Has a X-XII era script ever alluded to them being middle aged now?

Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Has a X-XII era script ever alluded to them being middle aged now?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Taiwan Tony 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Jump to bottom

• Author

tombow

Has there ever been a line such as “I can’t climb around asteroids like we used to, I get a stiff back now” etc. Or has every script treated them as Simpsons-ish ageless characters.

Toxteth O-Grady

Wasn’t the entire plot of ‘Krysis’ based around Kryten having a mid-life… crisis?

clem

There’s also the subplot about Cat needing glasses in Mechocracy, and Lister has his 50th birthday in M-Corp.

tombow

oh thanks, I’d forgotton about those.

Dave

Yeah, Lister’s birthday is the one that springs to mind most for me, but there have been a few references.

I like that they’re letting them age rather than keeping them artificially young.

Flap Jack

There’s that deleted Dear Dave scene where Rimmer says that Lister has “old sperm”, and I’m sure it must have been alluded to at least once in Fathers & Suns.

tombow

thanks. I was just rewatching X and I was thinking, some of these scripts are kind of generic in terms of how much time has passed. Other than the Kochanski references, you could put them in series 3 and not have to change any lines.

Warbofrog

It’s not as if many/any episodes in the early series are about them being young men in their 20s/30s either, more just adjusting to the loneliness in the first place. I’m glad it’s touched on occasionally now though, it makes continuing the series more justified if there are stories or even C-plots like Cat’s eyesight that they couldn’t have done 25 years ago.

quinn_drummer

Whilst the crew have all aged, Lister still believes Kochanski is 31

bloodteller

>Whilst the crew have all aged, Lister still believes Kochanski is 31

They were outside a room full of stasis booths containing who he thought to be Kochanski when he said this- the implication is that she was 31 the last time he saw her, and obviously if she’s been in stasis, she would still be 31. Because stasis booths freeze time and stuff

Lister was still 25 when he came out of stasis three million years later, so it makes sense for Kochanski to still be 31 if she comes out of stasis nine years later

Warbofrog

They’re waiting until Holly Earl who played Young Kochanski in Pete Part One turns 31 in 2023. Then Kochanski can come out of stasis and have steamy romantic scenes with an almost-twice-her-age Craig Charles.

Dave

It’s ok as by that point Lister will be played by the baby from Ouroboros.

Tarka Dal

“Then Kochanski can come out of stasis and have steamy romantic scenes with an almost-twice-her-age Craig Charles.”

I feel like I’ve never been away.

Plastic Percy

Fathers & Suns in a way is about Lister facing up to, in spite of his unique circumstances, the fact that he’s not really achieved too much in his life in a conventional sense.

Taiwan Tony

When I was in my late teens/twenties, I don’t think I ever alluded to my age, either.
    Now though, it’s all the time.

Jump to top / Jump to 'Recent Replies'

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.