Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum USA fans Crap Treatmant

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Pecospete666
    Participant

To: Vogon Fleet Command:
    Subject: Shit treatment of American Fans!

Please install a Intergalactic Exit and Restroom at these coordinates
    Latitude 51.412527 Longitude -0.476551

I expect to see many drunken Intergalactic travelers pissing on DN Sr & Jr cars

Grant Naylor Productions Ltd
    Address:
    Suite 950, Shepperton Studios, Studios Road
    Postcode:
    TW17 0QD
    City/Town:
    Shepperton (Surrey)
    As per story below

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Red-Dwarf-Series-10/17622

I have to drink light beer now!
    Not Happy

Pecospete666
    Participant

Found some Jamesons to ease that Michelobe Amber Ultra light beer. Luck of the Irish
    Still What the Fuck the Aussies get it before Americans?
    I hope theres no World War Three because we are not going to save your ass a third time!
    I!m realy pissed about this.:)
    e

John Hoare
    Participant

YOU ARE A TIT LYNDSAY

Pecospete666
    Participant

What the frack!
    Why are you up at this hour?

Pecospete666
    Participant

Man what kind of beating did you take wi th that name?

Slainmonkey
    Participant

You moan about us Australian’s getting it before the US as if we should get everything last. There could be a great number of issues as to why the US is getting it late, it could even be down do issues with distribution. If that is the case emailing Grant Naylor Productions won’t do any good because there is little that they could do about it.

Pecospete666
    Participant

You should get it along with ever body else! It ‘s just it was the US PBS are the ones that saved it back in 1979 you probley not even born then!

Slainmonkey
    Participant

You are correct, I wasn’t born yet

Pecospete666
    Participant

I have no problem with the Aussie getting it! but give me a brake who’s audience is larger?

Slainmonkey
    Participant

Well as I said, it’s most likely less to do with any decisions made on behalf of Grant Naylor Productions and more issues with distribution or licensing. Red Dwarf was pretty popular here….though I would imagine that the US might have a bigger audience due to population reasons. I guess it’s more how it reads more then what you actually said….disregard what I said.

Chris Stokes
    Participant

The US PBS stations saved Red Dwarf in 1979? Am I reading that right?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I’ve a feeling that trying to reason with Pecospete is a waste of time, but why on Earth would GNP deliberately deny Americans the chance to give them money? For every reason under the sun, I’m sure they’d want it to be broadcast and released in the US as soon as possible, and any delay is clearly not the fault of anyone connected to the show.

A Bailey
    Participant

Australia is the same dvd region as the UK, so if they don’t release something here around the same time as the UK they will get tons of imports.

edit:
    Reading up it seems that Australia is technically a different reason, which is bizarre since I’ve never encountered a British dvd that wouldn’t work here.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Australia and Europe are different regions, but most UK DVDs tend to be encoded in both Region 2 and 4. I don’t know why.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Yeah, the RDX DVD is encoded (as I think all the previous ones were – not sure about BTE, mind) in Regions 2 and 4, but there will also then be a separate dedicated R4 release for Australia down the line.

The US release, meanwhile, is being withheld specifically to annoy fans. Every time someone like pecospete complains here or on TOS, we add another week on.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Should I go stand in the corner?
    So who makes this decision?
    If it was mine I would want to strike while the iron is hot!
    2013 for release,new people will forget about it! You know our attention span is about 7 days!
    My beef is the over the air broadcasts, and maybe it will never be aired in the US.BTE didn’t
    Now I will go back into my corner!
    Serb were you kindergarten teacher?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I estimate we’re now looking at December 2016 for a US broadcast. Keep on truckin’!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>Should I go stand in the corner?

Only if it stops you typing drivel.

Phil
    Participant

>Serb

Racist.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Maybe I should go into stasis and you can send me a JMC mail pod with the Dvd in it!

Or maybe WE could go into stasis for three million years. Knowing our luck, you’ll probably be brought back as a hologram…

I JEST.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Finally a answer!

Doug Naylor (@DougRDNaylor)
    10/18/12 9:01 AM
    @pecospete_666 I don’t sell Red Dwarf X to the U.S.- BBCWW do. They’re in talks with various networks. Get tweeting, prove there’s interest

I call off his intergalatic exit and putting it at the BBCWW

Slainmonkey
    Participant

See it’s BBCWW’s fault……told you that it was out of GNP’s hands

Why not the various networks that have to buy it? Surely you need to prove the interest to them, and not the people who are already trying to sell it?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Finally a answer!

You mean apart from all the times the same answer was given before that?

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m still hoping BBC America pick it up and market the shit out of it.

Pecospete666
    Participant

>You mean apart from all the times the same answer was given before that?

Where? I have never seen this answer before!

The last I saw was PBS release about the same time as UK!

I have already contacted BBCWW they have a enquire on DVD releases,

Now I will have to apologise to GNP for my rude posts.

SORRY GNP

mick
    Participant

> Maybe I should go into stasis

Try a fucking airlock you gibbering hat-wearing spastic.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Bastard!

Karnie
    Participant

DISCLAIMER: The ravings of Pecospete666 does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the average American Red Dwarf fan.

Pecospete666, you do know that this site isn’t run by GNP, right? So apologising on here is pretty futile. You’ll want to tweet whoever you’ve been rude to and say sorry there.

Alex
    Participant

He already tweeted Doug directly and had a go at him…

Exactly, he should apologise to Doug, not just leave it at SORRY GNP on G&T.

Alex
    Participant

I wasn’t disagreeing, I was pointing out how far this ridiculousness had gone.

Jo
    Participant

>Try a fucking airlock you gibbering hat-wearing spastic.

Oh, Mick. I love you!

>I wasn’t disagreeing, I was pointing out how far this ridiculousness had gone.

Sorry, I was in mid-argument on facebook when I posted, didn’t mean to let the surliness seep into this. Apologies.

Pecospete666
    Participant

Hang Him, Hang Him High!

This post is getting to sound like a Clint Eastwood movie
    I did send DGN a tweet! If you want answers go to the top!
    Now all the Americans know who has control of the show and who to ask when they going to see it,BBCWW. They have contacted me and said I would get an answer in 3 days!
    Some Vogon Poetry for Mick

Mick Mick you think your such big Prick

But really your just a little Dick, Mick

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

You really ARE a Cliff.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

I nominate this thread for hall of fame status.

Surely the BBCWW aren’t the ones you want to contact? It’s the American buyers who have the option of buying the show, right?

Pecospete666
    Participant

This is what they sent

Your e-mail has been received by 2 Entertain and we are now investigating your enquiry.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.

Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.

This e-mail has been sent by one of the following wholly-owned subsidiaries of the BBC:

BBC Worldwide Limited, Registration Number: 1420028 England, Registered Address: BBC Media Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London, W12 7TQ
    2 entertain Limited, Registration Number: 5120809 England, Registered Address: 33 Foley Street, London, W1W 7TL
    2 entertain Video Limited, Registration Number: 1924997 England, Registered Address: 33 Foley Street, London, W1W 7TL
    Demon Music Group Limited Registration Number: 1622224 England, Registered Address: 33 Foley Street, London, W1W 7TL

Ridley
    Participant

And what did you send to them?

Pecospete666
    Participant

When was RDX going to be shown in the US

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Why are you asking a DVD distribution company about television broadcasts?

Pecospete666
    Participant

That was the only acess that came up for BBCWW
    Let see what they say.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I imagine they’ll tell you to sod off.

But, y’know. Politely.

Dave
    Participant

You are right to be upset, PecosPete. It’s appalling. Those of us who live in the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand have never had to wait ages to see episodes of Star Trek, Futurama, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse, The West Wing, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, ER, etc., or taken a ridiculous extreme Farscape (which ironically Australia waited over a year to see a show that they themselves had made). No, we had American imports transmitted directly into our frontal lobes the instant they left the edit suite.

Get a grip.

I’m not suggesting that you should be made to wait just because we have. On the contrary, I genuinely believe these sorts of delays lead to an increase in piracy, but have a bit of humility about it. “Still What the Fuck the Aussies get it before Americans?” Yeah, why not? Because you somehow feel you deserve it more? “I have no problem with the Aussie (sic) getting it! but give me a brake (sic) who’s (sic) audience is larger?” I have absolutely no idea, but I think the Australia and New Zealand both broadcast BBC imports on their main channels therefore giving them a far bigger potential percentage of the audience and maybe even a bigger audience overall than a curio hidden away on a PBS station.

You should apologise to Doug and Australia if you haven’t already and bring a little silence to this discussion. You have done a very good job of souring the experience of having our favourite TV show back on the air. I look forward to you being a dim and distant memory.

You should probably worry more about Mitt Romney being elected and dismantling PBS before they have a chance to show Series X at all…

Pecospete666
    Participant

J.C. famous words

FUCK OFF

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

J.C. famous words
    FUCK OFF

What?

What a well-rounded rebuttal. (IN CASE PECOSPETE CAN’T TELL, I’M BEING VERY SARCASTIC.)

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.