Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Google+

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Phil
    Participant

Does anyone else have it?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/108751742120063675494

I like it better than Facebook in some ways.

Some.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I wanted to like it, but it’s failed miserably, hasn’t it? People simply aren’t using it, because it’s not actually offering anything different. I’d have loved to ditch Facebook entirely and use G+’s interface/features instead, but people didn’t make the change en masse. And if the people I used to have crushes on when I was a teenager aren’t on a particular social network, what’s the point in using it?

We’re past the point where a site can just show up doing the same things Facebook does and expect to win people over. The future, I think, is in social networks geared around a particular purpose/interest, but which also use your existing networks (e.g. Facebook and Twitter) to quickly assemble your groups – hence why This Is My Jam and Letterboxd work so well.

Phil
    Participant

>People simply aren’t using it

Absolutely the main problem.

>if the people I used to have crushes on when I was a teenager aren’t on a particular social network, what’s the point in using it?

Problem #2.

I’ve been told that it’s quite popular with “students” here in America, but I don’t know what level they’re referring to and I certainly haven’t seen any evidence of it, personally. I do know it’s extremely popular with marketing folks, for some pretty obvious reasons, but that’s a niche audience at best.

It is a shame. I love the interface, but it’s pretty moot if there’s nobody to interface with.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I would have…but didn’t recieve an invite in them early “by invitiation only” days. I could have probably asked somebody for one. but really, what’s the point if they haven’t thought about me. Right then and there I thought “Fuck you all and fuck your Google plus!!”

HelloMabel
    Participant

I don’t have Google+ yet, but some of my friends do. If enough switch over then I’ll switch too. Frankly I’ve had it up to here with Smegbook.

Ridley
    Participant

No! I don’t!

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

No! I don’t!

Morning, peasant…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.