Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Iain Lee is a fucking cunt

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Just listening to The Lost Initiative which is Sky One’s official podcast about Lost, presented by Iain Lee*. One of the co-hosts mentions Red Dwarf and Iain went on the following (only slightly paraphrased) rant:

“Oh, don’t talk to me about Red Dwarf, I’m not going to listen, it’s rubbish. It’s just ‘smeg smeg smeg smeg smeg, oh look a cat, smeg smeg smeg. It’s not sci-fi, it’s not comedy, it’s RUBBISH”.

Well done Iain Lee, you fucking prick. He hasn’t got a fucking clue about Lost, either, the massive cunt, I fucking hate him. He can’t even spell Ian correctly, the WANKER.

* These are the things I do when I’m approaching the morning after a night unable to sleep.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

But, of course, we all know that.

Wayne
    Participant

Agreeing to appear on shows like that is what passes for his career these days………

Anonymous

All he seems to do these days is spout ill-informed views on “Top 100” shows.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – Iain Lee is great when he’s presenting programmes about video games. Put him on anything else, and he’s one of the biggest cocks on telly. I don’t understand why he’s yet to grasp this basic principle.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Daisy Donovan, Sasha Baron Cohen and Ricky Gervais have all gone on to better (?) things, but where’s Iain Lee. WHO?

Andrew
    Participant

While I don’t need to look to his own lack-of-success to prove his wrongness, I simply never understood the attitude he has (and one he shares with, among others, Andrew Collins). I don’t get how you can watch a full episode and come away with the impression that it’s a lowest-com-denom show based entirely on its own expletive.

I get if your only experience was Series I that it seemed only the comedy expletives were getting an audience reaction. I get thinking it’s big, knockabout stuff if you only saw VIII. I get it if someone doesn’t like Craig Charles on screen never has, and can’t get past it.

But how you watch a whole episode without having to acknowledge, at very least, that the show aspires to great ideas, invention, character humour, and smart plotting – that it tries for those things, even if you don’t believe it succeeds – I cannot comprehend.

John Hoare
    Participant

Yes, it’s odd.

One other thing I’ve noticed – separate from the Lee/Collins thing – is that some people who were really into the show when they were younger, now look back on Dwarf with something approaching – and sometimes actual – contempt. It’s something I’ve seen people do time and time again.

Changing tastes in comedy? Sure, and I know I can’t generalise – but I still suspect that with a lot of these people, Dwarf reminds them of what they were like when they were younger – and it’s not someone they like. So they transfer their dislike of themselves at that age onto Dwarf.

Dave
    Participant

>One other thing I?ve noticed – separate from the Lee/Collins thing

Bring Back…Red Dwarf?

pfm
    Participant

> But how you watch a whole episode without having to acknowledge, at very least, that the show aspires to great ideas, invention, character humour, and smart plotting

That’s quite simply answered – he’s never actually watched an episode! That’s what I think. He’s probably never watched Lost either. I bet he just bangs on about wanting to know what the ‘monster’ is.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> He?s probably never watched Lost either. I bet he just bangs on about wanting to know what the ?monster? is.

He spends most of the casts getting excited about his shite and obvious ‘theories’ while at the same time being a prick to the people who call in with genuinely interesting ideas. He’s a complete tool.

cliff
    Participant

……….

…..it is always best to avoid these potential room 101 candidates in life…small minded,petty thinking modo’s!…

..it would take so many years of de-briefing and re-education i have not the effort nor the time…

…i too very rarely use this word, but the statement is true!

iain lee is a cunt, yes….now get in with the nonses..

i think we should all live in australia and send these pricks over here!.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

All you Re Dwarf loving ballsacks stfu. all Iain Lee rocks you fucking twats the lot of you can go and stick all your crappy Red Dwarf dvds up your asses.

John Hoare
    Participant

I really like the fact somebody bothered to register just for this.

Phil
    Participant

I agree with our new commenter based solely on his avatar.

Ridley
    Participant

Didn’t Iain Lee interview Danny John-Jules on RI:SE once?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> All you Re Dwarf loving ballsacks stfu

You more of a fan of the longer, series specific documentaries, then?

Jonsmad
    Participant

“all Iain Lee rocks”

That sounds like a really good plan too. Lets all grab pointed flat ones and make him say multiple Jehovah’s

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Jonathan Capps sez…
    You more of a fan of the longer, series specific documentaries, then?

Oh, fucking win.

Jo
    Participant

All you Re Dwarf loving ballsacks stfu. all Iain Lee rocks you fucking twats the lot of you can go and stick all your crappy Red Dwarf dvds up your asses.

Well that told you didn’t it?!
    When you can clearly see that Iain Lee attracts intellectual heavyweights like this gentleman, surely you can’t fail to see the error of your ways.
    Now, all of you, go to your rooms and think about what you’ve done.

Oh, I’m certainly chastened. And I’m not even familiar with what the thread is about. After all, someone on the internet has told me he doesn’t think much of me or the people I hang out with. My world is shattered, I tell you. Shattered.

Jo
    Participant

*hands the Kleenex to Arlene*

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I really like the fact somebody bothered to register just for this.

I really like the fact Iain Lee registered just to do that.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I really like the fact Iain Lee registered just to do that.

My guess is that it was Iain Lee’s daughter.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Iain Lee is quite funny, but that was an silly thing to say. I keep forgetting to listen to his show on Virgin radio…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

>I keep forgetting to listen to his show on Virgin radio?

A ringing endorsement, there.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Indeed. It was much simpler when he was on LBC.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

A ringing…oh shut up, Tanya.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

No Iain is right Red Dwarf is the biggest piece of shit ever made.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google. After seeing the shdit you wrote about him he asked the listeners to send as much abuse as possible to you. Sadly I think I’m the only one who’s really been assed to do it.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

Iain Lee dosent have a daughter idiot no i’m a listener

…I think it’s trying to communicate.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google.

Will he be investigating the other 43,300 results that Google produces?

>Sadly I think I?m the only one who?s really been assed to do it.

Which says more about you than us.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Haha! I deliberately didn’t post on this thread at the time, because I worked with Iain Lee on a pilot and thought that he probably Googles his own name. I was right.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google. After seeing the shdit you wrote about him he asked the listeners to send as much abuse as possible to you.

If this is actually true, I think it’s my new favourite thing ever. I don’t suppose you know what Podcast he said this in and what episode it was?

> Sadly I think I?m the only one who?s really been assed to do it.

I’m delighted you went to the effort of uploading an avatar, too.

>No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google.

Which is, of course, good and healthy behavior emblematic of a completely well-balanced personality.

>After seeing the shdit [sic] you wrote about him he asked the listeners to send as much abuse as possible to you.

Which is even healthier! And makes him look like a veritable saint, it does.

>I?m delighted you went to the effort of uploading an avatar, too.

I’m of the opinion that it’s a self-portrait.

I like this one: http://www.rllmukforum.com/lofiversion/index.php?t181159.html

Check out the 3rd reply.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

that whole thread is about 70% Iain Lee bashing. He truly is popular.

Andrew
    Participant

http://iainlee.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=278402

Not sure who the text is meant to be referring to, but…

Ridley
    Participant

I worked with Iain Lee on a pilot

Greg Grunberg?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> http://iainlee.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=278402
    > Not sure who the text is meant to be referring to, but?

Reading the comments section of those Podcasts is very enlightening. If you can judge someone/something byt the quality of its fans, then… well, let’s just say Red Dwarf wins this round.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Well, Red Dwarf fans are quality.

>Well, Red Dwarf fans are quality.

Fuckin right doggie

Jo
    Participant

http://iainlee.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=343575

Apparently G&T are a bunch of fat virgins who have a rubbish website.
    Also some spot on Cappsy and Danny impressions there.

Phil
    Participant

IAIAN DO ME NEXT

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

To be fair, the “discovering food” comment made me laugh. Which – hey! – is probably a first for him.

You know, the fact that he thinks to google “Iain Lee cunt” suggests that he knows that a lot of people think he’s one. So you’d think that he’d have a bit more of a sense of humour about it. After that first comment I thought he was going to go on and be quite funny, but no, he just repeatedly calls everyone fat virgins. You’d think his time could have been better spent wondering WHY there are 44,300 results on Google for that particular search, and doing something about it.

Jo
    Participant

John, apparently your arse is up for rent.
    How do interested applicants apply?

What amuses me the most, aside from the excellent impressions, is that he posted his podcast on 27th May and it took till 10th August for his one listener to actually act on his instructions.
    I actually pity IainLeeRocksYouBallsacks now, he’s really rubbish at being Iain Lee’s only fan.

Ridley
    Participant

This is becoming The Biggest Douche in the Universe episode of South Park.

Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Daisy Donovan, Sasha Baron Cohen and Ricky Gervais have all gone on to better (?) things, but where?s Iain Lee. WHO?

I noticed he didn’t have much to say to that did he?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

“You’re all a bunch of fat virgins”

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics5/gemma-playcom-7a.jpg

Cunt.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.