Because turning Bobby Llew’s Tweets into hastily written news items is *so* 2009.
So, this is Doug Naylor and he has something to say. This afternoon Doug heroically battled through the war zone that was Twitter’s website, expertly dodging porn pop-ups and giant text, before, breathless and bloodied, finally reaching the ‘Tweet’ button. As chaos rained down around him, the following was delivered:
Now, before we work ourselves into a moist frenzy, let’s look at what this could mean.
- Doug will receive the news, and he will tell no one.
- Same as above, but Doug will instead tear the news into four parts, sealing them in concrete and scattering them across the globe, sparking the fan base into a globe trotting, treasure hunting adventure.
- Doug will announce he is leaving Red Dwarf behind and moving on to other things, such as gardening or restoring classic cars.
- Something to do with Iain Lee.
- OMG NEW SERIES ANNOUNCED IN TWO WEEKS
As far as I can see, we can expect at least one if not all of these things to happen. So, exciting times ahead!