Enlightened X? Century Guy

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Enlightened X? Century Guy

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Plastic Percy 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

Lily

So I was just watching Stasis Leak and caught that there’s a date in the shower room they step into, of 2 March 2077.

I thought it was meant to be much later than that? I guess they shift the time-frame as well as size of crew etc in later series? Having Red Dwarf be set in a year that I might possibly live to just doesn’t feel right.

Ben Saunders

Yeah, they sort of shift to it being the 23rd century and there being 1,169 crew at the beginning of Series IV(?), I believe. It just makes more sense, really. 90 years might have felt enough time to Rob & Doug in the 80s, but it really was a good idea that they decided to change it. There are already “futuristic” events in Doctor Who, Back to the Future etc which have came and went, not in the way they “predicted”, which makes it feel a little anachronistic at best and illusion-shattering at worst.

Plastic Percy

‘Stasis Leak’ suggests they’re from the 21st Century, Lister’s comment in ‘D.N.A.’ implies he’s from the 23rd Century, but the onscreen caption in ‘Ouroboros’ has them as being from the 22nd Century. This ties up with the novels which has Lister being found in 2155.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.