The following thoughts occur, roughly in chronological order:
- The cover does not exactly betray the care and attention so obviously festooned on the Beat The Geek cover.
- But that is a very Dwarfian ellipse around the logo.
- What the fuck is Tom Baker wearing, anyway?
- The trailer on the Play entry includes a clip from Red Dwarf!
- “over 500 questions”? Beat The Geek promises “more than 1,300”. So the release has less than half the lifespan of BTG.
- It’s actually the same price as Beat The Geek on Play – £14.99. Hmmm.
- Excellently though, it is Region 0.
- So, Tom Baker will do shit like this, but won’t do anything for Big Finish?
It’s released on the 6th November 2006 – a couple of weeks after Beat the Geek. In all fairness, it actually looks quite good, with some excellent choices in the clips especially – but I hope that it doesn’t take sales away from BTG, as I think it’s obvious which product has had more attention lavished onto it…