Went to see Norman Lovett last night…

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Went to see Norman Lovett last night…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

will_burns

Very funny – recommend it. He mentioned Red Dwarf once. He said that David Ross asked him if he was “legit” (“I’ll always remember that…well of course if I bring it up here”). I vaguely remember him mentioning this on the commentaries – but I thought it was in connection with the man who played the cat priest in Waiting for God.

AnnabelS

He’s mentioned it so many times in the commentaries, that I’ve screamed at the television.

I’d still go see him though.

will_burns

Hadn’t noticed that – obviously it’s something which obsesses him. I get the impression that he’s not very popular on this site, perhaps because of what he’s said about the movie. He’s a grumpy sod but (I hate to say it) I think he has a point when he says the time has passed.

performingmonkey

The ‘legit’ thing’s funny but not when he tries to go on about it AGAIN on the VIII commentary.

Jason aka Smeg4Brains

> The ?legit? thing?s funny but not when he tries to go on about it AGAIN on the VIII commentary.

And every other time he talks about Red Dwarf………or talks to a Dwarf……or sees the colour red!

Anonymous

In fairness to Norman though, about 3 years went by between recording those commentaries so it’s understandable that he would forget which anecdotes he had already trotted out.

Anonymous

Yeah what’s kind of weird is the way the rest of the cast go “No… no Norman I don’t think you’ve told us that story” and behave like it’s the first time when he tells them. I can’t remember which series is it *between* 2 and 8 where Craig Charles tells the same story, as well. In his fucking annoying version of Paul Whitehouse’s “I was very, very drunk” character voice. I think recording commentaries must have something of a Groundhog Day feel about it.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.