Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Digital pricing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daff
    Participant

Was just having a quick look on how much it would be to pick up RD digitally and Google have a really odd (crap) pricing strategy. £1.99 per episode or £12.99 for the season for most seasons (Season 4 is £16.49 and Back to Earth is £12.99 for the 3 episodes)

I’d kind of get it if the special features were included but only one season even mentions these. I find buying Digital content to be a chore at the best of times if it’s not a brand new release but things like this put me right off.   

Flap Jack
    Participant

Amazon and Apple both have it cheaper than that, if it helps. £10 max for each series, excepting only the HD versions of Series XI and XII. Apple also has Series 1-V in a bundle for £27.

But yeah, digital releases of TV series are rarely ever as good a deal as the equivalent DVD releases – assuming they exist and there are a high enough number of them in circulation.

Ben Saunders
    Participant

You can buy Season 4 of The Next Generation on YouTube for £24.99 (!)

Or you can buy a month of Netflix for a fiver….

Always found the prices for TV shows to be utterly insane, like it’ll probably be higher quality than Netflix, but you’d be pissing money away if that was your primary way of consuming media

Rudolph
    Participant

I’ve got into the habit of just backing up all my series DVDs onto a hard drive for convenience. As you never know when they might disappear from a streaming service, or just not be available.

Yeah, buying downloads of TV shows is the one gap in my media consumption. I’ve never paid for a streaming subscription, but I’ve used them in shared houses; I’ve bought and streamed music. But given the cost of TV show downloads, the physical copy seems like a much better option.

That said, it’s a pain in the arse at the moment because due to my health I’m currently stuck living with my parents indefinitely, and there’s not enough room in my bedroom for a computer and a telly. And as I have a Mac, with zero BluRay support, it means I have to literally rip them to the computer to play them. The Doctor Who boxsets are sitting there unwatched because it takes an entire day of ripping and around 500GB of drive space for each season which is just staggeringly impractical. Beginning to wish I’d just stuck with PCs.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.