Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Conservative youtuber Citizen X muses on CC/Lister's ethnicty

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    tombow
    Participant

Flap Jack
    Participant

Least appealing thread title on this site thus far? I think it might be.

Step aside, “Which cast member has the biggest dick?”. Your term is up.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

>Conservative youtuber
    Yeah, no thanks

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Yeah, I’m not going to click on that.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Not a fucking chance.

Paul Muller
    Participant

Ugh.

bloodteller
    Blocked

>Least appealing thread title on this site thus far?

More like the least appealing thread title of All Time

Hamish
    Participant

I’m sure it can be topped, sadly.

pfm
    Participant

Criminality aside, THE worst thing about the internet is how it allows pub bores to have a voice.

‘But surely everyone’s voice deserves to be heard…’ NOPE. Not out loud, at least, and certainly not on youtube.

These are the people you zone out to/walk away from, otherwise you’re gonna end up telling them to their face what a boring, wasteful cunt they are, and that never ends well. Mind you, you can tell these bores to go fuck themselves as many times as you want, they’ll never stop wasting the life of every single person who comes into contact with them.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

“All opinions are not equal. Some are very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and arguement than others.”
    – Douglas Adams

John Hoare
    Participant

I’m going to watch this.

Only joking.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Someone punch him out.

Warbodog
    Participant

I think we’ve experienced this period of time before, Sir.

tombow
    Participant

I’m sorry everyone. I watched a random video on youtube last year about how people with a high IQ have a harder life than people with a low one, and ever since then, I’ve been getting video recommendations about Dr J Petersen, various right wingers, and that Citizen X guy.

His first few videos that I saw were just generic rebellious stuff about how he doesn’t trust the police and hates surveillance, and I enjoyed them. After his videos became more iffy, I stopped listening to them months ago.

I was curious about that 007 as I remembered liking him and I wanted to know if he would come out with racist stuff or if he was ready for a black Bond…I think he actually does support a black Bond (although its hard to tell with the video being so rambling). He boasted in his next video about how “half his followers un-subscribed” after hearing he’s ready to see a black Bond. After hearing him bring in Lister an an example I just impulsively posted it.

Again sorry every one

Hamish
    Participant

My brother’s girlfriend’s family keeps trying to get her to take Jordern Peterson’s personality test thingamajig. Thankfully she has been infected by reason.

Hamish
    Participant

Misspelling his name was a deliberate act of disrespect and not a typo. Honest.

tombow
    Participant

I think you got it right

Flap Jack
    Participant

Even Olaf Petersen is more respectable and intelligent than Jordan. No contest.

Anyway, don’t be too hard on yourself, tombow. No harm done. :-)

Lily
    Participant

There’s no need to apologise tombow. While this is undoubtedly the best Red Dwarf website online, a lot of the people here have a very narrow political window and low tolerance for different opinions. I found early on it’s for the best to keep strictly on-topic and keep any opinions to yourself.

I did actually watch the part of the video you linked and for the benefit of those that didn’t, X was describing listening to an interview between Charles and Elba and was remarking on how he was surprised when Charles described himself as a black guy, as X hadn’t really thought of him as such, instead thinking that his defining characteristic was being a scouser. He goes on to say that since Bond and Elba both are British, that’s good enough for him to be Bond.

I’ll admit I didn’t watch any further, but that was more because it’s a rambling boring pseudo-intellectual mess than anything else.

*You both spelled it wrong, it’s Jordan Peterson.

Paul Muller
    Participant

“…he was surprised when Charles described himself as a black guy, as X hadn’t really thought of him as such, instead thinking that his defining characteristic was being a scouser.”

Yeah, I mean it’s not like there’s been a visible black community in Liverpool since the 1700s or anything…Oh wait.

Youtube’s algorithm is fucked though. I’m a massive insufferable lefty and every other suggested video is for JBP, a random red faced old man shouting about Tommy Robinson or some clip of Joe Rogan cordially chatting with a neo-nazi about ‘white genocide’.

bloodteller
    Blocked

“he was surprised when Charles described himself as a black guy”

Honestly, I didn’t realize Craig was black until it was mentioned in the documentaries that the show “had 2 black main characters” or something. I used to just think he was a white guy with a tan

Ben Saunders
    Participant

I don’t know what I thought he was, I didn’t really think he was anything, until they brought it up in the documentary.

Warbodog
    Participant

Most of us have been watching since we were kids when stuff like that (usually) doesn’t matter, and they’re characters in space in the future where stuff like that famously doesn’t matter, so ethnicity isn’t something you’d think about unless maybe you felt represented or if it was part of the story.

I had the same thing with Lister when it was pointed out (“oh, is Craig black? Thanks for the trivia”) and with Dr. Bashir in Star Trek DS9, when they did a time travel story (Past Tense) and one of the writers pointed out that the “two brown guys” were being implicitly treated less well than the white woman even though they were in the same situation. (“Oh, is he brown? Thanks for the trivia.”)

Doctor Who’s done it once or twice a year when companions aren’t white. This bothers some people, but you know what some people are like.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.