Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Chris wasn’t the first main cast member to play a superhero.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    clem
    Participant

Just been uploaded today, thought it might be of interest to some. Here’s Danny as Captain Electric in Spatz.

Dave
    Participant

I thought this was going to be about Craig Charles voicing Asterix.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

When i first saw Gunmen, I recognised Jennifer Calvert from Spatz. I don’t know why. I fucking hated Spatz.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Whoa!

That was impressively boring. Why did I watch the whole thing? Danny probably was the best aspect, though I would hesitate to even suggest this breaks into his top 5 children’s TV roles.

Also, were the writers of Spatz (1990-1992) aware of the weird trend of black superheroes having electricity-based powers and were knowingly parodying that, or were they just unknowingly contributing to it?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I have extremely fond memories of the existence of Spatz that would, I’m sure, be ruined if I ever tried to watch it again. But yes, it’s also where I recognised Jennifer Calvert from when I first saw Gunmen.

Also, were the writers of Spatz (1990-1992) aware of the weird trend of black superheroes having electricity-based powers and were knowingly parodying that, or were they just unknowingly contributing to it?

Haaa, excellent point! I’m going with unknowingly contributing. It’s such a bizarre trend, though, and there doesn’t seem to be any particular reason for it and yet it keeps on happening, right the way up to Miles Morales.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.