International Debris

I just came off a three hour phone conversation with cwickham and they’re leaving the board.

applemask

YOU ARE ALL VIABLE TARGETS

Seb Patrick

>I just came off a three hour phone conversation with cwickham and they’re leaving the board.

I hope you found their modelling portfolio first.

Ben Saunders

Pete Part Three

Damn. I though it was cwickham’s modelling portfolio.

Ben Saunders

Got a response from Doug himself, fucking hell I can’t stop laughing
    https://twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/status/922463242261233665

cwickham

> fucking hell I can’t stop laughing

Coincidentally, this is what everyone who’s seen my modelling portfolio says.

performingmonkey

Brilliant!! :D

Brayds2006

I nominate this thread for Hall of Fame status.

flanl3

I just came off a three hour phone conversation with cwickham and they’re leaving the board.

Why did you combine three hours into one phone conversation though?

Seb Patrick

I’m glad somebody bought this, although I’m slightly annoyed it wasn’t me.

Ridley

Is it too late to mention the Jethro video signed by Bono?

Pete Part Three

He is not Bono, he is rubbish.

Seb Patrick

Oi saw dem last week at a pap cancert.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 61 posts - 1 through 61 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.