Pointless Hollies

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Pointless Hollies

This topic contains 22 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  cwickham 8 hours, 5 minutes ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

cwickham

Sci-fi and fantasy special of Pointless Celebrities airs on BBC One next Saturday (the 18th) at 6pm. Rather good line-up: Hannah Waddingham and Gemma Whelan off of Game of Thrones, Jeff Rawle and Chris Rankin off of Harry Potter, David Dixon and Sandra Dickinson off of Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and Norman Lovett and Hattie Hayridge off of Red Dwarf.

Jawscvmcdia

Hopefully it’ll be better than the ‘Goitless’ that was done at the 2013 Dimension Jump.

cwickham

First post should of course read ***m** ****t*. Apologies.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Hopefully it’ll be better than the ‘Goitless’ that was done at the 2013 Dimension Jump.

Fuck you.

Jawscvmcdia

Ian, that was a compliment. Seriously, I thought the Goitless was great but if Pointless can top that then that would be amazing to see. Sorry, didn’t mean to cause any offence.

pi r squared

I always start my compliments with “hopefully it will be better than…”.

All those people that said “hopefully Mechocracy/M-Corp/Skipper is better than Timewave” were really just giving Timewave the highest possible praise.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

Unfuck you.

si

If a combined IQ of 12,000 can’t win, nobody can.

flanl3

Hopefully Skipper will be better than M-Corp.

That would be fantastic.

Ben Saunders

So the BBC hate sci-fi and don’t want the kind of audience Red Dwarf attracts, but they’re happy to constantly feature them on various programs all of the time

SoundableObject

The BBC is one person.

International Debris

It’s very important to equate BBC commissioning policy of the early 2000s with choice of quiz show guest stars in 2017.

Ben Saunders

I may or may not be doing both of those things. I thought every single decision made by the BBC was signed off on by Micheal Grade, like how The Queen signs all the laws.

cwickham

What chance a G&T banner with this image?

Dave

It’s slightly chilling the way the eyes follow you around the room.

International Debris

You see a picture like that, and then wonder why Norm looked about 108 in Skipper.

Ben Saunders

It’s like they tried really hard to make him look 40 again, which is an impossibility, so they just ended up with some monstrosity of makeup thicker than a ticket tour’s wad. I hope there are several minutes devoted to explaining it on the dvd.

Also, what a nice picture. I forgot this was happening.

Lily

Well it was certainly senile Holly on Pointless tonight …

GlenTokyo

They would have been well within their rights to stick a pixel filter over Norm, accurate for the universe. Pre accident.

bloodteller

they could’ve gone the Remastered route of just giving him a brown wig and i would’ve been convinced it was holly, rather than going to all the trouble of applying so much makeup that he looks like some strange new form of zombie

International Debris

I was staggered how long ago this was filmed. From what Norm was saying, XI hadn’t even been broadcast by that point.

Darrell

It’s the grading rather than the makeup that makes him look so weird in Skipper I worked out. There are contouring illusions on his face which would have looked fine in more natural lighting and post-production, but it’s the high contrast and the stripping out of the red tones that leave him looking like a scrotum sat on a flatbed scanner.

cwickham

I saw Miles Jupp at a gig over a year ago and he was talking about an episode of Pointless Celebrities he’d done a few months previously that was yet to air, so they’re definitely sitting on a lot of these. I suppose it’s because they’re done as part of the regular series and not as a separate unit.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.