Would Rob Grant ever attend Dimension Jump?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Would Rob Grant ever attend Dimension Jump?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Dax101 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Jawscvmcdia

I know that Doug is a regular attendee, but would Rob Grant ever attend? I believe he had attended a convention of sorts pre-1993, but not sure if he had done recently.

flanl3

I do sometimes wonder if Jawscvmcdia is actually Rob Grant who is here to gauge what the fandom thinks of him at this point and also posts some extraneous articles so as not to make everything he posts about himself.

Ben Saunders

He attended at least one in the mid 2000s, I’m sure. ‘Round about the time of The Bodysnatcher Collection, I think.

Dax101

I imagine Rob would go if he had something worth talking about since Rob hasn’t been properly onboard with this series (sadly) since series 6 and so he is fairly a stranger now to the new material.

Maybe if Rob writes another Red Dwarf Novel one day he would have something to attend one for.

I assume Rob is allowed to write another Red Dwarf novel right? and if he did i wonder how that would work since would it be the only time Doug wouldn’t have any say on red dwarf material?

Jonsmad

He has. He could, in that people involved in the shows past are asked sometimes and say yes.

No idea whether either of those things will happen, only that he willingly signed stuff for the last dimension jump’s auction.

Ben Saunders

Grant writing another Red Dwarf novel is something I feel could happen (legally) purely from things I’ve heard online, for example somebody online once said he might just do so. It would be very interesting to read, at the least.

si

He was supposed to attend in 2002, but never arrived.

Ben Saunders

I think I’ve said this before, but part of me wants Grant to return to Red Dwarf, and for it to be utter tosh, just to see the cognitive dissonance amongst people who think he was “the funny one”

But that’s less likely than a Red Dwarf movie. And of course if he really did come back, I’d want it to be brilliant

Ridley

Why did you combine three separate people’s opinions into one though?

International Debris

I imagine Rob would go if he had something worth talking about since Rob hasn’t been properly onboard with this series (sadly) since series 6 and so he is fairly a stranger now to the new material.

That hasn’t stopped Hattie turning up.

Dax101

Well Rob Grant is attending London Comic Con but its for Hitchhiker’s so i would be shocked if Red Dwarf gets a mention.

Jawscvmcdia

Just looked at the guest list for the London Comic Con and Robert Llewellyn, Danny-John-Jules, Chris Barrie and Hattie Hayridge are all down to attend. This should be interesting…

Jonsmad

I agree Ben, but can’t we just point them to “the strangerers,” the opening few episodes of which I like, and that millenium dark ages thing that I’ve barely rewatched, and then in the last 17 years a few novels. And conclude that had Rob written some solo dwarf since 96 some of it would have been interesting or funny, some of it patchy and crap, and there would still have been long periods of nothing happening with the show on hiatus cus he didnt write anything for a while.

Dax101

I think in the long run you can look at their solo novels and make your mind up which one IS better but overall id say most people would say the best novel is one that they co-wrote together.

Id never say Rob was the funny one and Doug wasn’t because they wrote the show together so take one away and the writing was always gonna miss something.

And Going by what was said in the series 8 script book you get the impression Doug only continued the show because someone told him if they got to a certain amount of episodes they could raise the funds to make a movie.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.