Avenue 5 – Armando Iannucci 'space comedy' gets greenlit at HBO

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Avenue 5 – Armando Iannucci 'space comedy' gets greenlit at HBO

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  si 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

performingmonkey

Starring Hugh Laurie, and Rebecca Front’s in it, for crying out loud, as well as the brilliant Lenora Crichlow. Of great interest, indeed….!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/armando-iannuccis-space-comedy-avenue-5-ordered-series-at-hbo-1203748?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

si

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting.

John Hoare

G&T Admin

The fascinating thing about this is that Iannucci has gone on record before about his distaste for Red Dwarf.

It’ll be interesting to see what his version of a space sitcom is, and how it differs.

si

There’ll be some patio doors, I imagine.

Dave

The fascinating thing about this is that Iannucci has gone on record before about his distaste for Red Dwarf.

I don’t think I ever heard about this. What did he say?

Ridley

“If you like Red Dwarf, you’ll love Hyperdrive.”

performingmonkey

Makes no sense why he’d diss Dwarf.

Darrell

I can’t wait to see the angry middle aged one who swears creatively, the harangued older one who doesn’t do much but gets dragged along, the naive younger one who doesn’t have a personality but usually connects the subplots at the end, and two tutting women with no funny lines to say who are just Dorothy and Deborah from Men Behaving Badly but power-dressed. With starfields behind the windows.

Plastic Percy

What about the aging career woman with a strained marriage and worries about her femininity?

John Hoare

G&T Admin

I don’t think I ever heard about this. What did he say?

A certain Seb Patrick went to a Q&A with Armando Iannucci, and he said he didn’t really like Red Dwarf. I’m sure he talked about it on here, but I’m buggered if I can find the thread now.

Dave

Ah, I found this (second comment down).

https://www.ganymede.tv/2006/02/its-a-pod/

Thanks John.

si

Thohn.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.