Set photos

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Set photos

This topic contains 34 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Plastic Percy 3 months ago.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Stephen Abootman

Hamish

“I saw the final episode of the final series being filmed live – how amazing is that?!”

She know something we don’t?

International Debris

Silly speculation, no doubt.

Amazing photos, though. It’s been said a thousand times before, but the amount of detail that goes into the sets is just phenomenal. I wish we were able to see it all in more detail. That’d be great DVD extra, a photo gallery of absolutely everything on set. All the JMC stuff is brilliant.

MANI506

Enough of this titter tatter – let the XII hype begin!

Dave Wallace

Those corridors look very grey, don’t they. Very reminiscent of the first series.

And the Level/Nivelo sign is a nice throwback. Very reminiscent of the first series.

Hmmmmmm.

Stephen Abootman

If there’s a JMC Officer’s guide to lint brushes, could there be one for cloches too?

Dave Wallace

I suspect the final episode of XII takes place inside a giant cloche.

Adam Bailey

I know we saw Starbug in XI, but is this the first time it’s actually been confirmed that the Cockpit isn’t connected to a midsection set?

KyoSo

The fact that not only did they never show the midsection, but that every time the door opened they’d cut to an angle to hide what was behind it was confirmation enough for me.

pad_ehh

Well, they did show the midsection in at least one episode, but never showed the cockpit at the same time or the door left open, so they don’t appear to have the sets for them both joined, but have a midsection set in some form.

KyoSo

That set said “Upper Deck” on the wall, or was that just the set in the deleted scenes version?

flanl

No, Upper Deck was the deleted scene, Starbug 19 was the one in the episode.

KyoSo

Red Zeppelin.

KyoSo

Oh shit, that was supposed to go in another topic but my browser fucked up and I went back to the wrong tab.

Presumably though, since that midsection was seen in a reshoot, XII might have it connected to the cockpit. Maybe because of the budget allocation they couldn’t afford the set as part of XI, but they could build it for XII. It’s not like any XI episodes needed the midsection except for Can of Worms, and they just built an upper deck for that. I can’t imagine they’d build the nicer set if they were only going to use it to reshoot that one scene from Can of Worms.

But that’s wild speculation trying to compensate for a massive fuckup on my part.

Paul Muller

I definitely saw a photo (think it was one of the leaked ones on Twitter) where the back door of the cockpit was open, leading to a small airlock-esque area with a door to one side. It didn’t appear to go back any further than that.

I’ve done a Google, but can’t find the pic anywhere, but pretty sure it was around the time of XII shooting.

Now then, never mind this tot, when are GNP going to update the Blue Midget page on TOS?

International Debris

Given that this lot of set photos was taken on the day of a XII shoot, I doubt it’s the case that it was added for that series.

International Debris

Bloody hell four months still, hurry up world.

Slainmonkey

I have a theory about why the sets are repainted grey. I think they did that because they course use changes in lighting to more successfully make the same corridors look like different parts of the ship. That’s something that the red sets couldn’t always create the illusion of…..though series XI did do a better job of it then X did.

International Debris

Yes, X did give the impression the entire series was set within 100 feet of the bunk room.

flanl

Yes, X did give the impression the entire series was set within 100 feet of the bunk room.

Wasn’t it?

pendo86

Whoa I would consider those pictures to be spoilers. Isn’t White Corridor 159 where Lister collapsed in Confidence and Paranoia? I’m guessing the crew venture back up there in the last episode of Series XII?

Oh well – beautiful sets pictures and excellent attention to detail by the set designers.

Ian Symes

G&T Admin

We were all thinking it.

Darrell

There’s quite a few spoilers there but they’re all so niche that to get them you’re probably already savvy enough to know/have guessed the thing that they’re spoiling. Nevertheless I wish I hadn’t seen what they’re showing.

Also: 15 months ago.

GlenTokyo

The leaked picture with Starbug’s cockpit and a midsection was from Naomi Sheldon – there’s an post about it and on here.

http://www.ganymede.tv/2016/01/not-alert/

flanl

Those corridors look very grey, don’t they. Very reminiscent of the first series.
    And the Level/Nivelo sign is a nice throwback. Very reminiscent of the first series.

And Norman Lovett is still a twat. Very reminiscent of the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth, and presumably eleventh series as well as the mini-series special, Red Dwarf Night, and literally every single other Dwarfy piece of material.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ben Paddon

Speaking of twats…

performingmonkey

Interesting that she says it’s ‘based’ on the original set… quite possibly spoilery that, unless it’s simply a case of them being influenced by series 1? Still, this is a nice article! Presumably, Holly was required to wait till now before sharing the pics and info.

pad_ehh

For a second I was thinking that the picture of her with the case was taken also around the time of recording and thought we were gonna get new Hattie / Mac scenes as well, then I woke up… *sigh*

pad_ehh

*cast

For some reason you can’t edit a post when you click on edit. I know it has worked for me before but I started the thread and was editing the OP. Is this a bug or what is happening?

Dave Wallace

Whoa I would consider those pictures to be spoilers. Isn’t White Corridor 159 where Lister collapsed in Confidence and Paranoia? I’m guessing the crew venture back up there in the last episode of Series XII?

More significantly, it’s where the very first scene of the entire series takes place.

KyoSo

If there was a time where some fan-wanky ties to past episodes would be OK, it would be the potential final episode ever.

Slainmonkey

I suspect it’s more a homage done by the set designers to see if people notice!

Ben Paddon

Yeah, there’s all kinds of little references throughout the set. That’s… y’know, it’s not anything particularly special or clever, probably.

Dave Wallace

We’ll see.

Plastic Percy

Probably just a nice background detail, like the Canary uniform and backpack in the airlock in Fathers & Suns.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.