What is it with Kryten's 'hands on chest' pose?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum What is it with Kryten's 'hands on chest' pose?

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  flanl3 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

Slightly odd question, but I have noticed Kryten (played by Robert Llewellyn) has frequently had this ‘hands on chest’ pose in recent episodes (including in the newly released Series 12 episode earlier today).

Not sure why this is, but perhaps it could be the fact that the Kryten costume looks slightly… larger, these days. Wonder if Robert is perhaps slightly paranoid about his extra girth?

Ridley

Why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

Taiwan Tony

Your slightly odd question is barely even a question.
    Is Robert paranoid about his weight gain?
    Possibly. Or perhaps he’s found a character trait/tick that doesn’t involve attaching things to his knob.
    Other than Red Dwarf, what do you like, Jawscvmcdia?
    Are you okay?

Jawscvmcdia

Hey, no offense intended, and I know almost everyone gains weight as they get older (and Robert’s done remarkably well in that regard to keep it off) but I just keep noticing it every time he does the same pose.

si

Kryten’s always got his hands on his chest ‘cus them’s some mighty fine nipple nuts demandin’ attention.

Ben Saunders

(played by Robert Llewellyn)

International Debris

What’s particularly striking is that, in recent episodes, Kryten (played by David Ross) doesn’t do that.

performingmonkey

It’s probably to get the crazy large hands into shot at any given moment. They are pretty funny. :D

Plastic Percy

I always took it to be an anxious/nervous tic Kryten had.

Lily

It’s just a convenient place to rest your hands. The suit itself looks like it’s got bulkier more recently and considering he can’t stick his hands in his pockets, and the bulk of the arms/chest means it’s awkward to hold your hands together at waist level, resting them on top of the chest is the next most comfortable position.

Dave Wallace

Incidentally, does anyone know who Kryten is played by? It’s been bugging me for years.

Darrell

Kryten was played by third choice John Sparkes after original actor David Ross was unavailable and top auditionee, satirical mime artist Robert Llewellyn was not free for the Manchester filming.

Brayds2006

Incedentally, David Ross went on to play Kryten’s parallel universe counterpart Crouton in Series IV’s “Cloche: Parallel Universe II”

Dave Wallace

“Cloche: Parallel Universe II”

Why did you combine three episodes into one though?

bloodteller

>Why did you combine three episodes into one though?

you’re getting mixed up, it was Back In The Red Xtended that combined three episodes into one

Dave Wallace

And the Back To Earth Director’s Cut.

Warbodog

And ‘Cured.’

International Debris

And Pete Parts I, II + III on the DVD.

flanl3

And Can of Worms.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.