Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Danny John-Jules has just posted on facebook that he has just received 2 Scripts for New Red Dwarf in the post.

Viewing 67 posts - 1 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I don’t know about you guys, but good goddamn, that makes me very excited about the new series that IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Crazy times are afoot.

si
    Participant

Yes indeedy. We’re, what, three weeks away from the first recording? Great stuff.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Pre-record as well don’t forget, they may be shooting sooner than you think…

si
    Participant

Of course. I’ve still got eight weeks to wait before I make my way to Shepperton, mind.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Of course. I’ve still got eight weeks to wait before I make my way to Shepperton, mind.

WOE IS YOU.

si
    Participant

I’m not moaning (for a change), I just mean that I’m excited and am eagerly counting down.

redhead85
    Participant

Eeee! I iz excite!

Dave
    Participant

Rumour mill begins here.

Is the Cat only in two episodes?
    Is the Cat recast after only two episodes?

No, probably not.

si
    Participant

To save money, the series will be animated. The Cat will spend two episodes as a female.

Brayds2006
    Participant

And another two episodes as Norman Lovett.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Spoilers! The Cat has lines in at least two episodes!!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

There’s a big Cat episode where he’s got to have sex or his balls will explode.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

There’s a big balls episode where he’s got to have Cat or his sex will explode.

Kris Carter
    Participant

There’s a big explode episode where he’s got to have balls or his Cat will sex.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

King illegal forest wild pig kill to in it a is.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Nicely done, Danny. Nicely done indeed.

si
    Participant

Minute one have you.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

That’s sort of a variant on what he said, but again, it’s fine to join in.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Has Bobby posted the scripts on his blog yet?

Kris Carter
    Participant

He’s doing an audiobook of them right now.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

He’s accidentally reading them word-for-word on his next “Wet Liberal Weekly” video.

Carlito
    Participant

He’s popping round all of our houses to implant the scripts directly into our subconscious via our dreams.

Carlito
    Participant

Accidentally.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I had a dream where I signed an NDA, so I can’t tell you what the dream was about, sorry.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I’ve heard the next Carpool will have Danny, Chris and Craig as passengers and they will be doing a full script read through on their way to collect pizza and hookers.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

http://llewblog.squarespace.com/red-dwarf/

Looks like it all Kicks off on Monday !

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

“seriously amusing”. Not “side-splittingly hilarious” then….

ChrisM
    Participant

I find most comedy amusing rather than laugh out loud funny. And that’s usually good enough for me.

Not that I’m opposed to some laugh out loud moments, but Dwarf, even at it’s worst, had it’s moments…

Latest Tweet from DJJ:

“Sitting in the back of a Range Rover with @bobbyllew being driven to RD rehearsal. THIS S*** IS FOR REAL NOW!”

Kris Carter
    Participant

*ahem*

Squeee!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Can’t G&T just get feeds of Danny and Robert – and Doug, hell, even Andrew – direct to the site?!

You’re doing a fine a job, si. Keep it up!

si
    Participant

More great Tweets from Danny and Robert this morning:

Danny: Just finshed episode 1 and @bobbyllew is having a go at the producers for not sending an electric jeep. He now trying to start a boycott!

Robert: Just finished 1st read through on #RDX. Very funny stuff. Nerve wracking though. And yes, there are Range Rover issues. Ho hum.

How great does all this sound?

si
    Participant

Cappsy quoted me just as I was editing that bit out. Cos I realised how stupid it sounded. Sorry ’bout that. I was letting the RDX excitement get the better of me. *ahem*

si
    Participant

More from Robert…

“Heading home now. Brilliant day. Lots of guffaws. Lovely to be back together. #oldboysfromtheDwarf”

‘Lots of guffaws’. Sounds promising.:)

JamesTC
    Participant

From Bobby,

“Although its early days I think you can expect ‘classic’ Dwarf.”

Also you can follow @edmoore who is Director of Photography on the new series.

si
    Participant

Robert’s just Tweeted a link to a freshly posted blog about today: http://bit.ly/fcUftB

Kris Carter
    Participant

So Doug’s definitely directing then it would seem. I’m pretty happy with that. I thought he did a good job with Back To Earth – my one beef being the lack of a laughter track, which of course is remedied with RDX.

Although I’ve always wished they’d give Andy DeEmmony another crack at the director’s chair too.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I asked Mike Seymour on Twitter about RDX and he replied with, ‘I am not really involved – just helping a bit.’

> Robert’s just Tweeted a link to a freshly posted blog about today: http://bit.ly/fcUftB

Did anyone else see this picture that someone posted in response to Robs blog post?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/378395_10150488039850350_547030349_11246179_1397120142_n.jpg

Surly this latest tweet is just a joke?

“Baby Duane’s passport photo. I am not at liberty to say anymore. http://yfrog.com/odecfjqj

I fucking hope so anyway.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I think I might cry.

Kris Carter
    Participant

Oh please please please please let Duane Dibbley NOT be in RDX…

Mr-Stabby
    Participant

Oh god no i hope Duane Dibbley isn’t in Series X. New shows, new ideas please!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yay! Duane Dibbley! I hope he brings his family.

si
    Participant

The Cat will decide to explore his Cat-people Roots after he wakes up from a nightmare in which he is Duane Dibbley.
    He then has to have sex before his balls explode.

(as I Tweeted earlier. I never was big on originality. As demonstrated by the actual content of the Tweet.)

JamesTC
    Participant

“Remember I have not said anything about Duane’s return to geekdom, OK?” – From DJJ on twitter.

Alex
    Participant

Damn.

JamesTC
    Participant

They’ve posted a picture of the four at rehearsals on the Dwarf Facebook page.

Jo
    Participant

I assumed that was just a photo of Danny’s son, Danté, with silly teeth in? I’m not worried… yet.

si
    Participant

I assumed that at first. But then I thought, ‘why post a photo of your son wearing twenty year old novelty teeth? Surely it’s a new set?’

…And then started to worry a *little* bit.

si
    Participant

(Okay, there are more recent Dibbley teeth, but I’m talking the original set. Before anyone starts.) ;)

Jo
    Participant

…I thought, ‘why post a photo of your son wearing twenty year old novelty teeth? Surely it’s a new set?’

I reckon Danny’s just winding us up. *thinks positive*

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

If it was a new set, it would fit his mouth…

JamesTC
    Participant

And if it where happening, they wouldn’t allow him to tweet a picture.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

They made a new set for that Dibley iPhone app a while back, didn’t they? That’s probably where they’re from.

Alex
    Participant

And if it where happening, they wouldn’t allow him to tweet a picture

Not that that has always stopped the cast pushing at the edges of what they are allowed to say before now of course.

si
    Participant

“@DannyJohnJules: We have not had scripts 3,4,5,6 Duane Dibbley could be in one but as of yet, only Doug Naylor knows. He’s on twitter, ask him.”

That sounds promising, at least.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Danny John-Jules
    By the way, was in Knightsbridge at Adrian Milsom’s today having my Cat and Duane teeth adjusted today.Does your jaw shrink when your old?

And Duane teeth? So he might well be in it… Unless he’s stringing the idea out…

si
    Participant

These photos Danny posted yesterday…

http://yfrog.com/oecgvprj
    http://yfrog.com/hsrf0dhj

Anyone tried zooming in to try and read the scripts?

I haven’t. Obviously.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

No, because this isn’t Blade Runner/Back To Earth.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster
    si
    Participant

A SCRIPT!!!

From Danny John-Jules…

For all you geeks that were trying to zoom in to my RD script that was on the table in the pub photo, here it is http://yfrog.com/odff7cwj

Arf arf.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Why the hell have they just used a screenshot from rd.co.uk’s header on the script? What’s wrong with the normal logo…?

pfm
    Participant

> Why the hell have they just used a screenshot from rd.co.uk’s header on the script? What’s wrong with the normal logo…?

Is…your…name…Holly?

si
    Participant

Danny John-Jules seems to be tweeting a load of bollocks.

To everyone asking whether RD is going to be as good as the 23year old first episode the answer is NO! It’s going to be S***!

And

Back to earth will be a masterpiece when you see this piece of S***, so you’d better jump ship now and save your tweeting finger!

O-kay…

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Danny showing once again that he’s excellent at dealing with trolls on Twitter.

Kris Carter
    Participant

I’m just glad that written sarcasm is so easily read and understood, and unlikely to be mistaken for sincerity when read by people who are less than blessed with intelligence.

Ahem.

Viewing 67 posts - 1 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.