Please view this thread to read title.

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Please view this thread to read title.

This topic contains 83 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  Hamish 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 84 posts - 1 through 84 (of 84 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

Should I have continued reading the should I have continued watching Red Dwarf with my partner after VII thread?

Discuss.

Seb Patrick

I think you should have combined three people’s opinions into one though.

Ridley

Yeah, why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

cwickham

Should three separate people’s opinions have continued after being combined into one?

Dave Wallace

What would three separate people’s opinions have looked like if they were combined into one in 1997 instead of 1987?

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Why did you have three separate people’s opinions under a cloche?

Plastic Percy

So what is it?

clem

BUTTER

Brayds2006

SMEG

But seriously though why did you combine them?

Plastic Percy

Only joking!

bloodteller

i’ve never seen it before, no-one has, but i’m guessing it’s 3 separate people’s opinions combined into one.

cwickham

A *separate* opinion?

Ridley

Christ almighty. We’re in the middle of a new Jawscvmcdia thread. Do we need three separate opinions about the merits of Series VIII right now?

MANI506

What a very strange day.

Dave Wallace

Wait… Are you trying to tell me it’s three separate people’s opinions combined into one?

Phil

I nominate this thread for three separate Halls of Fame status.

International Debris

Only joking!

Pete Part Three

>Should I have continued

God, no.

KyoSo

I nominate this Cloche for Hall of Butter status

Brayds2006

I, a separate person, nominate this thread for another person’s opinion.

bloodteller

39436175880932/B? “All users attending the forum are only allocated one opinion?” Is that entirely relevant sir? I mean, here we are in mortal danger and you’re worried about Jawscvmcdia bringing three separate opinions.

Stephen Abootman

Always the way, isn’t it? You hang around G&T years and you don’t see one seperate opinion. Then, all of a sudden, three all turn up at once.

Ben Saunders

You’re all absolute slags

Brayds2006

What I’m saying Jawscvmcdia is, it’s better to have loved and lost than to combine three separate people’s opinions into one.

Anything’s better than combining three separate people’s opinions into one.

Dave Wallace

We’ve adapted the forum discussion. Only now, the resulting opinions are split three ways, so as well as receiving the original opinion we also get two other separate ones combined with it.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

If I cut off my separate opinion and leave it behind, can I take three?

quinn_drummer

If we shut down all non-essential system Holly says we should be able to sustain 3 separate opinions. Problem is Rimmer has hidden them all.

Seb Patrick

Now I know that strictly speaking that’s three separate people’s opinions, but they were such big ones I thought they were worth combining into one.

Seb Patrick

Now I know that strictly speaking that’s three separate people’s opinions, but they were such big ones I thought they were worth combining into one.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Six separate people’s opinions?

Phil

See you in ten separate opinions?

quinn_drummer

History tells us that an opinion and opinion and an opinion is a very bad mix

Dave Wallace

If only we had three separate people’s opinions, then at least we could form an equilateral triangle.

Phil

-Do you know what happens when a dinosaur has eaten cow vindaloo, then eats two and a half tons of mint-choc ice cream, followed by…

-Oh god, it didn’t.

-It didn’t what, Lister?

-It didn’t combine three separate people’s opinions into one, did it?

Ben Paddon

We’ve adapted the matter paddle. Only now the returning signal is split three ways, so as well as receiving the original opinion we also get two identical copies.

quinn_drummer

To my darling Candy,

All opinions within this thread are three peoples combined into one and any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental

Ridley

There’s no crime! The first night we were here, Jawscvmcdia jumped us and forced three separate opinions as one into my thread at knifepoint!

bloodteller

I’ve come to warn you, after three separate opinions you’ll be dead!
    Will I really?
    Yes, unless you do something about it now.
    Well, what do you suggest, combining them into one?

flanl3

RIMMER: Maybe, maybe, OK? Breaking your leg hurts like hell, OK? “Hell.” They do it below the knee, “low.” “Hel-lo,” gettit? They do it twice — twice, “two.” “Hello to.” And the jigsaw must mean “you.” Combine those three opinions into one, you get “Hello to you.”
    CAT: I wouldn’t like to be around when one of these suckers is making a speech!

quinn_drummer

Everyone has something to bring to this discussion, but right now I think the thing you should bring is three peoples opinions combined into one.

Dave Wallace

Sirs – the altercation with our future selves caused dimensional anomalies which have combined three separate opinions into one. We should ascertain that the new opinion is stable.

Ben Saunders

Don’t give me any of that three opinions crap, it’s too early in the morning

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

That’s me there. Those are my brothers: John, Frank and Howard. God, we were close. “The Four Separate People’s Opinions Combined Into One” we used to call ourselves. Well, “The Three Separate People’s Opinions Combined Into One” actually, they always made me be Jawscvmcdia.

bloodteller

-Forum Post History of Jawscvmcdia. That should be good for a couple of hours.

-Three days without opinions, and the walls of civilization come tumbling down!

-What d’you mean?

-They say that every society is only three separate opinions away from revolution. And it’s true, isn’t it? You haven’t had an opinion for a couple of days, and you’ve turned into a barbarian.

-I’m just combining them into one!

Phil

Kryten: All systems check. The opinions of three separate people are combined into one as normal.

Jawscvmcdia: The four opinions! There’s four separate people!

quinn_drummer

I was living and working in the United States when three separate peoples opinions were combined into one. And it wasn’t until 2016 or 2017, on a return to the UK, when browsing the web one night, I came in the middle of this thread, clearly a science fiction thread, and at once to my horror and outrage saw what I thought was a rip off of three separate peoples opinions.

I was already reaching for the telephone to call my lawyer when something happened that made me laugh. And it was something that certainly wouldn’t have happened on another websites forum. SO I left the telephone where it was and I went on reading, and I think within a few moments I had got what the thread was, and I was laughing all the time.

For me, made it then and what continues to make this thread so appealing, is that at times it comes to close to my opinion, even if it is three separate peoples opinions combined into one and so delightfully makes a mockery of the kinds of opinions I have. I sometimes wish we could combine different opinions all the time.

KyoSo

I seriously nominate this thread for Hall of Fame Status. Maybe three if there’s time.

Ridley

We don’t appear in threads where people think it’s amusing to drop drei getrennte Meinungen on members of the forum.

*crushed by combined one*

flanl3

I feel like this thread has been derailed some. We still haven’t answered the original question – why DID you combine three separate opinions into one?

Dave Wallace

I think this thread calls for two hours W. O. O.

With. Out. Opinions!

That’ll teach you to combine three separate people’s opinions into one.

Seb Patrick

I think Ian wins.

Seb Patrick

I think all three opinions are right, except me. So just forget I combined them into one, okay?

quinn_drummer

Either give us access to the three people’s opinions we require, or be prepared to have them combined into one.

bloodteller

-Rimmer, you’ve been combining opinions for eight years. How come you’re so utterly useless?

-Oh, speaks! And how many separate opinions have you combined in your entire life? The same number as Jawscvmcdia the forum poster: three!

Jonsmad

Look you can’t trust his separate opinion he’s got no anger. He’s a total dork!

Good point. Let’s take that on board, shall we? Do two other people have anything they want to bring to combine with this opinion? perhaps over tea and biscuits?

Jawscvmcdia

Should I have continued reading this thread after continuing to read the should I have continued watching Red Dwarf with my partner after VII thread?

Jawscvmcdia

Should I have continued reading this thread after continuing to read the should I have continued watching Red Dwarf with my partner after VII thread?

Me Own Stunts

> two other people have anything they

Looking for an acronym to repeat the CLITORIS gag, I can only find TOPHAT which is not rude enough; sorry.

flanl3

Consuming Large Ideal Three-Opinion sets and Regurgitating them In one Single opinion.

It’s about as much of a stretch as the original.

Ridley

Combining a Less Incriminating Trifecta of Opinions Regurgitated In Singular

Jonsmad

Why did you combine three people’s Clitorides into one separate, still difficult to find, opinion?

P.S. Having just discovered the word Clitorides as a legit alternative plural of Clitoris,
    (Vocab i sadly never needed in connection with any seed needing warrior maidens previous to this joke) I now can’t stop shouting in a very loud White Hole Inspired celebration lister voice…

“She Clitoridessss!!!!”

International Debris

THREE separate opinions! And a strange man with funny teeth!

Nick R

Kryten 2X4B 523separateopinionsP

Brayds2006

To Ganymede and Titan, yes sir I’ve been aro-

Lister, have you ever combined three separate people’s opinions into one? No? Shut up and push the trolley.

Stephen Abootman

Dear Carol McCauley,
    Your eyes are like two limpid pools of loveliness
    Your hair is like a golden waterfall
    Plus, those short skirts you wear make me combine three separate opinions into one

quinn_drummer

Lister to Red Dwarf … the intruder seems to be blissfully unaware that we have 3 separate opinions combined into one, in the munitions cabinet.

Brayds2006

Stay back Pete Tranter’s Sister, I know what you want. It’s pink and it’s moist and it’s in my head, and that’s where it’s staying!

You know what you want. You want to squeeze my three separate opinions together, to make one juicy giant opinion.

Nick R

There’s no death here. You start off dead, you have a funeral, then you come to life! As each year passes you get younger and younger until you become a newborn baby. Then you go back inside your mother, who goes back inside her mother, and so on, until eventually we combine three separate opinions into one glorious whole!

Dave Wallace

The fourth opinion (which was much less intelligent than the first three combined into one) stowed away in Jawscvmcdia’s next thread – where it died of old age many years later.

flanl3

HOLLY: You’ve got your basic dimensions, right, length, breadth, depth, and time. The fifth dimension is co-existing realities, three separate opinions which share the same space but are unaware of having been combined into one.
    RIMMER: Sounds like my parents in bed.

Ben Paddon

Hey, I want to settle down! And as soon as I find the right small group of viewpoints, the three separate opinions combined into one who are right for me, my wandering days are over, buddy.

Colorband

We have enough forum posts to last for 30,000 years, but we’ve only got 3 separate opinions left, and everyone’s too polite to combine them into one.

Dave Wallace

“We’ve found something, sir. I think it’s one of the forum posts. A hideously malformed triple-barrelled opinion with Jawscvmcdia hanging from it. It appeared to Rimmer as he opened the G&T forum.”

“Is he all right?”

“I believe he’s just discovered the thread called “what are shirt tails for?”.

bloodteller

-Are you really saying Red Dwarf’s gonna blow?

– In less time than it takes Jawscvmcdia to combine three separate opinions into one!

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

RIMMER: Lights!
    LISTER: What?
    RIMMER: What are you doing?
    LISTER: What are we doing?
    RIMMER: Yes, what are you doing?
    LISTER: Just nipping down to the cinema, to combine three separate people’s opinions into one.
    RIMMER: What, dressed like that?
    LISTER: Yeah. We’re going to see Jawscvmcdia.

cwickham

CAT: Can you comb three separate opiates into one?
    TAIWAN TONY: Ohh! That a very strange question, Mr Cat. Leave with me. I ask people. People who pass, I ask every time.

Pete Part Three

RIMMER: Lights!
    LISTER: What?
    RIMMER: What are you doing?
    LISTER: What are we doing?
    RIMMER: Yes, what are you doing?
    LISTER: Just nipping down to the cinema, to combine three separate people’s opinions into one.
    RIMMER: What, dressed like that?
    LISTER: Yeah. We’re going to see Jawscvmcdia.

Symes wins.

Dave Wallace

Yeah, there’s no topping that really.

Ridley

I think Ian wins. Symes wins. Yeah, there’s no topping that really.

Pete Part Three

Yeah, why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

Brayds2006

I’d like to add my opinion to the hoarde and say that, yes, Symes wins.

I think mine’s the fourth opinion though so consider me non-canon.

Jonsmad

I nominate the Symes win for three seperate hall of fame statuses.

Cloche

So let me get this straight. You want to combine your three magic opinions into one so you can see the king of combining opinions, Jawscvmedia, and plead with him for your freedom. And you’re telling me you’re completely sane?

Hamish

I think everybody wins, except me, so just forget I spoke, all right?

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 84 posts - 1 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.