Old habits…

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Old habits…

This topic contains 38 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Ben Paddon 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Pete Part Three

TheLeen

I’m generally intelligent.

hummingbird

I can understand it if he’s gettng abuse in front of his kids, but silly boy.

locusceruleus

Isn’t this the same sort of thing the guy who plays Les Battersby got fired for a while back?

Ah well. You’d think if you were concerned about your kids hearing abusive things, perhaps a football match isn’t the place to take them.

Dave

“I can go [to matches] a bit, but I get so much stick now…I try and go in disguise”

http://www.ganymede-titan.info/parallel/disfigured.php

Andrew

It seems the News of the World have an agenda with Craig these days…

Jo TORDFC

>Isn?t this the same sort of thing the guy who plays Les Battersby got fired for a while back?

If I remember rightly he got pissed up, made racist comments and revealed upcoming storylines.
    I think he did insult fans too, but I assume that that wasn’t much of a factor in their decision given his other comments.

I’m just happy Craig isn’t insulting Red Dwarf fans any more!

Turk Thrust

Craig should be thankful. He was obviously perfectly cast as Lister but he has no acting range at all and if he doesn`t like the attention that being in a primetime soap brings then he could obviously have tried turning down a job for once.

Mr Flibble

Yay! Craig likes us for a change!

ChrisM

Craig should be thankful. He was obviously perfectly cast as Lister but he has no acting range at all and if he doesn`t like the attention that being in a primetime soap brings then he could obviously have tried turning down a job for once.

I remember when I saw him in Lexx. Here he was, in a show where most of the acting is pretty much hammed up (main actors included.) and Craig’s acting was actually pretty low key, normal. The character he played had an extremely dubious morality (that’s putting it mildly) yet he came across pretty normal with none of the overacting the other actors exude… and it worked. Not that the outrageous acting of the others was out of place taking the outrageous nature of the show into account, but it’s the kind of thing that get’s old fast.

Craig actually provided a bit of balance with the small role he had.
    He is a better actor than many would give him credit.

Andrew

Also in the press this week:

From Friday’s Independent – we saw it the night before Saturday’s filming. A nice omen.

It’s not an especially good joke, or particularly clever satire, but here’s what it IS: respectful. It uses reasonable approximations of the characters’ personalities (the Rimmer gag is wholly appropriate) to make it’s point, makes the same play of seeing the present day through the eyes of the future. And at no point does it posit the show as being ‘just for nerds/adolescent boys’, or as being in any way irrelevant or past its sell-by date.

With all the easy gags available to those happy to go for them – and we’ve all seen plenty of that stuff – I’m kinda impressed by how much further this reaches.

Tanya Jones

G&T Admin

Yes; it does seem like RD’s never been away, and how many closet RD fans are still out there…

Phil

I wonder why people are so excited. Isn’t this show just, “Smeg smeg smeg smeg oh look, there’s a Cat…”?

Tarka Dal

> Yes; it does seem like RD?s never been away, and how many closet RD fans are still out there?

There’s very little reason why it shouldn’t get massive figures (for the station it’s on). It’s all about publicity from now until Easter and at the moment it looks like we’re getting more than we could have hoped for.

Somebody

> There?s very little reason why it shouldn?t get massive figures (for the station it?s on).

Well, the target is surely to be the first programme on Dave to break the 1m viewers barrier [Their best to date – on final, rather than overnight figures – is 756k for a QI repeat on the 28th of January, 2008; and they tend to top out at 450-600k in a week.]

Given that it’s on a channel available on Freeview, Virgin Media & Sky; and digital penetration (yes, yes, ooh-err and all that) is increasing all the time, it HAS to be doable with all this publicity!

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

> Given that it?s on a channel available on Freeview, Virgin Media & Sky; and digital penetration (yes, yes, ooh-err and all that) is increasing all the time, it HAS to be doable with all this publicity!

Ironically, having these specials on Dave might end up getting the show far more exposure than if they were airing on BBC Two. As you say, there’s a good chance we’ll break the 1 million mark and if that happens there’s going another tonne of post-broadcast coverage of the show, too as the benchmark for success is much lower and so there’s a much greater chance that people are going to see these specials as a success, which certainly wont harm future prospects.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

This is true – getting 1m on Dave would be better than getting 2m on BBC2.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

It?s television for people with no imagination, people that consider interlectuals to be people who would read books.

EPIC FAIL

I am still unsure why Craig accepted the part????

Yes, why would an actor be interested in a long-term, well-paid regular acting job on the highest rating show on British TV?

cliff

it’s hardly surprising that he gets grief from soap fans….they are dense and quite often think the stories are real, i tend to rate such soul destroying, eye bleeding shows like Coronation st and Eastenders right up there with Big Brother…

It’s television for people with no imagination, people that consider interlectuals to be people who read books.
    Don’t get me wrong there are programmes i watch on tv but i want something much less close to home, i fail to understand how the personal lives of a handful of suburban bores or cockney wailing harodens can be considered entertainment.

The fact that there are millions of viewers merely demonstrates just how many people there are out there with too much time to kill.
    I am still unsure why Craig accepted the part…???

just my brain spilling out.

Think i’m getting old..

cliff

just didn’t expect it really, and with my loathing of soaps …a bitter pill to swallow.

cliff

Sarky Fecker!….

Tanya Jones

G&T Admin

You’re wrong, Cliff. I am fairly intelligent and find Corrie very well written.

Pete Part Three

Conversely, I’m a dumbarse and think it’s a pile of wank.

cliff

i appreciate and admire it’s staying power but as i said before……it IS bollox.

Tanya Jones

G&T Admin

As I said before; you’re wrong.

cliff

well the world hath plentiful variety, if everyone agreed all the time it’d be a boring world wouldn’t it?..

..almost as boring as corrie!.

cliff

Still snowing where you are folks?…sure is here…you can hardly stand let alone dig it out!.

Jonathan Capps

G&T Admin

I was just wondering the other day “where’s cliff?”

I wish I hadn’t tempted fate, now.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Whenever I see his name or avatar, I have to quote the end of The Young Ones.

Tanya Jones

G&T Admin

Bless ‘im.

Mnoooah

I resent Craig’s attitude as much as anyone, but remember he met that chap with the cigarette butt collection and we haven’t.

cliff

Ahhhhh………your all so sweet.

cliff

if i annoy anyone with my ‘i am right’ attitude i am sorry.

…but i am right.

…’hands up who likes me!’.

Tanya Jones

G&T Admin

*puts hands down*

cliff

…’ok i’ll kill myself, then you’ll be sorry!’

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Is it possible to kill yourself with stupid pills?

cliff

i dunno, have you tried??…..yakety yak yak!!!!!……………

Phil

I nominate this thread for Hall of Fame status.

Ben Paddon

I nominate your face for Hall of Ugly status.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.