Red Dwarf XI Blu Ray/DVD

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Red Dwarf XI Blu Ray/DVD

This topic contains 50 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  si 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 51 posts - 1 through 51 (of 51 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

NoFro

Bezzy

That would be about right as the Dave shows end at the end of October then time to add all the goodies on the disc.

I hope there will be interactive menus, a swappable cover to match the others and possibly commentaries. As well as Making Ofs and Smeg ups etc. We’ve been so spoilt before

Jimboid

35 quid for the steelbook?

Jozxyqk!!!

SoundableObject

That’ll be the RRP. It’ll go down in price closer to release.

pendo86

The DVD also shows temporary artwork which is just basically the promo shot with “The Entire Eleventh Series” added at the bottom. I know it is likely to change but might give us an idea of what it’ll look like.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Dwarf-Series-XI-DVD/dp/B01LTHMS70/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1474726740&sr=8-8&keywords=red+dwarf

International Debris

If there’s no Doug commentary I’m not buying it*.

*I am still buying it.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

If we get documentaries anything near the level of ‘We’re Smegged’, it’s gonna be a fucking winner.

Darrell

Really weird to see that logo on a DVD. The last time a sans-serif Dwarf logo appeared on a home video release was Smeg Outs…

International Debris

If it has a reversible sleeve, I will forever be uncomfortable having to choose between one that lines up with 1-8/10, and one with a good font on the cover.

pad_ehh

I hope the cover is reversible and it matches the others, the spine logo is finished so the IX, X and XI (and presumably XII) covers will just be different colour continuations of what’s on the VIII/X spines with no extra logo to fit on, unless a small one is panned of RD itself or Starbug but I doubt it. I even hope the logo is the new/old version if it does appear on any reversible cover.

thomasaevans

The Model Unit confirmed tonight they have been interviewed for the DVD.

KyoSo

That temp DVD artwork still looks way better than the real one for Series X.

KyoSo

Sorry for the double post, but the edit button doesn’t fucking do anything.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Dwarf-XI-Craig-Charles/dp/B01EKMKEW2/

Interesting, the American DVD is listed as being released November 8th. That’d be awesome, but there’s no way in hell.

thomasaevans

pad_ehh

Something tells me that may not be the final design…

Darrell

All these steelbooks will look horrible in ten years’ time. I only have about three or four and that’s probably three or four too many.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

My unofficial blu-ray cover.

Full-sized link

thomasaevans

Well I hope it is because that’s spot on. Just the logo. Job done.

Pete Tranter’s Sister

It works!

The BBC era DVD covers are too cluttered. Not that I’m bashing them, I love them but they need simplified.

thomasaevans

Jimboid

Did the X Blu have a reversible cover like the DVD?

Pete Tranter’s Sister

No.

Ben Paddon

Doesn’t make sense to have put the reversible cover on the BD release, considering they wouldn’t line up with the classic DVDs anyway.

cwickham

We have actual cover plus list of special features: https://twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/status/781218529269936128

GlenTokyo

Distinct lack of “Cast and Director Commentaries” on that list of special features.

GlenTokyo

Unless they’re hidden outside the picture, but they’d have to fit in to a similar amount of space as ‘Chris Bar’ which is a bit of a stretch.

si

Noticed that although there’s a ‘Behind The Scenes’ feature, there’s no full documentary listed. Though I see that this is the R1 cover, so we might get a bit more on R2 release?

Jimboid

Why is Danny redacted?

SoundableObject

Part of a joke about Danny not being on the fan made cover.

cwickham

Noticed that although there’s a ‘Behind The Scenes’ feature, there’s no full documentary listed.

Well, ‘behind the scenes’ could just be a way of aiming the documentary at the casual viewer.

Also, I’ve just noticed that the back cover has a previously unseen spoiler about Krysis…

Bezzy

That’s a region 1 cover from what I see at the bottom.

pad_ehh

What’s the unknown spoiler for Krysis? I can’t see anything there that wasn’t already officially released by UKTV…

si

Reversible cover. No commentary. Solution.
    https://twitter.com/DougRDNaylor/status/781251444120887296

cwickham

<replyquote>What’s the unknown spoiler for Krysis? I can’t see anything there that wasn’t already officially released by UKTV…</replyquote>

I’m pretty sure we hadn’t seen “leaving the Dwarfers for a younger crew” before.

Chris Stokes

The commentary solution may well be podcasts, right?

Pemberton and Shearsmith did the same thing for Inside No 9.

pad_ehh

“I’m pretty sure we hadn’t seen “leaving the Dwarfers for a younger crew” before.”

I’ve certainly read that description before. The version from the Dave website reads –

“Kryten has a mid-life crisis and changes his body cover from Mech grey to Ferrari red. The posse try and show him how much he’s achieved in life by taking him to visit a mechanoid from his old fleet.”

But I have definitely read the “Kryten has a mid-life crisis and considers leaving Red Dwarf for a younger crew” synopsis before.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

It was in the overall series synopsis, as opposed to the individual episode synopses.

International Debris

Commentary podcasts would be good, as long as they include Doug commentaries. The cast ones are entertaining enough for a single listen, but Doug’s director’s commentary was my favourite thing about the whole of BTE.

pad_ehh

Aha, and also it was Samsara that wasn’t included in the overall series synopsis. Wonder why they left it out?

cwickham

It’s quite a difficult story to summarise without spoiling the entire plot, I suppose.

Darrell

New cover mockup, with a very odd spine different to the Region 1 dummy Doug tweeted.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61wBiNPapPL._SL1054_.jpg

si

Very busy, that spine, isn’t it?

Darrell

The GNP logo (and like the XI endcaps, now the *wrong* GNP logo!) is almost the same size as the the RD logo. That can’t be right. It’s not particularly clear what it’s a release of!

Quite like the big fat “XI” though.

locusceruleus

Rated 15? Probably to change I would think. Or it’ll be the first 15 certificated RD release since the Series 3 Byte something or other VHS.

Darrell

Series 3 Byte 1, Smeg Ups, Smeg Outs, and Just The Smegs were all 15.

International Debris

The placing of the logo matches the X spine, obviously, which makes sense to me.

locusceruleus

Not counting Smeg Ups/Outs you pedant! ;)

Bezzy

Can’t wait to see the reversible cover! I wonder if it will be blue like the science room?

International Debris

It’s got to be blue. The whole series is blue so far.

GlenTokyo

I reckon it’ll be a shot of the science room from up in the corner, looking towards the bed. Basically the shot from Samsara when Kryten says he’ll remote the pod into the landing bay.

Would make sense to have an animated menu there too, plenty of stuff to click on and screens and shiz.

si

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 51 posts - 1 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.