Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Channle four 30 comedy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jonsmad
    Participant

From channle fours new lot of comedy…

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-function-room/4od#3399095

This had Kevin Eldon in it and a couple of other comedy people.

And this is Matt Berry, written by arthur matthews.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/toast-of-london/4od

si
    Participant

Enjoyed The Function Room a lot. Wanted to love Toast Of London, but only found it to be ‘not bad’.

The best thing for me so far has been the Vic and Bob output – Lucky Sexy Winners was one of the funniest things they’ve ever done. Plus it’s been a pleasure to finally catch up with Popadoodledandy and The Weekenders.

I also really enjoyed Them From That Thing – the Simon Callow sketches stand out in particular, and the transitions between sketches were great.

Some great stuff during Funny Fortnight, though a lot of the room I’d made on my Sky+ box, ready for Doctor Who, has now been taken up by C4 comedy.

Jo
    Participant

>Wanted to love Toast Of London, but only found it to be ‘not bad’.

Really? You liked it *that* much?! :-P I couldn’t last through the whole episode, ended up turning over halfway through, but then I don’t like Matt Berry in the first place.

Jonsmad
    Participant

The implausible nature of arthur matthews comedy writing I think can do with a laugh track. But I enjoyed it more than Snuff Box, and I quite like Matt.

Nick R
    Participant

Lucky Sexy Winners was fantastic. Afterwards, Bob tweeted a link to this sketch that was excluded from the show.

I also loved Whatever Happened to Harry Hill. It might not have had enough Bridy McGinty or Bunty Hoven, but otherwise the choices of clips were good, and it had the perfect ending.

si
    Participant

Oh yes, I meant to mention Whatever Happened to Harry Hill. The actual reunion at the end was quite touching, I thought. Also nice to see the repeat of the original show, I’ve got a few on old videos, but it’s nice to see them on TV.

Ridley
    Participant

And this is Matt Berry, written by arthur matthews.

Toast of London passed me by entirely on broadcast. Only recently learned of it when the DVD popped as an Amazon suggestion. It’s not amazing but Berry’s enunciation…

“Your marriage is a faaarce, Purchaaase!”

Plus Todhunter’s in it, a detail which I feel someone here should have pointed out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.