Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Dave’s Red Dwarf ECP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John Hoare
    Participant

The backward-forwards-backwards “whacky” effect is fucking abominable.

(ECP = End Credits Promotion, btw.)

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

What’s this now?

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Heh, I was watching II on Dave last night as well. It’s quite a nice thing to stumble across when your girlfriend has never seen Stasis Leak or Queeg…

p2p_productions
    Participant

Yeah, I saw this – Lister running in and out the GELF village, Starbug flying in and out of the lava pit, etc, etc. Truly hilarious.

hummingbird
    Participant

I think I speak for everybody here when I say huh?

John Hoare
    Participant

During the credits to the previous programme, Dave squeeze the credits to the left, and on the right run a trail showing the programme which is on next. (Hence the phrase “End Credits Promotion”, or ECP.)

It’s a horrible thing at the best of times; they should show respect for their programmes by not trampling all over the credits. But as p2p says, this was even worse than usual – because for Dwarf, they kept showing clips of Series VI… and kept reversing the action of them to show Lister running forwards and backwards, etc.

And it was embarrassing.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Isn’t this deserved punishment for watching the show on broadcast television rather than DVD?

JamesTC
    Participant

I wonder why they concentrate on Series VI so much, is it in any way cheaper to show clips from that Series to others? They did it with the All the Shows boxset ads they put on around the time of the BTE broadcast, it was all Series VI stuff, could just be a lazy editor who only felt like sifting through a couple of episodes.

John Hoare
    Participant

Isn?t this deserved punishment for watching the show on broadcast television rather than DVD?

Thing is, I’ll moan for ages about how how crap most digital channels are, and how I’m better off with my DVD collection.

Then, I’ll just want something on in the background, and I’ll give it another chance. And then I realise why I hate it all over again…

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Thing is, I?ll moan for ages about how how crap most digital channels are, and how I?m better off with my DVD collection.

Then, I?ll just want something on in the background, and I?ll give it another chance. And then I realise why I hate it all over again?

It’s the Circle of Poo.

http://www.southparkstudios.co.uk/clips/sp_vid_103963/?searchterm=the%20circle%20of%20poo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.