Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Iain Lee is a fucking cunt

Viewing 95 posts - 1 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Just listening to The Lost Initiative which is Sky One’s official podcast about Lost, presented by Iain Lee*. One of the co-hosts mentions Red Dwarf and Iain went on the following (only slightly paraphrased) rant:

“Oh, don’t talk to me about Red Dwarf, I’m not going to listen, it’s rubbish. It’s just ‘smeg smeg smeg smeg smeg, oh look a cat, smeg smeg smeg. It’s not sci-fi, it’s not comedy, it’s RUBBISH”.

Well done Iain Lee, you fucking prick. He hasn’t got a fucking clue about Lost, either, the massive cunt, I fucking hate him. He can’t even spell Ian correctly, the WANKER.

* These are the things I do when I’m approaching the morning after a night unable to sleep.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

But, of course, we all know that.

Wayne
    Participant

Agreeing to appear on shows like that is what passes for his career these days………

Anonymous

All he seems to do these days is spout ill-informed views on “Top 100” shows.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – Iain Lee is great when he’s presenting programmes about video games. Put him on anything else, and he’s one of the biggest cocks on telly. I don’t understand why he’s yet to grasp this basic principle.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Daisy Donovan, Sasha Baron Cohen and Ricky Gervais have all gone on to better (?) things, but where’s Iain Lee. WHO?

Andrew
    Participant

While I don’t need to look to his own lack-of-success to prove his wrongness, I simply never understood the attitude he has (and one he shares with, among others, Andrew Collins). I don’t get how you can watch a full episode and come away with the impression that it’s a lowest-com-denom show based entirely on its own expletive.

I get if your only experience was Series I that it seemed only the comedy expletives were getting an audience reaction. I get thinking it’s big, knockabout stuff if you only saw VIII. I get it if someone doesn’t like Craig Charles on screen never has, and can’t get past it.

But how you watch a whole episode without having to acknowledge, at very least, that the show aspires to great ideas, invention, character humour, and smart plotting – that it tries for those things, even if you don’t believe it succeeds – I cannot comprehend.

John Hoare
    Participant

Yes, it’s odd.

One other thing I’ve noticed – separate from the Lee/Collins thing – is that some people who were really into the show when they were younger, now look back on Dwarf with something approaching – and sometimes actual – contempt. It’s something I’ve seen people do time and time again.

Changing tastes in comedy? Sure, and I know I can’t generalise – but I still suspect that with a lot of these people, Dwarf reminds them of what they were like when they were younger – and it’s not someone they like. So they transfer their dislike of themselves at that age onto Dwarf.

Dave
    Participant

>One other thing I?ve noticed – separate from the Lee/Collins thing

Bring Back…Red Dwarf?

pfm
    Participant

> But how you watch a whole episode without having to acknowledge, at very least, that the show aspires to great ideas, invention, character humour, and smart plotting

That’s quite simply answered – he’s never actually watched an episode! That’s what I think. He’s probably never watched Lost either. I bet he just bangs on about wanting to know what the ‘monster’ is.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> He?s probably never watched Lost either. I bet he just bangs on about wanting to know what the ?monster? is.

He spends most of the casts getting excited about his shite and obvious ‘theories’ while at the same time being a prick to the people who call in with genuinely interesting ideas. He’s a complete tool.

cliff
    Participant

……….

…..it is always best to avoid these potential room 101 candidates in life…small minded,petty thinking modo’s!…

..it would take so many years of de-briefing and re-education i have not the effort nor the time…

…i too very rarely use this word, but the statement is true!

iain lee is a cunt, yes….now get in with the nonses..

i think we should all live in australia and send these pricks over here!.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

All you Re Dwarf loving ballsacks stfu. all Iain Lee rocks you fucking twats the lot of you can go and stick all your crappy Red Dwarf dvds up your asses.

John Hoare
    Participant

I really like the fact somebody bothered to register just for this.

Phil
    Participant

I agree with our new commenter based solely on his avatar.

Ridley
    Participant

Didn’t Iain Lee interview Danny John-Jules on RI:SE once?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> All you Re Dwarf loving ballsacks stfu

You more of a fan of the longer, series specific documentaries, then?

Jonsmad
    Participant

“all Iain Lee rocks”

That sounds like a really good plan too. Lets all grab pointed flat ones and make him say multiple Jehovah’s

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Jonathan Capps sez…
    You more of a fan of the longer, series specific documentaries, then?

Oh, fucking win.

Jo
    Participant

All you Re Dwarf loving ballsacks stfu. all Iain Lee rocks you fucking twats the lot of you can go and stick all your crappy Red Dwarf dvds up your asses.

Well that told you didn’t it?!
    When you can clearly see that Iain Lee attracts intellectual heavyweights like this gentleman, surely you can’t fail to see the error of your ways.
    Now, all of you, go to your rooms and think about what you’ve done.

Oh, I’m certainly chastened. And I’m not even familiar with what the thread is about. After all, someone on the internet has told me he doesn’t think much of me or the people I hang out with. My world is shattered, I tell you. Shattered.

Jo
    Participant

*hands the Kleenex to Arlene*

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> I really like the fact somebody bothered to register just for this.

I really like the fact Iain Lee registered just to do that.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I really like the fact Iain Lee registered just to do that.

My guess is that it was Iain Lee’s daughter.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Iain Lee is quite funny, but that was an silly thing to say. I keep forgetting to listen to his show on Virgin radio…

Tanya Jones
    Participant

>I keep forgetting to listen to his show on Virgin radio?

A ringing endorsement, there.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Indeed. It was much simpler when he was on LBC.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

A ringing…oh shut up, Tanya.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

No Iain is right Red Dwarf is the biggest piece of shit ever made.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google. After seeing the shdit you wrote about him he asked the listeners to send as much abuse as possible to you. Sadly I think I’m the only one who’s really been assed to do it.

RedDwarfEatsCock
    Participant

Iain Lee dosent have a daughter idiot no i’m a listener

…I think it’s trying to communicate.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

>No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google.

Will he be investigating the other 43,300 results that Google produces?

>Sadly I think I?m the only one who?s really been assed to do it.

Which says more about you than us.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Haha! I deliberately didn’t post on this thread at the time, because I worked with Iain Lee on a pilot and thought that he probably Googles his own name. I was right.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google. After seeing the shdit you wrote about him he asked the listeners to send as much abuse as possible to you.

If this is actually true, I think it’s my new favourite thing ever. I don’t suppose you know what Podcast he said this in and what episode it was?

> Sadly I think I?m the only one who?s really been assed to do it.

I’m delighted you went to the effort of uploading an avatar, too.

>No in a Iain Lee podcast he looked this up by searching Iain Lee and cunt in the same sentance in google.

Which is, of course, good and healthy behavior emblematic of a completely well-balanced personality.

>After seeing the shdit [sic] you wrote about him he asked the listeners to send as much abuse as possible to you.

Which is even healthier! And makes him look like a veritable saint, it does.

>I?m delighted you went to the effort of uploading an avatar, too.

I’m of the opinion that it’s a self-portrait.

I like this one: http://www.rllmukforum.com/lofiversion/index.php?t181159.html

Check out the 3rd reply.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

that whole thread is about 70% Iain Lee bashing. He truly is popular.

Andrew
    Participant

http://iainlee.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=278402

Not sure who the text is meant to be referring to, but…

Ridley
    Participant

I worked with Iain Lee on a pilot

Greg Grunberg?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> http://iainlee.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=278402
    > Not sure who the text is meant to be referring to, but?

Reading the comments section of those Podcasts is very enlightening. If you can judge someone/something byt the quality of its fans, then… well, let’s just say Red Dwarf wins this round.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Well, Red Dwarf fans are quality.

>Well, Red Dwarf fans are quality.

Fuckin right doggie

Jo
    Participant

http://iainlee.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=343575

Apparently G&T are a bunch of fat virgins who have a rubbish website.
    Also some spot on Cappsy and Danny impressions there.

Phil
    Participant

IAIAN DO ME NEXT

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

To be fair, the “discovering food” comment made me laugh. Which – hey! – is probably a first for him.

You know, the fact that he thinks to google “Iain Lee cunt” suggests that he knows that a lot of people think he’s one. So you’d think that he’d have a bit more of a sense of humour about it. After that first comment I thought he was going to go on and be quite funny, but no, he just repeatedly calls everyone fat virgins. You’d think his time could have been better spent wondering WHY there are 44,300 results on Google for that particular search, and doing something about it.

Jo
    Participant

John, apparently your arse is up for rent.
    How do interested applicants apply?

What amuses me the most, aside from the excellent impressions, is that he posted his podcast on 27th May and it took till 10th August for his one listener to actually act on his instructions.
    I actually pity IainLeeRocksYouBallsacks now, he’s really rubbish at being Iain Lee’s only fan.

Ridley
    Participant

This is becoming The Biggest Douche in the Universe episode of South Park.

Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Daisy Donovan, Sasha Baron Cohen and Ricky Gervais have all gone on to better (?) things, but where?s Iain Lee. WHO?

I noticed he didn’t have much to say to that did he?

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

“You’re all a bunch of fat virgins”

http://www.ukresistance.co.uk/pics5/gemma-playcom-7a.jpg

Cunt.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Fucking hell, he’s discovered food!

Andrew
    Participant

My comment was credited to Performing Monkey. I demand a retraction.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

If only there was worse phrase than “fucking cunt”, so we could crank it up a notch.

Oh no, wait; there is. “Iain Lee’s IMDb Page”.

pfm
    Participant

He probably thought he’d rather say ‘performingmonkey’ than ‘Andrew’ because it sounds worse.

Iain Lee is just like loads of idiotic twats out there, only unlike most of them he’s sometimes on the radio or TV. I feel the same way about Chris Moyles (I bet there’s at least 4 of you on here who fucking love him though)

Andrew
    Participant

> I feel the same way about Chris Moyles (I bet there?s at least 4 of you on here who fucking love him though)

Aye.

ScarranHalfBreed
    Participant

Has he never heard of editing? That was hard to listen to. Most of it was tuneless banging on a piano. With his penis. (In my mind.)

ChrisM
    Participant

“I have watched Red Dwarf the first time round.”

Um… so did he base his assessment on just the first series? Or even just the first episode?

I’ll admit, when I watched The End the first time (I’m that old… although I was quite young at the time.) I didn’t like it much either. In fact I didn’t watch it again until Series 3: Marooned… and made complete U turn.

Ironically if I’d stuck with the first series instead of making a premature judgment call, I’d have gotten to see the excellent Future Echoes….

(Actually I don’t mind The End now either… )

Point is, I wonder if he ever even gave the show a chance.

Andrew
    Participant

I think we’re undervaluing the service being done here. After all, there are some seriously ancient jokes being used here, and their preservation is essentially a gift for any antique enthusiast. “Nerds are virgins” hasn’t been a viable gag for years, and without this podcast would no doubt vanish into obscurity.

If we ask nicely do you think he’ll do some “Backs against the wall” jokes about Teh Gays?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I thought Iain Lee’s whole shtick was that HE’s a nerd? All his work seems to come from spin-offs from cult shows (Lost podcasts, BBLB) and TV programmes about videogames.

I’m forgetting The 11 O’ Clock Show, of course. But that’s thanks to years of therapy.

Ben Kirkham
    Participant

Iain Lee is a boring, talentless hack who has never made me laugh. He just hangs on for a bit of fame. Chris Moyles is also blessed with cuntishness. Iain, do us a favour, spell your forename (THAT’S YOUR FIRST NAME) correctly and pick a surname that is actually a surname, then type that into Google because it’d be a FUCK of a lot more interesting.

Cunt (Iain Lee).

Iain Lee….not only do I think you’re a cunt but after listening to that your also a fucking cry baby.
    I mean come on…a few people who you’ll probably never met call you a cunt and you throw a hissie fit….grow up man

ChrisM
    Participant

I just saw him on BBLB in the camera-run no less.

(Oh dear, I just admitted I watch BBLB.)

I don’t hate Iain Lee like many seem to, but he does remind me a lot of one of those humorous schoolkids. You know, one of those popular boys who gets by in ridiculing those less fortunate… in a geniuinely amusing way admittedly. He even looks like a big teenager.

EDIT- By my comment on ‘those less fortunate’ I wasn’t suggesting that we of this site are in that category. I was just comparing him to those boys who act in such a way.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

One of the best bits is his assertion that he knows far more about Lost than Cappsy. The classic cry of the nerd, in other words.

Nakrophile
    Participant

Time for another ringing endorsement, I think…

Shindiggery, eh? I have been meaning to listen to one ever since he started it. And I can’t be bothered to listen to this one. I will make an extra-special effort to listen to his Virgin show this Sunday, though.

Y’know, I haven’t listened to this podcast of his–partly out of laziness, partly because I only have a shitty 56k connection. However, based on the fact that he’s either so desperate for some kind of attention or he has such a spectacularly thin skin that he’s trying to stir up trouble over an insult on the Internet–one of over forty thousand, no less–I must say that he’s doing absolutely nothing for this particular segment of the international market (i.e., me).

…Well, okay, that’s a lie. It sorta tickles the part of me that loves watching flame wars and other internet trainwrecks. Excuse me while I get some popcorn…

Dax101
    Participant

wow i used to think this guy was funny and half respect him, but once he started reading the comments you u could hear the spiteful bitterness in his voice

i noticed he used the words cunts and virgins alot, thats a pathetic reaction for a school boy let alone a grown man mr lee :)

its like… woah! time out mr lee, the word cunt might be a big deal to you, but try getting some and u might see that its not such a big deal XD

what a twat!

Tanya Jones
    Participant

>> I feel the same way about Chris Moyles (I bet there?s at least 4 of you on here who fucking love him though)

>Aye.

You betcha. It’s a real shame that people who don’t like his style can’t credit him with having so much love for radio that he’s managed to bring back sung jingles to Radio 1. He puts more energy into his show than any other DJ I’ve heard.

Andrew
    Participant

> He puts more energy into his show than any other DJ I?ve heard

Plus you’d think the sheer number of Partridge references he makes would count for something round these parts…

ChrisM
    Participant

Plus you?d think the sheer number of Partridge references he makes would count for something round these parts?

Yeah… mmm patridge… good eating..

Sorry. Just kidding.

John Hoare
    Participant

So, in summary: I am great at SEO.

pfm
    Participant

I just think he’s a dick is all. It’s OK having an arrogant, smug DJ persona actually ON the radio, it was when I realised that’s genuinely who he is that I went off him. It’s like a bad joke. His show’s good, though let’s face, the Breakfast Show IMO has had shit presenters for over a decade, so he was naturally going to be an improvement. Surely no-one’s had the job for this long in years. I remember Mark and Lard doing it for about two minutes, that was before Zoe Ball started.

Andrew
    Participant

> I just think he?s a dick is all. It?s OK having an arrogant, smug DJ persona actually ON the radio, it was when I realised that?s genuinely who he is that I went off him.

Based upon…?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Oh good, another Chris Moyles argument.

pfm
    Participant

His speech in this clip is a (regrettably only) small example of why I don’t like him. Unlike Ricky Gervais (who I would say has a similar marmite factor) who just takes the piss when he receives an award like this, you know that Moyles genuinely means every fucking word. Also, the singing at the end. I remember how bitter he was when he didn’t win that celebrity singing thing, it was either Fame Academy or that duets series (Just The Two Of Us?).

It’s irrelevant though. He’s good at his job, that’s the important thing. I think I just have a thing against DJs in general (usually Radio 1). Jo Whiley I’m not a fan of at all. I hate how she’s supposedly seen as some kind of important voice in the world of music, it’s complete bullshit. DJs like her are just arse-kissers (or kiss-arse’s, if you like). It would be interesting to see what the shows would be like presented by people with real knowledge of music. Oh but wait, it’s Radio 1. And can someone tell me why the Live Lounge always seems to be someone doing a Coldplay or Amy Winehouse cover? I did like R.E.M. doing a cover of Editors’ Munich though. What I really want to see is Metallica on there covering Gabriella Whatsherfuck’s (Cilmi) Sweet About Me. Incidentally, does anyone actually believe she’s as young as they’re saying she is? She looks young in the videos but onstage she looked about 40 to me!

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

>I hate how she?s supposedly seen as some kind of important voice in the world of music, it?s complete bullshit.

It’s because she used to co-host the Evening Session. She rode on the coat-tails of Lamacq’s knowledge, authority and brilliance, so everyone thought she was this similarly knowledgeable music lover. Plus, she wore Doc Martens and had a husky voice, so the indie kids loved her.

Then she got her own show and started playing all the most absolutely middle-of-the-road, dinner-party-background shite imaginable. Joss Stone’s cover version of “Fell In Love With A Girl” basically sums up Jo Whiley’s show in its entirety.

Tanya Jones
    Participant

PM, that clip of Moyles certainly doesn’t show him at his most modest, but that’s not a problem in my eyes, because he’s right; he’s been good for a long time, and that hasn’t been recognised until now. I have the opposite reaction to you regarding Gervais, but then I haven’t listened to him as much as I’ve listened to Moyles; and perhaps that’s the key to understanding both of them.

Even though I’m not much of a muso, I’ve never rated Jo Whiley either; as far as I can see, her show consists of her telling the nation that everyone she plays are ‘great’. At least Moyles will say so if he doesn’t like a song on the playlist!

Joey TORDFC
    Participant

>>Even though I?m not much of a muso, I?ve never rated Jo Whiley either; as far as I can see, her show consists of her telling the nation that everyone she plays are ?great?. At least Moyles will say so if he doesn?t like a song on the playlist!

This.

I flippin’ love Chris Moyles and no I will not justify it.

Andrew
    Participant

> it was when I realised that?s genuinely who he is that I went off him

Best part of this? It’s based on footage of a pissed-up awards event with cameras and an audience. Definitely the ideal way to gauge a person’s real-life personality, there.

Jonsmad
    Participant

A little while back I mentioned on here that G&T’s Dwarfcasts had shown me how
    fan’s chatting together could sucessfully make entertaining amature entertainment,
    and that this inspired me in other web projects to get into podcasting.

By linking to this shithingery podcast, I listened, I now also have a greater appreciation of how one semi-professional broadcaster can almost completely fail to achieve any entertainment value at all in the same media, and so I have gained a useful set of pointers on what to completely avoid when making podcasts.

What I find funny about this is not so much the fact that he has… “googled cunt, taken supposed offence to being called one by a post here, and then only retaliated by just calling you all cunts”… as it is the fact that my knowledge of G&T’s prefered use of language and humour, especially in headlines, means that
    he probably couldnt have found anyone less likely to be offended by being called that word, and so Iain Lee calling you all cunts, is pretty much like him singing this websites theme tune.

write the theme tune…sing the theme tune.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster
    Dave
    Participant
    Austin Ross
    Participant

Here’s my ringing endorsement: I’ve never heard of Iain Lee. I think we’re both better off that way.

TheLeen
    Participant

Hust read the article. Ha Ha Ha!

Phil
    Participant

Okay. Iain Lee sucks. He just, he… he just sucks. He sucks so hard. Iain Lee uses women. The end.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I find it quite funny, because as I explain to people the story of this Iain Lee podcast, it always starts off with the same questions:

“have you heard of Iain Lee?”
    “no.”
    “He used to do ‘The 11 O’clock show’, do you remember that?”
    “no.”

Iain Lee, A truly well-known ‘celebrity’.

Anonymous
    Inactive

deleted

Zombie Jim Undead
    Participant

Ha…finally got around to listening to this.

Fuck me…what a rambling, empty podcast. Anyways…the Ganymede and Titan criticisms – most amusing. Like the way he cherry-picks part of posts that aren’t too cutting / close to the truth.

What a shit of a fellow. At least he has a method of cathartic self-healing when faced with the reality of how many people think he’s a talentless cunt with a shell of a career.

Dave
    Participant

Iain Lee (of cunt fame) twittered about my blog. Not thoroughly, wittily or eloquently:
    https://twitter.com/iainlee/status/1098358111

Weird

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Oh, YOU’RE Mr Carruthers!

Right, I can finally accept your Facebook request, then ;-)

Incidentally, on the Iain Lee front : he definitely won’t ever be mentioned in a future Dwarfcast. Noooo.

Phil
    Participant

Maybe he sat on his twitter.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Oh, YOU?RE Mr Carruthers!

Right, I can finally accept your Facebook request, then ;-)

Now I feel guilty about rejecting Mr Carruthers’s Facebook request…

Phil
    Participant

He’s posted the link here a bunch of times, you nipple heads.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You expect me to *read* G&T?

Phil
    Participant

Touche.

Viewing 95 posts - 1 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.