Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Anyone seeing Muppets Most Wanted next Spring?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

The Official Teaser Trailer was posted online a few hours ago and I’m finding it impossible to not be very excited from watching it. It looks so so good and there’s a great moment Scooter moment that just makes me more and more happy each time I watch it.

Hell, I don’t even mind anymore that Ricky Gervais is the Human Lead in this one.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

there’s a great moment Scooter moment

Oops. Well, that’s embarrassing.

srmcd1
    Participant

This just made my heart swell. I should probably see a doctor.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Bad moment scooter.

Phil
    Participant

Wow, I think this is the first I heard of the title change. I’m sure most folks knew already, but last I heard it was something like The Muppets: Again.

This is better.

And I’ll definitely be seeing it. As much as I love the Muppets, I had planned to sit out the last film. I can’t explain why…I just didn’t have much confidence in it for some reason.

But I went anyway, and it was…well, maybe not great. But a hundred billion times better than I expected it to be. So I was happy. I’ll gladly check this one out as well, especially since the few plot details I read seem to slightly channel The Great Muppet Caper.

Which, as we all agree, is the greatest movie of all time.

si
    Participant

> Anyone seeing Muppets Most Wanted next Spring?

Ooh, I might.

> Ricky Gervais is the Human Lead in this one.

Fuck that.

pfm
    Participant

> Fuck that.

I never realised you two didn’t get on…?

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

> Ricky Gervais is the Human Lead in this one.

Fuck that.

I know… when I found out, it felt like a nightmare; I cannot stand the man. But thankfully, it does look like the film will center more on the Muppets and not too much on him – like some of the later films did with the human leads.

Wow, I think this is the first I heard of the title change. I’m sure most folks knew already, but last I heard it was something like The Muppets: Again.

This is better.

I don’t really remember why, but I initially preferred the original title. But now, I do agree this title is better.

pfm
    Participant

I never liked ‘…Again!’ as a title. They don’t need to go down the pisstake title route. Also, am I the only one to think ‘The Muppets…Again!’ would have been a better title for the last film? With it being their comeback and all.

Ridley
    Participant

I’d love to see The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made! get made.

mick
    Participant

I recently happened upon Muppet slash fiction…

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!

HelloMabel
    Participant

Avenue Q has adult-themed Muppets too.

srmcd1
    Participant

About as rubbish as the concept of Time Lords reproducing via ‘The Looms’.

Which, actually, would be an ideal way for Muppets to reproduce…

Ridley
    Participant

Weirder than a pig and a frog?

anniescribe
    Participant

Bert and Ernie have been A Thing for literally decades. You’re just realizing that? ;-)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Weirder than a pig and a frog?

Little baby frigs…

si
    Participant

On a similar but totally different note, did anyone watch That Puppet Game Show last saturday? What did you think?
    Personally, I actually quite liked it, despite the ridicule it was getting on Twitter.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

I really liked That Puppet Game Show, much more than I thought I would and I’m really looking forward to seeing the next episodes. I also got stupidly excited (and dead proud of myself) when I correctly guessed that Brian Henson and Louise Gold are performing some of the characters.

Ridley
    Participant

I only saw the sausages singing I’m Gonna Be. Not exactly Hacker corpsing is it?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I saw the end of it last night and thought it was awful. The worst thing is the complete lack of atmosphere in the studio. Without a live studio audience, the guests (Freddie Flintoff, particularly) were very flat

Phil
    Participant

http://www.avclub.com/article/muppets-most-wanted-105845

Full trailer. This got several laughs out of me. Like, real laughs, and not just chuckles. That very rarely happens in a trailer for anything, so I’m looking forward to this way more now.

March will also see the release of the new Wes Anderson film. I so rarely go to the movies, but when there are multiple things I’d like to see upon release they sure to seem to cluster together.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

I already said this on Facebook yesterday but all three of those new trailers put me in such a good mood that even the presence of Ricky Gervais couldn’t bring me down. Really looking forward to this and I really do think that the Muppets are in good hands with Nicholas Stoller & James Bobin.

Stephen R. Fletcher
    Participant

I managed to get to an advance screening of the movie on Sunday and thought I’d post my (hopefully) not-too-spoilery thoughts:

Overall, I loved it and want to go see it again! (and mostly likely a couple more times after that). The songs are great, Tina Fey is fantastic, Ty Burrell is really funny, and Ricky Gervais is – for the most part – tolerable. But as always, the Muppet Performers are the real stars of this film. Matt Vogel in particular, really shines as Kermit’s evil doppleganger Constantine. A really great performance and shows just how damn versitile he is (also the perfect man to do Jerry Nelson’s characters IMO).

On first watch, this film felt a lot more fast-paced and “jokey” than the last film. It seems Nicholas Stoller and James Bobin have taken on board some of the criticisms it got. I don’t want to give away too much but I can’t not mention that my favourite line in the entire movie makes clear reference to certain criticisms of the last movie. I almost want to watch the movie all over again JUST for that line.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.