Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum BBC does are lie much?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    pfm
    Participant

“The series starring Rik Mayall, Adrian Edmondson, Nigel Planer and Christoper Ryan ran from 1982 until 1985 for 26 episodes”

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theyoungones/index.shtml

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF BBC LIES FIXING SCANDAL SCRAP THE LICENSE FEE NOW

John Hoare
    Participant

Fucking ludicrous thing to get wrong, though. Two series, six episodes each – it’s not complicated, and shows the person writing it really had no idea what they were talking about.

The fact it’s the official BBC page on the show makes it even more embarrassing.

Andrew
    Participant

I assume it’s a copy and paste error that’s not been corrected in a template. Shit happens, especially when there’s a lot of content to get through. (I once started a list of RD DVD mistakes and had to stop – it was just depressing.) Is there another show with those stats?

John Hoare
    Participant

I am admittedly still bitter that the Mark Lewisohn material based on his Radio Times Guide to Comedy was pulled from the BBC Comedy website, presumably because they didn’t want to pay for the licence to use it any more (possibly related to the across the board BBC budget cuts). I didn’t always agree with his opinions, but my God it was some of the best researched stuff on comedy ever, and my first choice to turn to when I wanted to check something (or link to a show on here, in case people wanted to read up on something further).

Not only do I have to use the book now, which isn’t kept up to date like the website was, but it broke about a million links across the internet, including shitloads of links on Wikipedia. The replacement stuff isn’t even remotely in the same ballpark, and covers pretty much nothing compared to Lewishon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.