Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum I AM STALKING CHRIS BARRIE’S MOVEMENTS IN 1987

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Hoare
    Participant

I’m currently watching Spitting Image Series 4, and was surprised to see a lack of Chris Barrie in the credits. So, I’ve just had a look at that thing which isn’t called Time Hole any more, and noticed that the first Spitting Image episode’s broadcast date clashed with the recording date for Me2 – 1st November 1987.

Now, he isn’t in the second episode either – 8th November 1987. But that must have been the seventh recording date of Dwarf Series 1, mainly used for re-recording huge chunks of The End. But up he pops in the third episode of Spitting Image, broadcast on 15th November.

All of which doesn’t reveal anything new, of course, beyond that Chris Barrie missed a couple of Spitting Image episodes because of Dwarf. But I find it interesting how everything pieces together like this!

Pete Part Three
    Participant

If you’re deliberately re-watching Spitting Image episodes on the 22nd anniversary of their broadcast, then I applaud your nerdtastic efforts.

I’m off to watch Me2, I guess.

John Hoare
    Participant

Actually, no – that hadn’t even crossed my mind! I’m an idiot.

A great sketch here which absolutely SCREAMS Rob and Doug (although I suppose it could be one of the other writers emulating their style):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAOSwEVIf1w

Blisschick
    Participant

>A great sketch here which absolutely SCREAMS Rob and Doug (although I suppose it could be one of the other writers emulating their style)

LMAO!! I think I actually knew a couple of those!

Too bad I only ever caught a few episodes over here. I was young with a new car and had other, more interesting things to do late night.

> I was young with a new car and had other, more interesting things to do late night.

Warhammer?

Blisschick
    Participant

Sorry, no. I was still living in the stone age then.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.