PLOTS FOR SERIES 11

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum PLOTS FOR SERIES 11

This topic contains 319 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by  cwickham 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 320 posts - 1 through 320 (of 320 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Pecospete666

PLOTS FOR SERIES 11?

I would like to see serious bad guys in some sort of in ship battle!

srmcd1

That’s nice, honey. You do that…

genericnerdyusername

Sounds hilarious. (…)

si

Plots for RDXI? In a Twenty fifth anniversary special, the crew rediscover the stasis leak, which now only takes them back as far as the events of series one. As they know their future selves weren’t around at the time, they leave again, but not before hiding and indulging in some BTTF2 style revisiting of old events using split screens and stuff. Even though, admittedly, they kind of did that joke in Stasis Leak anyway. Oh, whatever, it was the first thing I thought of, leave me alone…

Seb Patrick

I would like to see an episode revolving around the fact that the word “butter” has “butt” in it.

Reece

I always thought about an episode where the crew find an abandoned DivaDroid space station. It would be very much a Kryten-based story. He finds failed experiments and sympathises with them, kinda like Ripley from Alien Resurrection when she finds the failed clones.

si

Red Dwarf/Hyperdrive crossover.

NoFro

Strike a light, Si’s a genius!

si

Well, I try my best….you’re being sarcastic, aren’t you?

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

He finds failed experiments and sympathises with them, kinda like Ripley from Alien Resurrection when she finds the failed clones.

That is when Kryten realises that the chest plate wasn’t just a decorative circle. but it was a ‘0’ and he was the first in a line of experiments where they kept trying…. and failed…

NoFro

“Beyond an Experiment”

Reece

but it was a ’0′ and he was the first in a line of experiments where they kept trying…. and failed…

It’s the perfect plot, I tell you!

Pecospete666

Another one Could be Cat World! Where his one set of ancestors went to!
    I Think the other ship flew into the sun! Throw in a few advanced Dogs as antagonist!
    The Church of Lister should be in it,Nuns Bishops,Pope! that should appeal to RD religion sant!

Ridley

That is when Kryten realises that the chest plate wasn’t just a decorative circle. but it was a ’0′ and he was the first in a line of experiments where they kept trying…. and failed…

I could see this happening.

Pecospete666

I like Si’s anniversary show but it should be 1 hour+ long!

si

How about an anniversary show where the cast introduce clips from past shows, but in costume?

genericnerdyusername

It’ll never happen.

Pecospete666

Si’s would be cheap to make! And the most fitting or the occasion! but they all would have to be there! plus guest stars!

Stephen R. Fletcher

I can’t think of ideas for future plots, but I do have a scene in my head:

LISTER: Kryten, I’m home!
    KRYTEN: What? Already, sir?
    LISTER: Yes.

performingmonkey

I want a VII-done-right, almost-TNG-ripoff one where Kryten is flying Blue Midget alone and is either attacked or hit by an asteroid, resulting in him crashing on a nearby moon. The rest of the crew get to him but he’s badly damaged, with his whole body crushed beyond repair. Barely being able to speak, he manages to get out one clear word – ‘nettie’ before closing his eyes. Rimmer, checking a panel on Kryten’s side, says ‘his systems have stopped functioning’ and Lister says ‘no, man, he’s dead…’ and they walk away.

Later, back on the Dwarf, Lister goes down to Kryten’s quarters. Realising he’s never actually been inside, he tries the door, only to be prompted for an entry code. Punching in ‘nettie’, as the door opens he’s suddenly bombarded with loud music by none other than Rastabilly Skank! After a brief ‘what the smeg?’ he walks in and there’s a mechanoid with its back to him, ‘hi dad…’ she says as she turns and both she and Lister scream.

Kryten has spent the past 10 years building his own mechanoid child and…yeah there’s not much that could be done with that idea but Nettie would end up rebuilding Kryten and then have to die somehow (as all female characters must do on this show ;))…that would be it.

Or the crew find a nudist planet, populated by GELFs.

srmcd1

Or maybe Nettie could fall in love with a green blobby GELF.

clem

That reminds me of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold episode where Red Tornado builds a robot son. It is sad.

Ben Paddon

I think the Cat should do a shit.

srmcd1

And he should do it backwards.

Pecospete666

In a litter box?

performingmonkey

An episode where they do some actual mining.

Ridley

I think the Cat should do a shit.

Adapt Carter’s fan comic? They should, yes.

Ben Paddon

I’d like to see an actual dwarf, painted red.

srmcd1

I know we’re taking the piss out of this thread, but I just thought of a cliffhanger…

Lister and co get attacked by another weird space entity that forces them to choose between two of their greatest desires. Some would be funny, like Cat trying to decide between two different suits, and some would be serious, like Rimmer becoming an officer or having real friends.

But the final one would be Lister’s decision: the creature opens a portal in space big enough for Red Dwarf to pass through that could take them back to Earth, but they don’t know what time period they’ll wind up in, and it’ll close permanently as soon as they’re on the other side. But the choice comes from this: does he take a chance at returning to Earth in an unknown era, or does he stay out in deep space and keep looking for Kochanski?

Carlito

Why would he choose Earth in an unknown era at all?

If it was the Earth he wanted to return to (‘present’ day or at least the time period he originated from), then you got a dilemma. Otherwise, he’s been to Earth several times already, out of his own time. He didn’t stay then, why would he abandon his dream now?

Connell

They should do one with dinosaurs. And it should have eight parts, each more tedious than the previous.

SoundableObject

I want an episode in which Lister says “Starbug too” and Kryten mishears him. Hilarious consequences.

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

I want episodes where some really intriguing, interesting concepts were introduced, not just hokey stupid idea like dinosaurs, ideas that make you think well past watching the episo— what? That’s happened already?… So it has!!

Ridley

Just because for some reason VIII doesn’t hit your G&T-spot, I don’t see how the concepts could never have been turned into better received episodes.

Ben Paddon

Series VII was choc-a-bloc with brilliant ideas, I thought. VIII had some too.

Kris Carter

“Adapt Carter’s fan comic? They should, yes.”

Oohhh, hush you…

peas_and_corn

>LISTER: Kryten, I’m home!
    >KRYTEN: What? Already, sir?
    >LISTER: Yes.

Look out, Kryten!

takerdemon

THIS!

stubbleless

I want an episode where Lister gets a rash… on his bum

Pete Part Three

I want an episode where Lister gets a VD from a vending machine.

CackThosePants

Rimmer meets Brittas.

I’d like an episode where they explore more of the ship like everyone elses quarters etc.

BRING BACK HATTIE AND STARBUG!

NoFro

I’d like to see them revisit old parts of the ship. Not necessarily key sets like the bunk rooms, but it’d be nice if they had to go to a different part of the ship in an episode and the set design evoked the series 1-2 look or 3-5 look or even the BTE style.

Phil

I’d like to see them revisit comedy.

mick

I’d like to see more Native American dwarfs.

SoundableObject

Episode 1: Kryten is arrested when he is mistaken for a serial killer. After he is exonerated, Rimmer, Lister, and he return to Red Dwarf.

Episode 2: Simulant television executives approach Rimmer and Lister to write a pilot for a sitcom. Hogey the Roguey begins to stalk both Rimmer and Kryten.

Episode 3: Cat uses Kryten as his witness when the former refuses to pay for a speeding ticket. In court, they make up a story of why he was he going that fast: Cat was trying to stop Kryten from killing himself because he didn’t get a job as a banker.

Episode 4: Rimmer’s parents come to Red Dwarf to see a medi-bot for the back pain of Rimmer’s father. Morty Rimmer thinks his wallet has been stolen at the medi-bot’s. So he leaves without hearing the diagnosis. Rimmer is asked to explain to his parents why he does not wear the watch they gave him. Lister has an unsuccessful plan to hold out for more money for their simulant pilot (13,000 all together).

Episode 5: Rimmer tries to buy his watch back from Uncle Frank, who found it in the garbage, having been thrown there by Rimmer. Lister tries to resurrect the fledgling simulant deal, while Kochanski plans a break up from her psychotherapist with Kryten’s help. Lister gets the pilot back, by accepting less money (8,000).

Episode 6: Rimmer agrees to visit a boy who lives in a plastic bubble on the way to Holly’s parents’ cabin. Rimmer loses his way, though, and Kochanski, Lister, and Holly visit the boy instead. Kryten goes to the cabin with Rimmer’s ex-girlfriend, resulting in a fire

Pete Part Three

And perhaps open each episode with Doug doing some observational comedy about telesales.

srmcd1

I find it funny that Lister is George. Also the visual of Rimmer doing stand up comedy.

CackThosePants

They need to do a Christmas special. Didn’t Doug plan one a while back?

KyoSo

We’ll never forget Red Christmas.

Stephen R. Fletcher

THIS!

I would prefer the scene be shot without a studio audience, but with pauses for laughter left in.

Pecospete666

THE WALKING DEAD DWARF. WDD-1

Pete Part Three

Forget series XI. I want a spin off show with all my favourite characters: Hogey, Irene, the Medibot, the Data Doctor, Bird Man, Kill Crazy, that woman who raped Rimmer, Nice Nigel and Taiwan Tony.

MANI506

I never saw Red Christmas but I read John Hoare’s review so I think I got the best out of that situation.

Ben Paddon

All I wanted was a sitcom! Is that too much to ask? A sitcom in a biscuit factory!

dodgelister

kryten gets a female genital attachment and lister forgets all about finding kochanski.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

The crew find Kochanski on a planet inhabited by her clones (in the same way as Rimmerworld) and decide they can just “have one each”.

Connell

I want to see an episode set in space. I don’t think Doug has ever thought of taking the show in that direction, could be interesting

Reece

kryten gets a female genital attachment and lister forgets all about finding kochanski.

Red Dwarf XXX

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

I want to see an episode set in space. I don’t think Doug has ever thought of taking the show in that direction, could be interesting

Computer, set a plot in space…

HelloMabel

I have already done that, Doug. It doesn’t go well because the audience needs French windows. There is now no need for you to write this plot.

Ben Kirkham

Here’s one – the Red Dwarf crew wake up one day… and they’ve all got tails. Squirrel tails, fox tails, all sorts of tails.

No?

SoundableObject

Kryten buys a new hat and Rimmer is jealous. Meanwhile, Cat loses his favourite needle in a bale of hay and has to try and find it.

Classic Quotes:
    Lister: Cat, you’re looking for a needle in a haystack.

Lister: Where is me curry?

Rimmer: I really like Kryten’s new hat.

Lister: Smeg head.

Ben Kirkham

Lister eats a big curry and a can of lager and burps lolol

Connell

A mysterious vessel known only as ‘CUNTG&T’, inhabited by some of the most unruly and ugly beings in the universe, is spotted dropping large amounts of shit and live trolls onto the less successful vessel, ‘GAZSOUP-7’. Hilarity ensues.

Can the boys from the Dwarf save the day?

Ben Kirkham

“A mysterious vessel known only as ‘CUNTG&T’, inhabited by some of the most unruly and ugly beings in the universe, is spotted dropping large amounts of shit and live trolls onto the less successful vessel, ‘GAZSOUP-7′. Hilarity ensues.

Can the boys from the Dwarf save the day?”

I want to watch this one, please.

SoundableObject

Our podcast was getting more downloads than the Dwarfcast at one point.

I’ll show you who drops shit on who.

takerdemon

Cat appears on Rolf Harris’ Animal Hospital TV show

CackThosePants

> Red Dwarf XXX

What? Wait 20 series for that to happen. Fuck that.

Bexley Heath

I have already done that, Doug. It doesn’t go well because the audience needs French windows. There is now no need for you to write this plot.

I award HelloMabel one internet.

anniescribe

As the climactic scene in Episode 6, a simulant demands that the crew explain what “smeg” means. And none of them can get out of it by crawling out of the drive room.

Connell

David Brent arrives of the Dwarf. Rimmer and Brent hit it off and decide to try and take over control of the ship, and later the galaxy. Hilarity ensues.

HelloMabel

Brilliant, Connell. Not only could I picture those two becoming friends, but your scenario also reminded me of this:
    http://www.ganymede.tv/2012/01/red-dwarf-x-episode-4-set-report/#comment-58040

Pete Part Three

Was Jonsmad thinking of The Office when watching Entangled? I didn’t get that.

HelloMabel

Just that Connell’s crossover story reminded me of that crossover tangent we did, inspired by Jonsmad’s comment. That was fun.

Actually, did Jonsmad ever say what he was referring to?

peas_and_corn

Lister and the rest get arrested after watching a droid being mugged by a simulant and doing nothing to help

Ben Paddon

Lister and the group spend thirty minutes waiting at Taiwan Tony’s for their order to come in.

NoFro

> Lister and the group spend thirty minutes waiting at Taiwan Tony’s for their order to come in.

Racist.

si

Kryten gets turned into a human (again), travels back in time (again), and decides to write a book about the future to make some money.

;)

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

No, that’s Robert Llewellyn. He’s an actor.

anniescribe

And then is sent back to the future (HA I WORKED IT IN THERE) because no big change stays permanent on the Dwarf, after all.

“Sirs! They’re still not using videocassette tapes again yet in 2012! And the global economy is in a massive tank because of all those lost discs, I’m certain!”

srmcd1

How about a sequel to Back to Earth where the Dwarfers and the actors who play them switch universes. Rimmer is suddenly doing documentaries about massive tools, Lister has to learn how to be somebody else all day, Cat finds himself in a police uniform, and Kryten becomes the host of Carpool.

Meanwhile, Craig, Chris, Danny and Robert are having to figure how all this crap works that they’ve been pretending to use for so many years.

anniescribe

Come to think of it, this probably gets written eventually in every fandom, but there were a couple of great old (and by old, I mean 20 years ago or so) fanfics in Trek where this very thing happened to the main few leads in both TOS and TNG. As I recall, the only switch that really didn’t make that much difference in their lives was Commander Riker/Jonathan Frakes. :-D

(Also, I’d lay money Chris would be the first to figure out the controls and doohickeys on the Dwarf. Which would be far more hilarious if only a couple of the actors were switched around and half the crew were left wondering how the hell Rimmer got competent all of a sudden.)

Ben Kirkham

Series XI, Episode 1 – Lister discovers that the Cat has finally lost his virginity – to Kochanski!

Mayhem ensues.

anniescribe

Not to mention a deal of medical reconstruction and mental therapy for Kochanski, if “Backwards” is to be believed …

SoundableObject

Series XI, Episode 2 – The aftermath of Kochanski’s vagina being torn open. Meanwhile, Kryten attempts to create a new flavour of milkshake.

Alex

Series XI, Episode 2 – The aftermath of Kochanski’s vagina being torn open.

Ah, they’ve got Rob Grant back on writing duties again then.

Ben Kirkham

Series XI, Episode 3 – Kochanski has kittens.

Pete Part Three

Episode 4: Some stuff happens. Then some other stuff happens unrelated to that. Then some other stuff happens. Then there’s a mention of Kochanski. Then some other stuff happens. Then it stops.

anniescribe

HIRE US, DOUG, QUICK, BEFORE NEW LINE SNATCHES US UP.

Pecospete666

Cat meets Cat Woman, the hot one,from Bat man. Result Kittens!

KyoSo

Series XI, Episode 5 “YOU DIE NOW” – Kochanski and her kittens are sealed into the cargo decks. Meanwhile, Lister goes into stasis to pass the time while on hold for a Veg-o-Matic, and Rimmer is forced at gun-point by Taiwan Tony to loosen the drive plate and set off a radiation leak, which destroys them all and mutates Cat into a polymorph.

Series XI, Episode 6 “The Rebeginning” – Lister emerges from stasis to discover he and Kochanski are the only surviving members of the crew. Unfortunately, the Cat polymorph is still at large. Can a trip to Tijuana and a song-and-dance polymorphectomy by Krytens’s Mexican cousin save the day?

peas_and_corn

I’m not sure if you’re taking this seriously, Smegerama.

Stephen R. Fletcher

Is it wrong that part of me wants to see a DVD extra of some of this stuff? A fucked up episode of Dwarf, if you will. Kinda like what they did on the My Name Is Earl Season One DVD with an alternate take on the pilot.

CackThosePants

> Lister and the group spend thirty minutes waiting at Taiwan Tony’s for their order to come in.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES…….and I’m spent!

Connell

A foaming twat is loose on board. It’s up to the Dwarfers to hunt it down.

CackThosePants

> A foaming ropey old twat sandwich is loose on board. It’s up to the Dwarfers to cunt it down.

I’m going to regret that in the morning. CHEEEERS!

KyoSo

> A foaming twat is loose on board. It’s up to the Dwarfers to hunt it down.

“Curiosity Killed the Twat”

Almighty_crj

“Waiting for Cod”
    Rimmer’s attempt at a traditional Friday night fish & chip supper goes awry when Lister insists on fishing barefoot in the ship’s fish tank and the Cat does diving for live food.

Ridley

Uh oh, better watch out Kristine! It’s the wrong time of the month and you’ve returned just when Cat is in heat for some reason! Join the crew of Red Dwarf for another classic half hour of wacky shenanigans in this hilarious homage to The Most Dangerous Game as our favourite navigation officer is pursued through the city-sized ship. Is he gonna get you little Krissie?

*See the two who know their way around Red Dwarf best face off!
    *Laugh as Kryten hijacks all the best hiding spots to tell the contestant that she’s been Krytered!
    *Hear Rimmer call the action on the ship’s speaker system!
    *Enjoy Lister saying that this is just typical of her in a variery of silly voices!

“Finally, a Cat episode!”

Pecospete666

“Waiting for Cod”
    That’s good I’m going to steal that!
    Fuck you Ridex! You back stabbing cunt!

srmcd1

At one point, we find out that Rimmer *didn’t* cause the accident. Holly simply planted the memory in his head so he’d feel guilty enough to stay on as the ship’s hologram.

Ben Paddon

A whole series made up of retellings of classic Red Dwarf adventures in the style of the The Rimmer Experience from “Blue”.

Connell

“A whole series made up of retellings of classic Red Dwarf adventures in the style of the The Rimmer Experience from “Blue”.”

But why would they do X again?

CackThosePants

> I’m going to regret that in the morning. CHEEEERS!

Correct.

Anyway Iove an episode where Kryten has to wear that old northern head from DNA. Moaning and attacking everyone left and right.

Rimmer : Kryten have you completed when I requested?

Kryten : I don’t need no bloody idiot talking me like that. If you want to walk up the hill to buy some bread – you do it yourself you lazy bugger!

Reece

But why would they do X again?

CackThosePants

^ LOL

Craig’s wig must be made of liquorice. A weave of Bertie Bassett’s pubic hairs.

anniescribe

A whole series made up of retellings of classic Red Dwarf adventures in the style of the dream sequence from “Blue.”

Reece

A whole series made up of retellings of classic Red Dwarf adventures in the style of the dream sequence from “Blue.”

“Rimmer! You’re a hologram?!”

“Yes. That’s because I’m dead. Dead as a can of spam. And it’s all thanks to you.”

“Oh Rimsy…”

“Oh Listy…”

Stephen R. Fletcher

In the Series XI finale, Kryten gets the rejuvenation shower working. However, a giant cock up happens which results in Lister, Rimmer, Cat and Kochanski turning into toddlers and the effects are irreversible. This leads to a spin off entitled “Red Dwarf Babies” – where Kryten becomes the kids’ headless nanny after they destroyed all his spare heads and for some reason, Rimmer now has a tomboyish twin sister who bullies him endlessly.

anniescribe

As a fan of the long-forgotten Muppet Babies cartoon, I both salute Stephen and point out Kryten doesn’t NEED a head (we never saw Nanny’s).

si

I have a Muppet Babies LP. Just thought I’d mention it.

Connell

In the series finale, I want to see Warwick Davis painted red and chased round the ship, it would finally answer that age old question of what the fuck ‘Red Dwarf’ actually means.

Stephen R. Fletcher

As a fan of the long-forgotten Muppet Babies cartoon, I both salute Stephen…

I think as long as we have youtube, Muppet Babies won’t be (or stay) long-forgotten :o) *salutes back*

and point out Kryten doesn’t NEED a head (we never saw Nanny’s).

I know. I just thought it would be a…. well…umm… I don’t want to say funny idea… if there be a reason like that behind the now Headless Nanny Kryten.

I have a Muppet Babies LP. Just thought I’d mention it.

SHOW-OFF! What’s it called and what songs are on it? I don’t think I’ve seen a Muppet Babies LPs on Muppet Wiki before.

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

I was talking about Muppet Babies last night, and it occurred how expensive that show potentially was to produce. I believe it was Lucasfilm who made it so the clips from either 20th Century Fox or Lucasfilm-owned that were used were either licensed or fair game given they were created by the same production company.

But still, it was awesome. I still want it on DVD.

Stephen R. Fletcher

Same here! Same goes for Season 4 & 5 of The Muppet Show and Muppets Tonight. Of the bunch, I’d say we’re more likely to get TMS 4 & 5, but even they should’ve been released years ago. Hopefully, the success of the latest film will speed that up and maybe even increase the chances of getting Muppet Babies and Muppets Tonight on DVD.

Adam Bailey

Returning to our Dimension to catch up with Lister for a curry, Ace Rimmer is captured by Gelfs and the Dwarfers must rescue him. Hijinks ensue when Series X Rimmer must pretend to be Ace to carry off the ruse. Close to making a successful escape Lister is confronted by his Gelf wife but manages to comfort her through a rousing ten minute speech on the nature of humanity. Ace Rimmer blasts off back into the unknown, except was it him or the other Rimmer? In celebration of their success they all dig into a pile of kippers. Lister pours ketchup on his.

Meanwhile onboard Red Dwarf, Kryten struggles to make the perfect souffle.

It has never occurred to me before this moment just how many episodes feature multiple Rimmers.

CackThosePants

Tiny Toones > Muppet Babies

I heard the new Muppets film is good, it’s on Sky Movies this Christmas, so will check it out.

Good old Father Murdoch :D

Danny Stephenson

G&T Admin

Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were fucking amazing work. In terms of educational value they were absolutely fantastic. Muppet Babies is one of those things that will always make me feel insanely nostalgic, like Trap Door.

I do have heard good things about ‘The Muppets’, any film that can get Dave Grohl as a cameo gets my vote.

Connell

Fuck, I remember watching Trap Door on a mangey VHS I got from a car boot sale when I was about 8 or 9, I took it home thinking it was a Sooty video and was greeted to that, more than made up for it!

si

The Muppet Babies LP is called ‘Rocket to the Stars’. Here it is with my ‘collection’ of Muppet Show LPs:

Tracklisting:
    Side One:
    The Muppet Babies Theme
    Merry Go Round
    Keep Rockin’
    Dream For Your Inspiration
    Good Things Happen In The Dark
    Side Two:
    Camilla
    Rocket To The Stars
    Practice Makes Perfect
    It’s Up To You
    I Can’t Help Being A Star
    The Muppet Babies Theme (Reprise)

Somewhat unbelievably, that album dates from 1985. No, I haven’t listened to it recently. Yes, my living room rug does want a run over with the hoover.

Pete Part Three

>I do have heard good things about ‘The Muppets’, any film that can get Dave Grohl as a cameo gets my vote.

I liked it but I found the second half a little weak. There are rather a lot of meta-jokes and I found these a little wearing after a while as it seemed to be where 95% of the comedy was derived from.

Muppet Christmas Carol still top of the heap.

Phil

>The Great Muppet Caper still top of the heap.

FIXED WHAT YOU SAID BY CHANGING IT TO SOMETHING THAT I AGREE WITH

anniescribe

Glad to see so much Muppet Babies love all over this thread. I was pretty well in junior high or high school when that was on, I believe, but I had a little sister who liked watching, and it was fun for me, as well. That show had a good deal of adult humor that flew over the heads of the little ones. :-)

On another note, I’ll just say this is one of the very few websites featuring the phrase “multiple Rimmers” that I’m allowed to pull up here at work.

Stephen R. Fletcher

Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were fucking amazing work.

SO AGREE WITH YOU! I’ve been rewatching Animaniacs this year (along with Pinky and the Brain). I haven’t rewatched Tiny Toons yet, but plan to. I WANT THEM ALL ON DVD DAMMIT!

I liked it but I found the second half a little weak. There are rather a lot of meta-jokes and I found these a little wearing after a while as it seemed to be where 95% of the comedy was derived from.

I loved it, but I can understand what you’re saying, Pete. I can also understand some of the criticisms Frank Oz has come out with aswell, but for me personally, I was just so happy to have Scooter and Rowlf back with the main gang where they belong and not have Pepe taking up a lot of screen time. I hope they keep it that way for the next film. I don’t so much mind Pepe getting more to do, but if Scooter and Rowlf get pushed away into the back again, I won’t be happy. They deserve better than that IMO.

Si, I love that pic! Though I wish I had that LP, I was lucky enough to get some downloads of The Muppet Show albums (and some other old Muppet Soundtracks, too) to put on my iPod.

Stephen R. Fletcher

Glad to see so much Muppet Babies love all over this thread. I was pretty well in junior high or high school when that was on, I believe, but I had a little sister who liked watching, and it was fun for me, as well. That show had a good deal of adult humor that flew over the heads of the little ones. :-)

When I was a kid, Muppet Babies was really the only Muppet thing I watched. I loved it. I also did watch The Muppets Take Manhattan and I actually thought for a while that Muppet Babies came first and that film, and all the other stuff were made afterwards. So it was really baffling to me when Skeeter just disappeared and seemed to be forgotten about.

And when I first saw Muppets Tonight, The Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island, it really confused and upset me that Scooter seemed to disappear and Rowlf would get a cameo or two. Of course, not knowing anything about the Muppet Performers and the behind the scenes reason for that happening.

Ben Kirkham

“Tiny Toons and Animaniacs were fucking amazing work.”

Fuck Yes! I used to have the Tiny Toons game for the Mega Drive, bloody loved it. And Animaniacs had the fabulous Pinky and the Brain.

Pecospete666

Fritz the cat is my childhood cartoon!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fritz_the_Cat_(film)

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Before most of you were born!

Pete Part Three

Isn’t it your childhood now?

Pecospete666

I’m on my third!

“FaceOver” great free photo app

Pecospete666

Though I do not know” Ian” personal his Internet personally reminds me of “Fritz”

Reece

Wow.

Blisschick

Yeah.

Ben Kirkham

Er… um… that’s just… wrong.

Ridley

Lister builds a Cat flap into the hull of the ship. He immediately regrets it when another member of Felis sapiens arrives on board and starts pelting him with dead pigeons.

Connell

Half an hour of Rimmer’s slideshows

clem

The Mugs Murphy Show

anniescribe

“Half an hour of Rimmer’s slideshows” – Yeah, no. Only if Rimmer will narrate it. With his ass to the camera the entire time. 0:-)

Blisschick

:)

Pecospete666

Blisschick drinking that white lightning again?

CackThosePants

White lightning enema, because your worth it.

Pecospete666

Crack! does crack in your name mean you smoke it?
    I ride the horse!

CackThosePants

Love to sniff your crack. I bet it smells like skittles because your one fruity slut.

* Sniffs……..”Aah, Pecos!”

SoundableObject

Series XI Episode 1

Holly returns! And this time it is two for the price of one as we have the male Holly on Red Dwarf and the female Holly on Starbug. Hilarity ensues as Red Dwarf is blown up and they have to spend the rest of the series on Starbug.

Reece

Holly returns! And this time it is two for the price of one as we have the male Holly on Red Dwarf and the female Holly on Starbug. Hilarity ensues as Red Dwarf is blown up and they have to spend the rest of the series on Starbug.

~Fin

CackThosePants

> ~Fin

More like “sued” …..he stole my idea.

Though to be fair only the first part. I never said it could be funny or the blowing up bit. We’re split the profits.

applemask

David Ross and Robert Llewellyn fight to the death inside a barbed-wire thunderdome

CackThosePants

Applemask your evil idea is rotten to the core.

SoundableObject

The gang find out they are just characters in a TV show called “Red Dwarf”. They have to stop the show being cancelled by fixing some frame dropping.

SoundableObject

Vicar of Duane Dibbley

Ben Paddon

Red Dwarf is on a collision course with a star, and their only hope is a JMC data disc that’s supposed to be compatible with every current-model computer system in the fleet! However the files are stored in a format that the on-board JMC computer can’t open…!

(Yes, this is me being bitter about the 1080i50 Bluray.)

Connell

Dibbley or no Dibbley – The thrilling spinoff.

genericnerdyusername

I choose No Dibbley.

Blisschick

>Blisschick drinking that white lightning again?

Only because you’ve driven me to it.

Ridley

All the vending machines form a UN and put trade sanctions on the crew for upsetting the French and Chinese delegates.

SoundableObject

Taiwan Tony takes over Red Dwarf and begins to transform the ship into a giant fortune cookie. Meanwhile Lister can’t get free of a Chinese finger trap.

Jonsmad

In reply, yes, I did mention twice in other threads I think, that the sitcom i refered to in the set report was Gerald in the midst, episode of “Nightinggales” which had a gorillia joining the cast, as a guest.

So In Red Dwarf XI I want cat to turn into a werewolf.

peas_and_corn

A businessman convinces Lister that Red Dwarf needs a monorail

Ben Paddon

Fed up of getting food from vending machines, the Dwarfers decide to head down to the ship’s forgotten nightlife district and eat at a Chinese restaurant on their way to the ship’s cinema, only to find the AI serving the front counter insists the place is full and they’ll have to wait for a table.

Ridley

Over the course of one evening, Lister finds himself on a losing streak to Rimmer when the Second Technician shows an uncanny talent for table tennis.

Determined to win, Lister demands a rematch. However, the ship’s autocorrect sends out the message that he “had never given a smeg about Ping Ping before tonight.” leading to an uncomfortable situation with Red Dwarf’s Chinatown AI.

Phil

A woman shows up and they all sit around masturbating.

genericnerdyusername

If they don’t have every version of Rimmer in the 50th Anniversary special then fuck Naylor and his giant ego for betraying the fans.

Connell

Pre-titles sequences, Lister is sat in the drive room, a foreign object appears on the scanner. Kryten informs Lister is appears to be a blue police box heading straight towards them. Lister immediately destroys it.

Connell

The creator informs the Dwarfers he is no longer interested in the type of audience they attract anymore.

Seb Patrick

I want an episode where it’s revealed to the cast that their entire lives are a TV show.

And that TV show is Michael Barrymore’s Strike it Lucky.

Ridley

Things backfire for Kryten when he tries an experimental robo-curry, threatening the local seabird population.

Tarka Dal

How about an episode where Kryten is human and everyone else blacks up?

takerdemon

Lister uses a jet ski to jump over a giant shark on an ocean planet

HelloMabel

The crew travel to a city called Birmingham in the year 2013. They land in a small hotel room with 17 people spouting bollocks and recording themselves. Kryten whips out his sci-scan and hilarity ensues.

anniescribe

… And then they realize it’s in Alabama and the 17 people are the entirety of a Safeway sales convention. :-P

Connell

The crew find Ackerman living in one of the cargo bays, having lost his eye centuries ago. It’s up the crew to hunt down Ackerman’s eye in time for his date with Taiwan Tracy! Graham McTavish guests.

Pecospete666

DWARFS! there’s no dwarfs in Red Dwarf! A episode featuring a dwarf or dwarfs would be appropriate. Should be Native American Dwarfs, then it would truly be Red Dwarf!

Ben Paddon

The crew find Kochanski when they discover that not only has she been using Twitter over the last couple of years, but she’d forgotten to turn location tracking off. Kochanski is once again recast, this time portrayed by Patricia Routledge.

Phil

The crew journey to America in the year 2016, where they find Pecos Pete and Ben Paddon living together for financial reasons. The episode serves as a backdoor pilot for “Pecos ‘n’ Paddon: Murder Detectives” and as such finds them working together to solve the mystery of who killed Archie. In the B-plot Lister has graphic intercourse with Ben’s refrigerator.

Ridley

Dispenser 34 reveals that she is pregnant with Lister’s child but the fruit of their loins gets caught in the mechanism. Guest appearance by Gynae-Bot.

Pete Part Three

Lister discovers that the human race isn’t extinct after all. They were all just hiding.

Jonsmad

An Episode set entirely in the woods, made up of White Hole like time dilation loop problems faithfully re-created using the drop frames of the red cameras.

Magic Me

I think that that guy that Craig Charles plays will be in it.

He might eat curry. Or mention it.

SoundableObject

Kryten gets more RAM. Hilarious consequences.

tanya

They stop trying to advance the show and make it look like it did back in series 6! That’s not a plot though.. as for plot they kill off kochanski!! ^_^

Ridley

The Dwarfers discover the terrible truth that Red Dwarf is, in actuality, a miming ship.

Connell

The Dwarfers almost find another Stasis leak and have to avoid their past selves in footage taken from earlier series’, until they realize the budget won’t cover it. The stasis leak timely disappears and Lister fucks a Portuguese tin opener instead.

anniescribe

Hey, as each actor has at least one son; they could film flashbacks that way. Although it’d probably get weird when Lister is almost twice as tall and years older than Rimmer … but that can be explained away by timey-wimey. Or that Rimmer’s boothing has just been working really super well …

Pete Part Three

Kochanski celebrates her 32nd Birthday with a party, gets drunk and fucks The Cat. Meanwhile. Kryten discovers he has early onset-Droid rot and struggles to come to terms with the news. And Rimmer waits in all day for a postpod to be delivered – but it never turns up.

clem

Spare Hand One goes berserk and molests a coffee machine. Meanwhile Rimmer takes up topiary and Lister finally looks up ‘iguana’ in the dictionary.

tanya

heheh wow mine was serious guess that is not the name of the game ^_^

peas_and_corn

In a bizarre retooling, the Dwarfers are given morphers to have the powers to become the Dwarf Power Rangers. They fight GELFs and the ship becomes a humanoid robot somehow.

anniescribe

“Somehow.” And this, kids, is how sci-fi was born – “Somehow, there has to be something worse than a monster … I know, the asshole doctor who created him!”

(Don’t mind me, I’m just missing some sleep. Stupid epiphanies with dumb timing. I just want an episode with Cat race survivors …)

si

the Dwarfers are given morphers to have the powers to become the Dwarf Power Rangers

Mighty Dwarfin’ Power Rangers.

Phil

“the Dwarfers are given morphers”

I thought you were going to start rapping. :(

Ridley

Rimmer declares himself emperor and changes all of Red Dwarf’s systems so that the ship runs to the new Rimmerian calendar. On Arnday, the ship is pulled through a time hole. They don’t know when they are when they are approached by a species of GEL-Th who Generally Eat Lifeforms on Thursdays thus leading to a race against time maybe.

Pete Part Three

Kochanski dies.

Pecospete666

“Kochanski dies”. While filming a “Little People” Porn Movie! Directed by the Cat! Working title. “Little Pussy”

7 dwarfs comes to mind!

Somebody shoot me!

Ben Paddon

The Dwarfers find themselves locked in a duel across time and space.

clem

In a Bob Newhartesque twist it turns out that all of Red Dwarf was a dream had by Captain Butler.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

Lister eats a curry and spills some but he doesn’t care because he’s Lister. Someone says smeg.

evarofzentral

Episode 1 – Hogey Part 1 – The Dwarfers face off against Hogey the Roguey in the promised cookery contest from Series X. Ainsley Harriott beams in to adjudicate only to be killed when he trips over a box and a bathtub of water falls on him. Antony Worrall Thompson replaces him, but steals the last bib from the denti-bot and havoc ensues.

Episode 2 – Hogey Part 2 – Hogey asks the crew about their past adventures, prompting Kryten and the Cat to tell Marooned from their perspective. However, they are interrupted constantly by Taiwan Tony (to the extent that we are only shown clips with them in from the original Marooned) and havoc ensues.

Episode 3 – Our robo Ross – Lister decides to change his name to Ross Lister but when the Dwarfers decide to return to the DNA ship Ross is turned into a robot and havoc ensues.

Episode 4 – Hogey Part 3.33 recurring – Captain Hollister and the rest of the non-original crew return to Red Dwarf only to find that Hogey doesn’t like them much and havoc ensues.

Episode 5 – Duct Loop – The tv channel Dave accidentally put Duct Soup on a constant loop for two days and havoc ensues.

Episode 6 – Nan-achey – In a flashback episode Ross remembers back to when his Nan had an ache in her foot and havoc ensues.

Episode 7 – 101 Kochanskis – Ross is delighted when Red Dwarf finally finds Kochanski on its scanners. However, when he, Hogey, and TT get down to the planet they soon realise they’ve got more than they bargained for. Kochanski has been cloned and the only way to find the real Kochanski is to search for the one that can stand on its hind legs like a little Rory Calhoun – havoc ensues.

Episode 8 – Rimsy TV – With Kochanski returning to the ship Rimmer sets up a pay-per-view tv service of Kochanski in the showers and havoc ensues.

Episode 9 – Last of the Summer Whine – Kryten makes the decision to stop whining about Kochanski only to go crashing down the cargo decks in a bathtub with Cat – havoc ensues.

Episode 10 – The Black Seal – Rimmer is demoted to Third Technician by King Tony and decides to assemble the seven most evil scutters on Red Dwarf in order to have his revenge. But when Rimmer’s old adversary the revolving toilet from Balance of Power comes back to haunt him havoc ensues.

Due to ten episodes being produced Series XI had to be shot exclusively in Shepperton woods to cut costs. However, this situation is not acknowledged in the series, with the characters just acting as if they are on Red Dwarf or wherever they happen to be. Nevertheless, fans will be pleased to note that perennially reliable games studio Gearbox has been hired to undertake the CGI required for the season, although they will be outsourcing some of the work to the makers of the acclaimed E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial on the Atari 2600.

KyoSo

Series XI opens with the reveal that Red Dwarf itself was actually projected by Rimmer’s light bee. Shortly after learning this, Taiwan Tony breaks up with Rimmer, who suffers a resentment attack causing the ship to vanish. Lister and the Cat, unable to breathe, swim to a nearby island. Then they are rescued by a passing GELF ship which takes them back to Hawaii.

In the following episode, Lister and the Cat meet a genie who grants them three wishes. The rest of the episode follows their adventures with the genie in Hawaii, which goes horribly wrong when the Cat repeatedly wishes for fish. All three wishes wasted, Lister is forced to turn the largest fish into a submarine. The rest of Series XI revolves around them driving the dead fish through the ocean, searching for Kryten while fighting off vicious head-hunters and Ernest Borgnine.

In the final episode, they find Kryten ship-wrecked on an island with Gilligan, who tags along back to Hawaii. In a shocking twist ending, they recover Rimmer’s light bee and power him back up along with Red Dwarf. The episode ends with Red Dwarf being commissioned as a cruise ship with Rimmer as captain, a set-up for the show to be retooled as the “Funtastic Arnold and Gilligan Hour” in Series XII.

Phil

For budgetary reasons series 11 features a bottle episode that doesn’t include any of the crew. Instead they are forced to abandon Red Dwarf (off-camera) due to an asteroid storm (off-camera) and only return at the end of the episode (off-camera).

The entirety of the half hour is given over to Taiwan Tony, the Medi-Bot and the Denti-Bot in the same room, talking about past loves and generally being really fucking annoying.

Hilarity ensues when they are joined by Kerry Shale’s newest embodiment of a lazy stereotype, Rapey the African.

Paul Muller

Ep.1: After a malfunction with a DNA modifier, the Dwarfers suddenly find themselves turned into women. The episode then centres around an extended joke about periods, until, whilst discussing their love of horses, men and the mystery of the offside rule, they accidentally manage to flush themselves out of an airlock like a bunch of idiots. Taiwan Tony offers the final punchline: “What a load of sluts”. Cut to credits.

Ben Kirkham

Seb Patrick

Now that we’ve hit 200 I’m going to print this out and give it to Doug. So get your last few suggestions in quickly, folks!

si

Lister and Rimmer desperately try to avoid the Zero-Gee Football results.

si

Rimmer goes mad and starts hitting Starbug with a branch.

Ridley

Flashback episode: Grateful to Lister for his moving farewell, Rimmer’s first act as Ace is to jump to an earlier period in Lister’s lifetime and rid Liverpool of its ethnic Chinese population. After toppling the arch, Ace decides he’s a bit bored with being a hero and goes back to Red Dwarf. Meanwhile, Lister uncovers evidence that he’s actually from Manchester, specifically his memory of leaving himself at the Rovers Return 2099 with a smudged post-it note instruction to “leave at pool”.

si

Rimmer and Lister are “on a break”.

Pete Part Three

Due to some weird space thing, all the good ideas in the universe are suddenly used up and, with no more adventures to take part in, the dwarfers wither away and die.

(This’ll be a multi-series arc)

Pecospete666

At least 1 Cat episode! I’m tired of Kyten hogging all the shows!

Ridley

Chris Barrie is replaced with a silent, life-size cardboard cutout of Rimmer for an episode. Neither the script nor the cast acknowledges the change in any way.

Ridley

Epideme II: Syphilis

Phil

Birdman is back…and he’s getting married! Lister, Rimmer, Kryten and Cat all fall over themselves (and each other!) in the hopes of becoming his best man. In the end he tells them that they’re all great men…and therefore none of them can truly be the best. He then rides Pete into the sunset.

In a fun B-plot, Lister finds a stranded human being in need of aid. His actions directly result in her gruesome death and he doesn’t give a shit.

si

The Dwarfers’ friend Ace turns up, and takes Lister, Rimmer, Cat, Kryten and Kochanski out clubbing.

Ridley

In a fun B-plot, Lister finds a stranded human being in need of aid.

“You make Birdman?”
    “No… Birdwoman.”

Bird Science!
    Birdfantasy and microchips

Starring Michael Birdmanasseri and Birdvanessa Birdangel

si

1) Lister goes to donate blood, hilarity ensues.

“A pint? That’s nearly a smeggin’ armful!”

2) Rimmer goes to donate blood, hilarity ensues.

“A pint? That’s very nearly a smegging armful, miladdio!”

Pete Part Three

Everyone gets gay.

SoundableObject

Roboship:

Kryten joins a crew full of androids but eventually leaves because something happens.

Meanwhile, Lister auditions for Kryten’s replacement. Taiwan Tony is chosen over Talkie Toaster and that vending machine from ‘Only the Good…’.

peas_and_corn

But he knows so much about Rimmer, like his taste for chocolate.

Ridley

Pete: Part 2 – Tabby Ranks Mix

Hesperus

I’d like to see an episode where they find an old store of musical instruments on board.

I can imagine Rimmer trying to play the trumpet (badly) and winding up Lister with it. Of course, that would then need to have some greater significance in saving the/helping them with something else that happens later… not sure what though.

I’d also like it to be just the 4 Dwarfers staying on the ship, or at most raiding an empty moon/derelict etc.

Phil

Blue Midget forgets how to dance. The Dwarfers each take turns trying to teach it.

This is a five part episode.

Ridley

Whenever the crew asks Rimmer a question, he whispers “Magic!” then – with accompanying twinkly sound effect – throws glitter in their eyes.

Ridley

“Rimmer, am havin’ a heart attack!”
    “Are you?”
    “Look at me arm, man!”
    “Oh yeah.”

Pecospete666

Kill off a character! The Simpsons are killing off a character this year! Bobbyllew is a good choice! Put him out of his misery of that mask!

Pecospete666

Kill off a character! The Simpsons are killing off a character this year! Bobbyllew is a good choice! Put him out of his misery of the mask! Vogons intercepted this post the first time I put it up.

Ridley

Whenever Lister tries to visit Kochanski’s quarters, John Barrowman’s head suddenly appears and sings at him, causing the last man alive to fall into a nearby space hedgerow.

si

John Barrowman’s head suddenly appears and sings at him, causing the last man alive to fall into a nearby space hedgerow.

Death by jazz hands.

Phil

Red Christmas: Xtended

Ben Paddon

Even better: Show Red Christmas to an audience, record the reaction, and add it to the episode. “Red Christmas, now with embarrassed coughing!”

performingmonkey

The boys hit the edge of the universe, which turns out to be nothing more than a giant black cloth covered with thousands of LED bulbs (4.5W GU10s, cool white).

ori-STUDFARM

Kryten discovers he has another brother called Kane who is residing on a remote and seemingly deserted colony. At first things seem to be going swimmingly until Lister discovers the evil plot that Kane has been hatching. Kane has been working with a giant intelligent snowflake entity that feeds off organic lifeforms. He has already given the lives of the colonists to the entity and now plans to feed it the crew. Lister tries to warn the others but nobody believes him because he is stupid and now no longer even knows what an iguana is… again.

steven87gill

The only thing I ask for series 11 is that the production people don’t cake Chris Barrie with make up and slap (what look like) hair extensions on him.

I mean, look here.

http://www.ganymede.tv/wp-content/uploads/sfx-seriesx-rehearsals-350×422.jpg

Look how much more he actually looks like Rimmer in that photo, when they’re not trying to force it with OTT make up and weird flat looking, overly gelled/extension-ised hair.

Okay, so his hairline has receded a bit, but so what? Here, he naturally oozes *Rimmer-ness*

(is that a word?)

Ridley

I don’t want them to cake Robert Llewellyn in make-up or slap hair extensions on Craig Charles and Danny John-Jules.

peas_and_corn

Put makeup on Robert? It gets worse than that, Ridley. I’ve heard that there’s talk of putting a weird mask on his head.

anniescribe

I thought he looked a lot like Sam Rockwell in that one, actually.

Ridley

It’s an awkward Valentine’s Day for Lister when he opens the card and his secret admirer’s handwriting is a match for his mother’s. Again.

Ridley

Roboship:

Kryten joins a crew full of androids but eventually leaves because something happens.

So close.

—-

[Citation Needed]

The absence of Holly begins to seriously affect the running of the ship. The crew decides to make Red Dwarf free access so that anyone can program. With hilarious consequences.

KyoSo

Red Dwarf is blown up by Social Justice Simulants over Taiwan Tony’s voice.

Phil

They all become Kryten.

And by that I mean everyone chases Archie around the ship for 30 minutes.

SoundableObject

The gang find a phone app that turns them all into Dwayne Dibbley. There are hilarious consequences.

Ridley

They all become Michael Crichton to reuse the dinosaur and gorilla assets from series VIII.

Amy no like Peter no like Amy Amy sad sad.

Phil

They all become the Medi-Bot.

Nick R

MEH-DI-BOT

Pete Part Three

Continuing the theme of cast dictating the plots by wishing to try on alternate make-up, Lister, Cat and Kryten all die. 25 minutes of H-based hilarity ensure.

si

Kryten gets dreadlocks.

evarofzentral

They all become computers, have a sex change between XI and XII and then get written out of the show.

Ridley

The Dwarfers go on a live tour but Lister is replaced by his doppelgänger from Cyberia played by Craig Bierko.

Guest starring Peter Kay as Ricky Gervais.

Brayds2006

They all become Holly, all at once. Hi-jinx ensue, until they all leave the ship when their legitimacy is questioned.

Phil

They all become PecosPete666.

Ben Kirkham

Now we know there’ll also be a Red Dwarf XII, is it possible XI will end with a great big cliffhanger?

Ridley

They all become Celebrities Disfigured.

si

They return to Coronation Street, only to find that Craig Charles has left.
    Simon Gregson finds it difficult adjusting to life in deep space.

performingmonkey

Rimmer is about to ‘die’, and the only way of saving him is for Lister, Cat and Kryten to be miniaturised and injected, by a skutter, into his light bee. A sort of sequel to Terrorform, though not copying it, obviously……

Phil

They all become bone marrow donors.

Ridley

They all become man to man with Birdman.

The Birdman Centipede

Brayds2006

They all make blueberry muffins, like Martha used to make.

si

Here’s a thought. Bring back Norm *and* Hattie as Holly. We know Holly’s been out of action, so now he/she can be back, but with the odd glitch – a ”fzzzt ” mid-sentence where they change, and back. I think that’d be funny, even if it’s just for one ep.

Ridley

P2P already thought that and put it in a (Red Dwarf IX?) trailer.

si

Oh. Didn’t know that. Oh well. It’s a good idea. Great minds, and all that.

Ridley

By Jove its holmes

Rimmer – who treats women like garbage – wakes up to find out that the others have adjusted his hologrammatic settings so he looks just like this, clothes, accessories and all:
     photo 10648747_1477970135803170_8169610126313989634_o 14_zpsxon6gcq8.jpg

Pongo

Rimmer mentions he had a secret dog on Red Dwarf before the accident. They open up some vents and find a race of humanoid dogs. The Cat gets tired of not being the only evolved pet and swaps bodies with Kryten. Then, a knock on the airlock: Kochanski is back – and she’s on her period.

si

Camille returns, and Taiwan Tony falls in love with her, thinking that she is a female racially stereotypical vending machine called Ah-so Suzi.

John Hoare

G&T Admin

Camille returns, and Taiwan Tony falls in love with her, thinking that she is a female racially stereotypical vending machine called Ah-so Suzi.

That’s the arc plot stretching across XI and XII.

Phil

The crew encounters a rapping vending machine called Taiwan Tone-Def.

Pongo

Holly reveals he actually put Lister in stasis to keep Rimmer sane. This episode is also a musical.

si

Frankenstein awakes from a horrible dream whilst on Titan, and decides to stay away from that big black Tom.

Brayds2006

Rimmer’s body is crushed by a Mexican vending machine (named El Taco Loco Chico) and his head is sewn onto Lister’s shoulder. No mention is made of how this is possible.

Ridley

Rimmer discovers that he’s an extraterrestrial and a big fuss is made about him being an alien for thirty minutes before he remembers that he’s from Io. Episode ends with Lister winking at the cameria but it’s, like, a lizard eye or something.

peas_and_corn

The crew lose Starbug and spend the whole of series XI looking or it. The arc ends when Rimmer asks “why are we looking? we have dozens of them”.

guvnor

Since nobody from Red Dwarf has reported for duty or submitted any paperwork in over 3 million years, a “policies and procedures” drone is dispatched to ensure that all Jupiter Mining Corp employees abide by the rules and regulations of the Space Corp Directives handbook. In a hilarious B plot, regulations state that Cat must be neutered.

Ridley

The musical episode has different songs depending on the individual viewer.

SoundableObject

Rimmer realises he really likes curry. Lister gets annoyed as it is one of his two character traits. The episode ends with Archie landing in Rimmer’s curry and he declares that he is so disgusted that he’ll never eat another curry again. The hilarious coda is Cat walking in and declaring he really likes larger.

si

Larger what?

SoundableObject

Larger spelling mistakes.

Paul Muller

Kill Crazy’s back, and he’s crazier than ever!

After drifting in space for 16 years in a cramped Canary shuttle, he’s suffering from severe muscle wastage and bone loss, malnutrition and advanced thyroid cancer caused by solar radiation, alongside acute post traumatic stress disorder after being forced to feed on his dead crewmates to avoid starvation.

Hilarious hijinks ensue!

Ridley

Cat opens a real estate company called Realty Sucks on an anicent Indian burial ground haunted by Roman soldiers.

Pete Part Three

Rimmer, Lister and Cat all become robots because why the fuck not? Then they all go to the circus.

Ridley

Even though he’s wearing a cape out of season, the Dwarfers don’t realise that Cat has become a vampire until he starts trying to suck Rimmer.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

The boys from the Dwarf stumble upon the near derelict base made out of the escape pods, shuttles and salvaged vessels that the regenerated crew and prisoners were forced to flee in for their lives and make their home for eternity.

Mutiny, starvation, catastrophic engineering failures and sheer corruption have dwindled the population of tens of thousands down to only one man, Kill Crazy, who is seen chomping on Captain Hollister’s left buttock in a psychotic frenzy for survival.

Rimmer promptly kicks him in the bollocks, eliciting pained laughter from Lister and they all go on their merry way again with nary a thought to the thousands they left to die in deep space while their city-sized mining vessel could comfortably hold numbers many times that.

In the distance, an ice-cold, humanoid figure hurtles towards the surface. It’s Irene Edgington. The frozen, dead projectile smashes through the last of the frail shuttles and whacks Kill Crazy once more in the bollocks before his life is slowly taken away in the vacuum of space, all while having bruised and very tender testicles.

Lister and Rimmer share a chuckle about how they could’ve easily saved Irene’s life as humans can easily survive for a few minutes in space without any major effects to their health.

The theme tune plays, but there is a strange, almost unnoticed change to the words…

Let me die, far away from here…

Fun, fun, fun…

Pete Part Three

Ainsley Harriott arrives and the crew have a cooking competition. Because that’s what this series needs. You twat.

Pete Part Three

Lister gets his cock out and we all have a look.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

Doug Naylor receives a new leg which is hilariously racist.

Brayds2006

The Dwarfers meet the Go Compare guy. He sings for 19 minutes straight. At the end of the episode he trips over a box filled with forms and is flushed into space. Ironically, he wasn’t insured.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

Taiwan Tony and Kryten do a mind swap.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

Ruby Wax and Ed Bye guest star as two rutting Pleasure GELFs in their natural form to a nauseous but curious audience.

The audience wants to look away, but they can’t.

By Jove its holmes

Clayton Marks comes back as Elvis and sings “In the Ghetto” to a sobbing Lister.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

In a sequel to Lemons, the crew meet God, but it turns out to just be another bloke who happens to be called “God”.

si

In a sequel to both Lemons and Backwards, the crew meet a dog.

si

Who, in a bizarre twist, just happens to have created the world.

Ridley

Limes: a sequel to Lemons where the crew is sent back in time to a 19th century ship – the Scarlet Lilliputian – in a flat pack bookcase.

By Jove its holmes

The Low Rimmer from Demons and Angela comes back and everyone admits he’s just a rip off of Tim Curry’s character from The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

Alexei Sayle makes a guest appearance as the creator of Better Than Life.

Phil

ALF dreams he is a famous stand-up comic. David Spade guests stars in this episode.

Ridley

Richard Armitage guest stars as The Great Red Dwarf.

SoundableObject

Lister falls in love with Spare Hand 1.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

In a sequel to Entangled, nobody knows what the fuck’s going on.

Phil

Is anyone else worried the Doug isn’t reading these?

Jonsmad

An episode called “that fan that won a part on twitter” where the bloke who blacked up as Dwayne Dibbley at Dimension jump gets beamed aboard the ship via a UKTV competition. And hilarity ensues. With the catchphrase. What a dodgy dibbley!

By Jove its holmes

some fan actually did <i>blackface</i>?! What’s next, a racist “Herrow Mistah!” vending machi – oh, wait…

Brayds2006

Rimmer believes he has rediscovered the Luck virus, but it turns out to just be dishwashing liquid. He makes a face.

Bowen

The blacked up Dwayne Dibbley. I remember him. What a …..

Bowen

The blacked up Dwayne Dibbley. I remember him. What a ….. We could have nicked his camera Jon on the Sunday and probably should have.

Bowen

There’s always a big cliffhanger when they film two shows or films back to back together. Think Back to the Future II and the like.

Jonsmad

I wasn’t at Dimension Jump that year Mark. I only saw the online reports mate.

By Jove its holmes

I think there’s a cafe in Dili, East Timor, poking fun at racist Westerners, that’s actually called the Herrow Mistah. This was reported a few years ago when Dili was teeming with fast talkers from the United Nations.

Pete Part Three

Lister and Kochanski go to a wedding but forget to bring a present. Rimmer eats some shit. And then something about bone marrow, I suppose.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

The Dwarfers all go to an art gallery and play ‘Smeg’ (very similar rules to ‘Bogies’).

Ridley

Fuzzy-felt episode.

pouncingmonkey

How about a ‘Predators’ style episode. The crew are kidnapped while sleeping and wake up on a planet/moon controlled by stimulants to use as a luxury hunting reserve, and obviously they must find a way to escape back to the dwarf before being killed. The best part is how the story can be adapted to include almost any past monsters of the show, whether it be gelfs/beggs in league with the stimulants, or polymorphs, wax droids and psirens could be their as fellow prey ( cant think how the curry monster could be realistically recreated here). It would work well as an anniversary episode. I thought itd be so cool if xenomorphs were in ‘Predators’, I think it was hinted, but would have detracted from the main focus, it could have been lightly modified to be AVP3, it could even have been that before 2 flopped.

KyoSo

The Dwarfers time travel to the Titanic, have a lovely meal in the dining hall, and leave. Meanwhile, Taiwan Tony puts on a one-man show for the skutters.

Magic Me

Lister takes that library book back and receives his fine.

Phil

They objectify then kill a woman.

Brayds2006

Krytie TV is revived, now hosted by Dara O’Briain

Ben Paddon

How about a ‘Predators’ style episode. The crew are kidnapped while sleeping and wake up on a planet/moon controlled by stimulants to use as a luxury hunting reserve

Didn’t this basically happen in “Backwards”? (The novel, not the episode.)

Taiwan Tony

Phil have you been reading my comments on the latest set report?

http://www.ganymede.tv/2016/02/red-dwarf-xii-episode-3-set-report/#comment-82156

I hate to say it but I was only speculating about it being about murdering women.

Magic Me

Lister shouts “SMEG!” after stepping in some discarded chewing gum.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

Twenty’s Plenty – The crew travel to an alternate dimension where all technology is gay and Kryten and Rimmer have to act camp in an overtly ’70s BBC sitcom-esque manner.

cwickham

Astonishingly, I believe there are three posts in this thread that genuinely predict real plots from XI and XII.

Also:

Cat appears on Rolf Harris’ Animal Hospital TV show

There’s a whole new angle they could go with this now. Doug is missing a trick if it doesn’t appear somewhere.

SoundableObject

What are the three posts?

Pete Tranter’s Sister

They are…

– Doug Naylor receives a new leg which is hilariously racist

– Rimmer goes mad and starts hitting Starbug with a branch

– They all become Celebrities Disfigured

cwickham

I’m not saying which, as some of them are in XII.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 320 posts - 1 through 320 (of 320 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.