It’s been a little while since GameDigits treated us to the last content update for the Red Dwarf XI mobile game, but those of you desperately waiting to play the Officer Rimmer version of PAC-MAN need wait no longer as the next big update has rolled out onto Google Play and Apple App Store – also heralding a return to the launch price of $£1.99.
As has been mentioned in the game’s mega thread this update also brings with it a large collection of tweaks, re-balancing and new features that the older content can also take advantage of. Things such as…
- Improved controls across all games
- Added game-pad visual to match the touch controls
- Rebalanced and added new content across all sub-games
- Added option to continue with story, or just play a specific sub-game
- Fixed issue with sections not appearing when walking backwards
- Plus many more bug fixes and gameplay improvements
It all sounds rather lovely, and it does give plenty of reasons to re-vist the old episodes before diving onto the new Officer Rimmer content. Speaking of which, I’ll be recording my now traditional playthrough of the new episode at some point over the next few days, and depending on the impact of the other changes to the game in general I might even take the opportunity to finally record a full playthrough of Twentica shortly after if anyone even cares.