Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Bodysnatcher

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Blisschick
    Participant

Is this particular episode included with the Series II DVD’s in the US? I’m wanting to purchase the collection, but apparently it’s not available in Region 1 in the slick black box set. :-(

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I think you might have to import. There’s been no release outside region 2 yet, and as far as I can remember we’ve not been told about any future release.

ChrisM
    Participant

>Is this particular episode included with the Series II DVD?s in the US?

No, it’s only included with the Bodysnatcher Collection, which also includes the remastered series 1-3.

It’s performed by Chris Barrie along with some nice greyscale artwork (like storyboards). It makes a nice second episode.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> No, it?s only included with the Bodysnatcher Collection, which also includes the remastered series 1-3.

Ah, yes, forgot to mention this.

peas_and_corn
    Participant

>There?s been no release outside region 2 yet

There was a region 4 release! I have one.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> There was a region 4 release! I have one.

Oh! Am I even right in thinking there’s no region 1 release, then?

ChrisM
    Participant

>Oh! Am I even right in thinking there?s no region 1 release, then?

Judging from here it looks like it isn’t available. (Unless it just hasn’t been updated yet.

Blisschick
    Participant

Nope, no Region 1 to speak of. Unless I can convince my husband to convert a Region 1 DVD player, I guess I’m SOL. :-(((

JamesTC
    Participant

Codes online to hack into DVD players so they play all regions are great. Worked like a charm so my region 2 DVD player would play a region 1 DVD since Clerks The Animated Series was only availible in region 1.

Blisschick
    Participant

I’ve been seriously thinking of getting a second player just to use for Region 2 DVD’s since there are several I’ve been wanting to get that are only available in 2. It totally sucks that Britta’s isn’t available over here. The only eps. I’ve been able to watch are what have been posted online. I’m surprised that Netflix hasn’t got them either, but then I’m guessing they’re only renting/converting what’s available over here.

JamesTC
    Participant

Why not convert your current region 1 DVD player to region 0? It will play all regions if you do, it is what I have done with mine.

Phil
    Participant

I’ve never had luck using the “codes” you find online to convert a player, but I don’t think it can hurt to try.

Alternatively, blisschick, just invest in a multi-region player. If you get a decent one it’ll last you for many years, and you won’t have to worry about managing two different players.

Blisschick
    Participant

I haven’t heard of a Region 0 code. That would work perfectly. We already have a new DVD player that we just bought about two months ago because the last one died. I’ll put a bug in the hubby’s ear and see what he can do. It’s handy being married to a computer god. :-) Thanks SO & Phil.

JamesTC
    Participant

What make is your DVD player?

Blisschick
    Participant

It’s a Sony DVP-NS57P. Interesting…there is a chart of language codes in the back of the user’s manual. Useless to me unless I want to watch DVD’s in Esperanto.

JamesTC
    Participant

I can’t find a hack for that model, I will keep on looking.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-dvp-ns575p/4043

This has suggestions, but no complete solutions.

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.auspaytv.com/sony/Sony_DVP_NC615.txt

Includes the DVP-NS57P.

Good luck.

Blisschick
    Participant

Thanks for the links. I’m looking too, but the only thing I’m finding out is that I have a POS player. >:-( I guess I shouldn’t whine too loudly…at least it hasn’t broken yet.

JamesTC
    Participant

The DVD player I have is rather cheap (I think it was ?30) and it had a hack, it might be an idea to look online for a rather cheap DVD player and see if it has a hack, if it does, cheap region free DVD player!

Blisschick
    Participant

ARGH! I have a One 4 All remote, but it’s about 10 years old and doesn’t have a DVD button. Go figure.

Yeah, that was my thought, that I’d buy something cheap. I can’t see myself spending a lot of money on something that I’ll only be watching a few shows on.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mine was a 30 quid special but Phillips. Easy to hack. Got it from Amazon.

Blisschick
    Participant

Phillips is a cheap brand over here, too. I think Walmart carries them.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.