Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Dimension Jump XVII

Viewing 43 posts - 201 through 243 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    HelloMabel
    Participant

No problem, Cappsy. I had fun staying up with the guys on Saturday; that was when I started to feel like one of the gang instead of another faceless forum frequenter. :)

anniescribe
    Participant

Ha! I spent Saturday night until late supporting Guinness and chatting up Rebecca Blackstone (no, not like THAT). I was up.

Jonsmad
    Participant

As he mentioned. Tony Hawks Gangnam Style.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p011txtf

Blisschick
    Participant

I so wish I could have been there. I would’ve gladly slept on anyone’s floor. :)

HelloMabel
    Participant

The next one, then! Start saving up now! :)

…Actually, what do we think will come next – the RDXI filming, or Dimension Jump XVIII?

MANI506
    Participant

Nostradamus and his flighty horse predicts… RDXI filmed towards the end of 2014, RDXI broadcast Autumn 2014, DJ XVIII April 2015.

Some just might say that I just took the RDX, DJXVII schedule and shifted it forward two years.

takerdemon
    Participant

That Cappsy is a helpful fellow isn’t he? Much love to all!

Claire
    Participant

It was nice meeting you, Mabel. I was around till about 1.30 on Saturday night – you should have said something. Annie and I would’ve let you crash on the floor again. :)

Blisschick
    Participant

>>>The next one, then! Start saving up now! :)

Sigh…yes, I know I must. I’m sitting here listening to the podcast and thinking how much fun you and Annie had. Who has the drawl, you or Annie?

HelloMabel
    Participant

That would be Indianapolis Ann. :) I’m the uppity schoolgirl who said Soul, Hyphen, Stirring. One day I will stop sounding like a twat, I swear.

Jonsmad
    Participant

You werent an “utter twat”, it was great to hear all the american accents. Dedicated. Is the word I would use, for all the fans who travelled to the event. It was only 2 small train journeys for me. Hardly an hour.

Blisschick
    Participant

You sound Californian, like my husband did when he moved here, only you don’t talk near as fast. :P

HelloMabel
    Participant

Well done, I am indeed from L.A. :) Californians think I sound “vaguely foreign.” When I was studying in Salzburg everyone thought I was Belgian or Dutch.

Blisschick
    Participant

He moved here from Vallejo. Everything was “thrashed”.

anniescribe
    Participant

I lived in the South for seven years. You can blame that for marring an otherwise damn fine flat, bland Midwest non-accent. :-P

Blisschick
    Participant

It adds character. Go with that. :P

HelloMabel
    Participant

> It was nice meeting you, Mabel. I was around till about 1.30 on Saturday night – you should have said something. Annie and I would’ve let you crash on the floor again. :)

Aw, cheers Claire. What was I doing at 1:30? Still trying to pry Stuart away from Rebecca Blackstone and onto the disco floor (a completely lost cause).

I didn’t start thinking about sleep until 5:30.

Jo
    Participant

Oh Mabel! :( I didn’t know you were without a room on Saturday night, you could have had Craig Charles’s room! I found out too late that he wasn’t turning up until Sunday, so we got charged for the room AND a fee because he didn’t check in.

Alex
    Participant

> I didn’t start thinking about sleep until 5:30.

Is that when Danny and I left you by the piano? If so then Jesus I didn’t know it was that late. Still, that’s wine for you. And snap, if I’d known you didn’t have a room I’ve have tried to sort something out for you!

Claire
    Participant

That’s ironic, because I was about to ask Mabel if she secretly IS Craig – in reference to the staying up till 5.30 bit. ;)

Claire
    Participant

That’s ironic, because I was about to ask Mabel if she secretly IS Craig – in reference to the staying up till 5.30 bit. ;)

Claire
    Participant

Damn, sorry about the double post. I can’t seem to delete it. :/

HelloMabel
    Participant

That sucks about Craig’s room and the extra fee. All props to you and all of TORDFC, for dealing with unforeseen expenses like that as well as all your work on the weekend.

> Is that when Danny and I left you by the piano?

I think you left around 5:00 and Karl and maybe some others hung out a bit longer. But my memory of everything after drinking Southern Comfort on the terrace is a bit fuzzy, to be honest. :)

HelloMabel
    Participant

I do vaguely recall an idea for a forum topic dedicated to people’s cat pictures…

Ben Paddon
    Participant

There’s no bloody way I’m missing this next time. Unless I’m poor then, yeah, I’m missing it. But still.

Glad Mabel made it there and back in one piece. We met briefly at Gallifrey One in February.

HelloMabel
    Participant

Hi Ben, you would have been in your element. DJ had the same energy buzz as Gallifrey, the same closeness both among the fan community and to the actors, and more music. (Somebody at Gallifrey came up to us during our Monty Python Fluxx game and said there was a piano, but I never saw it!) Also it was more intimate. Close to 400 people, but plenty of time to make a few lifelong friends, especially if you’re willing to forgo sleep.

Gallifrey’s clearest advantage, that I could see, is the transgender community was much better represented there.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Yeah, Gally is a wonderfully open and accepting sort of con. I’ve never seen anything else like it (though GMX in Tennessee came awfully close, which is ironic considering it’s Tennessee).

I really, really hope to make it out to the next DJ. And I’ve got plenty of time to convince my current gal that the show is brilliant – I’ve had a lot of bad luck when it comes to American girls and Red Dwarf, and I can’t imagine why. Could it be the production value?

si
    Participant

Tell you what, Ben – me and you will meet up at the next DJ. We’ll make a big thing of it. ;)

HelloMabel
    Participant

> I’ve had a lot of bad luck when it comes to American girls and Red Dwarf, and I can’t imagine why.

Don’t ask Renata Sellitti.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

> Tell you what, Ben – me and you will meet up at the next DJ. We’ll make a big thing of it. ;)

NEXT YEAR IN JERUSALEM.

CoziFantozzi
    Participant

> Cozi – The question is, were you ever able to drive AWAY from Birmingham, finally?

Sorry for the late reply Annie, only just got back from Birmingham (lol)

> It was an amazing weekend. I think I spoke to everyone at least once over the course, and it was excellent to meet so many new people, especially Mabel, Annie and Cozi, with their impeccable taste in Red Dwarf websites.

Cappsy, I confess to being a little bit in love with you over the weekend :-)

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

NOW you fucking tell him.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Cappsy, I confess to being a little bit scared of your beard on screen in Ghostwatch behind the curtain screening. In that blown up aspect ratio I thought Mr Tumnus was coming at me out of Narnia.

Jonsmad
    Participant

Some of the slides showing the work done to refurb the Remastered model into the Red Dwarf X ship, with Bill Pearson and Steve Howarth Q & A.

I’ve just heard that geek podcast with Bill talking about how he both made and inspired SPG the hamster in The Young Ones. That fact has made DJ twice as good as i already thought it had been. I’ve met the real life SPG!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Ah, love and terror, that’s exactly what I was shooting for!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I think we’re all missing the big issue here which is…

Mabel why didn’t we play Fluxx?

Infact, given how sizeable time-travel has been in RD, why isn’t there a Red Dwarf Fluxx?

Err so in summary, if you don’t know what Fluxx is – Find Out. Or if your name is Seb Patrick, we REALLY need to play Back to the Future Fluxx.

si
    Participant

we REALLY need to play Back to the Future Fluxx.

Fluxx capacitor.

HelloMabel
    Participant

>I think we’re all missing the big issue here which is…

>Mabel why didn’t we play Fluxx?

It was Ben who brought the deck to Gallifrey; I don’t have one. :) But if you do, bring it next time!

(Though I’m rubbish at doing the accents, as anyone will attest who heard me tell about Bill Pearson coming up to the ‘Gelf Who’ game and asking Ian, “Are you the adjudicator?”)

anniescribe
    Participant

OK, what the hell is Fluxx? Because I was there and I missed Fluxx, and if there was something related to BTTF that I missed out on, I’m going to have a good cry. (No, a cry has nothing to do with jet lag and being back at work, why do you ask?)

HelloMabel
    Participant

Ann, Fluxx is a card game and there are multiple versions of it including Monty Python Fluxx (though I believe the BTTF one is just called BTTF: the Card Game, but it’s the same game as Fluxx). We played it at Gally and Karl was just asking why we didn’t play it at DJ. Don’t worry hon, you didn’t miss anything. :)

I’ve seen the Game of Thrones card game and almost bought it, but… only two players? Come on.

Blisschick
    Participant

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluxx

This is something I could definitely get into. I love card games.

Jo
    Participant

>That sucks about Craig’s room and the extra fee. All props to you and all of TORDFC, for dealing with unforeseen expenses like that as well as all your work on the weekend.

If I’d have realised, I’d have checked him in regardless! Ah well, these things happen :)
    Thank you, positive feedback is always greatly appreciated, although it made me a bit teary on the weekend. Stress there! ;)

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Fluxx is ruddy marvellous. I have Zombie Fluxx, which is endlessly entertaining.

Viewing 43 posts - 201 through 243 (of 243 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.