Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Doctor Whoooooooooooo, hey! Doctor Who!

Viewing 70 posts - 101 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • Author
    Pete Part Three
    Participant

Timothy Dalton should be in every TV programme. There should be a law.

Stabbim the Skutter
    Participant

Wow, could this mean Gallifrey is coming back? I hope so, I think they’ve wrung the “last-of-his-kind” thing dry now…

pfm
    Participant

Doctor Who: Back To Gallifrey.

In the end it WON’T be Gallifrey, the Time Lords WON’T be back, it’s all an hallucination brought on by the Doctor eating cheese. A cheese dream. Coupled with mutual masturbation between the Doctor and Master but with a more slapstick approach.

JamesTC
    Participant

Plus it turns out Peri wasn’t dead and so he goes to find her.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

it?s all an hallucination brought on by the Doctor eating cheese. A cheese dream.

Sorry, but I just find that phrase hilarious.

Do continue.

J_Spaced
    Participant

>Timothy Dalton should be in every TV programme. There should be a law.

Something we agree on. I’m hoping he’s a future incarnation of the Doctor.

pfm
    Participant

The only Lord Asriel there ever should have been. *shivers for umpteenth time at prospect of how good Northern Lights/The Golden Compass could have been*

JamesTC
    Participant

I doubt they would have someone that old as a Doctor these days. You know what they should do, bring back Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant, ahh well, I can dream.

So is anyone planning on buying ‘The War Games’ 3 disc set, it is packed full of extras.

J_Spaced
    Participant

I just bought the Trial of a Time Lord for ?11, then realised with a sense of deflation that it represents nearly half of Colin’s appearances.

Then I caught a bit of Kingdom the other night with Colin playing a mad old Norfolk boy with too many dogs. So things lightened up a bit there.

JamesTC
    Participant

I paid ?39.99 for ‘Trial of a Time Lord’ and it was worth it but it isn’t half of Colin’s appearances, get some of the full cast audios, ‘Jubilee’, ‘Medicinal Purposes’ and ‘The One Doctor’ are all fantastic stories.
    As soon as you can watch the ‘Trials and Tribulations’ documentary on disc 4, the best DVD documentary I have ever seen, “I wanted to beat Tom Bakers record”, fuck Michael “twat” Grade.

Dave
    Participant

>it?s all an hallucination brought on by the Doctor eating cheese. A cheese dream.

A couple or three pizzas?

JamesTC
    Participant

Can somebody explain the nazis in ‘Silvernemesis’ please. They are just there in 1988 with no explanation.

Dave
    Participant

They are somewhere in South America, which is where many hid. One turned up recently trying to get into the USA and the Boer community in South Africa is apparently still harbouring a few 21 years after 1988.

It’s not out of the realms of possibility that they got organised and bred troops that don’t think to open the box vital to their mission, whilst under exile over the 43 years since WWII. It’s just very unlikely.

The other reason of course is that Cartmel was obsessed with Nazis, they actually appear in Silver Nemesis but they are mentioned, referenced or alluded to in one way or another in Paradise Towers, Delta And the Bannermen, Dragonfire, Remembrance Of The Daleks, Battlefield, The Curse Of Fenric & Survival.

JamesTC
    Participant

>Paradise Towers, Delta And the Bannermen, Dragonfire

Watched those three stories this week and didn’t catch any of the refrences.

Dave
    Participant

>Watched those three stories this week and didn?t catch any of the refrences.

They are more allusions. The uniforms in Paradise Towers & Dragonfire, the genocide & Major Burton in Delta, Kane’s death in Dragonfire, I’m sure there are more but it’s been a while. In Season 24 there were allusions, in Season 25 he went further and in Season 26 he finally did it well.

You could also argue that The Happiness Patrol owes a great deal to the work of a certain Mr Goebbels.

One thing is for certain, Marleen is going to think we’re infatuated with WWII again.

Andrew
    Participant

> Watched those three stories this week and didn?t catch any of the refrences.

When watching a show about a time-travelling hero, you don?t want it to be about something, you just want to be entertained with what is an interesting concept.

JamesTC
    Participant

It can be about something, I just don’t care what that something is especially when watching the stories for the first time which I did with several stories this week.

JamesTC
    Participant

‘The War Games’ is out on monday, so you know, buy it.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Andrew Taylor, one of the Jump Leads writers, won that Torchwood Twitter caption contest James Moran held recently, and as a prize he gets to have his name put into the next thing Moran writes, and also gets a signed copy of said thing when it comes out on DVD.

So if the next thing he writes is for Doctor Who then we’ll have an Incredibly Tenuous Link between Jump Leads and Doctor Who.

Pleased for Andrew, though. Lucky git.

JamesTC
    Participant

Or it could appear in Moran’s new film.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Like I said, a Tenuous Link one way or the other – Andrew’s name of choice appears in a thing written by one of the regular writers for Doctor Who.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Hey, that’s pretty cool – I saw that competition but didn’t get round to entering.

James is a client of ours, so I might keep a sneaky eye out and try to see what the next thing he’s working on is ;-)

JamesTC
    Participant

‘The War Games’ DVD is fantastic, stunning restoration.

si
    Participant

Only watched a couple of extras so far – I love the Stripped For Action features, and I thought the Regeneration feature was good too. Mind you, shame it couldn’t be held back till we’d seen the 10/11 changeover.

si
    Participant

…although the Easter Egg on Disc 3 isn’t really recommended for Epileptics.

JamesTC
    Participant

I liked ‘Time and the Rani’ being compared with the Teletubbies by Gareth Roberts.

si
    Participant

The easter egg on The War Games disc 2 is hilarious.

JamesTC
    Participant

It was rather funny, not as good as their ‘Planet of the Dead’ skit on youtube, quite a bit of Doctor Who stuff on their youtube channel. The “exile” bits had me on the floor.

si
    Participant

Yes, my sister was in hysterics at that.

Dave
    Participant

I didn’t realise Noel Coleman had been in Doctor Who.

si
    Participant

I was suitably impressed, too.

It was even funnier when Patrick Trueman from EastEnders turned up, forty years younger, as well.

si
    Participant

According to today’s paper, the new companion is called Amy and she is Scottish. Filming to start Monday, with piccies of the two of them in the press next Tuesday. Goody!

There. That’s better.

pfm
    Participant

I think Tuesday for the pics is just guesswork by The Mirror, unless the BBC have tipped them off.

JamesTC
    Participant

‘Remembrance of the Daleks’ is rereleased tomorrow with Beatles tracks put back and effects properly implemented as well as a spanking new restoration and a few new extras as well as the Davros documentary on a second disc. The cover and slip-case cover look great too!

Anyone else getting it?

pfm
    Participant

Looks like the first fucking shots of Smith as Herr Doctor are gonna be on BBC Breakfast tomorrow, though it’s highly likely they’ll pop up before then. Excited? I will be if the Mickey Mouse t-shirt is part of the costume. I would seriously accept that. OK it’s not gonna be that but something as wacky as that would work, I think. Now dance.

JamesTC
    Participant

It would be better if they had Mickey Smith on the shirt.
    I am very excited to see the new Doctor’s costume.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Looks like the first fucking shots of Smith as Herr Doctor are gonna be on BBC Breakfast tomorrow

Excellent.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Just had a quick look on GB and it seems there are the usual rumours about things getting released at midnight. Probably a good chance, though, as I imagine the press have the pictures now and a couple of websites are bound to publish the picture at 00:01.

si
    Participant

>?Remembrance of the Daleks? is rereleased tomorrow

Ooh. Is that tomorrow? I preordered that, so yes, I will be getting it, despite having the original release. The things you’ll do for a few extra, er, extras and a better DVD cover.

JamesTC
    Participant

Well it is much more than just extras, I mean just read this mammoth page of changes, http://www.purpleville.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rtwebsite/DavrosBoxset.htm , you will need to scroll down a bit, it also had the Davros Connections documentary, well worth a purchase as far as I’m concerned, some fans paid ?60+ for this as part of the Davros Set so I am glad I waited, now I feel like watching a Davros story, might watch ‘Destiny’, hmm.

pfm
    Participant

So there’s nothing to report yet. No work for me this week so there’s no way in fucking hell I’ll be up for Breakfast News, and am I even that bothered?? We’re gonna be looking at the pics for the next 9 months anyway. It’s just gonna be Matt Smith in a fleecy jumper with a navy neckerchief thingy, you know, sparkling in the sunlight like Twilight and all that bollocks, and Karen, or Amy or whatever, in the bikini from the Countdown sketch on the Kevin Bishop Show.

si
    Participant

I’m sure you’ve all seen this by now, but…

http://bit.ly/4eQ6CN

What do we think? The bow-tie frightened me a bit at first, but, I don’t know…

Actually, if you click the ‘+’ and get in close, it’s the textures of each element of the costume that’s really nice.

Oh, and we’ve got the companion’s surname! She’s Amy Pond.

I’m suddenly very excited about the new series.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Amy Pond looks all sexy and 80s. Move over Ace.

si
    Participant

I used to adore Ace, back when I was about nine years old. Then, in recent years, watching stories like Survival and Remembrance of the Daleks, I do kind of think, ‘Why?’

pfm
    Participant

> and get in close, it?s the textures of each element of the costume that?s really nice.

Perfect for HD, which we can only assume they’re shooting series 5 in.

I like the costume. Can’t be the only one who immediately thought Indiana Jones in professor mode, though I’m not sure Indy ever wore those pants and boots! Karen is so nice. Whether that’s her actual getup for the episode who knows, but if it is it looks great to me. I LOVE the name Amy Pond too. It’s short and understated but also quite funny. You can imagine the Doctor’s reaction to the surname (well actually I’m just thinking of the 10th Doctor’s reaction to it, which is obviously irrelevant…).

Maybe the most important thing is that they look great together.

Andrew
    Participant

The first thing that costume says to me is ‘old geezer’. Which probably means nothing, but in my head continues to channel the ‘playing it old and wise from inside the youngest Doctor body ever’ vibe I’m hoping Moffat’s going for. A grouchier, crabbier, seen-it-all attitude – something that might fit both statements Moff’s made about the Doc previously, and his own temperament. (If RTD channelled his big, excited kid nature into his lead, I see no reason that SM might not do the same with his endearingly stroppy, smartest-in-the-room personality!)

JamesTC
    Participant

When I looked at it when I waked up I just thought “Oh no” but now I look at it all awake it is quite good actually.
    Karen looks as good a she always does!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Then, in recent years, watching stories like Survival and Remembrance of the Daleks, I do kind of think, ?Why??

Because she’s fucking brill, that’s why. WHO YOU CALLIN’ SMALL?

NitroChrisUK
    Participant
    si
    Participant

>Because she?s fucking brill, that?s why. WHO YOU CALLIN? SMALL?

What I mean is – she was the epitome of cool when I was 9. She int quite as cool as I fort. Neither does Henry Winkler.

si
    Participant

That Daily Mail link – is it me, or does the TARDIS look different?

…Got it. White window frames.

si
    Participant

…And the badge on the door! This is the ORIGINAL TARDIS!!!

Oh dear, I’ve just come.

Andrew
    Participant

They’re in a fucking quarry!

Excellent.

TheLeen
    Participant

All of this: Hmpf.

si
    Participant
    NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>Interesting pic (and possible spoiler) here:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2009/07/series-5-returning-character.html

oh i say.wonder if this means there will be 2 companions or an on off companion like captain jack

Phil1034
    Participant

> Interesting pic (and possible spoiler) here

You beat me to it. Pretty fucking huge news.

JamesTC
    Participant

The TARDIS looks gigantic in that picture above.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>They?re in a fucking quarry!

… they’re in the same place they filmed the Bad Wolf Bay stuff, according to people who are there and texting in reports.

Fucking love the Hartnell TARDIS. Really liking Smith’s costume the more I see it, too. Really liking Karen Gillan’s FACE the more I see it, too.

si
    Participant

>Really liking Karen Gillan?s FACE the more I see it, too.

And me…

*childish giggle*

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> What I mean is – she was the epitome of cool when I was 9. She int quite as cool as I fort. Neither does Henry Winkler.

No-one from the 80s is as cool as they were in the 80s.

Apart from James Bond.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>Neither does Henry Winkler.

Someone hasn’t been watching Arrested Development.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> Someone hasn?t been watching Arrested Development.

And we all know what happens to naughty people who haven’t been watching Arrested Development, don’t we Mr. Patrick?

Phil1034
    Participant

Article’s been upadated again with 3 more images. Two of which are spoileriphic & one which is just lovely. You have been warned:

http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2009/07/series-5-returning-character.html

JamesTC
    Participant

Is this no spoilers on here, or can we go crazy?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

I don’t mind filming spoilers, but best to gage the mood of the forum for a bit first…

JamesTC
    Participant

Well not the entire forum, soilers probably won’t be appreciated there but in this topic.

Andrew
    Participant

> soilers probably won?t be appreciated

The punchline pretty much writes itself, doesn’t it?

si
    Participant

After looking at those, I was flicking through Doctor Who Adventures, which I decided to buy for once this week for the Fifth Doctor Audio CD that came free. Some lines from Planet of the Dead were printed…

“Your song is ending,sir. It is returning through the dark.”

It brings new meaning to ‘song’ – and perhaps a capital letter?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster
Viewing 70 posts - 101 through 170 (of 170 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.