Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum It’s better than a box!

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Due to circumstances completely out of my control, I’m now the proud owner of an XBox 360. I’m Old Casual Jim if you want to add me, like.

That is all.

Alex
    Participant

It’s fairly rare I use the thing these days, but added all the same with the highly original gamertag of AlexNewsome.

si
    Participant

I’m digging out the Atari 2600.

James
    Participant

Hope you’ve got a woody

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Adding you now, Cappsy. I’m MeaneyLlew.

Jo
    Participant

Jam Shambles is me :)

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

Apparently your friends list is full, Ben, you popular sod.

p2p_productions
    Participant

‘ Prawn Vindaloo ‘

>Apparently your friends list is full, Ben, you popular sod.

Confirmed. :)

Phil
    Participant

Mine is ChickenBrutus, or Chicken Brutus. I forget. I boot it up about once every six months and literally never take it online.

Be sure to add me!

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

How could I resist?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

I have one….but can’t remember last time it was switched on. One of those purchases I was sure would eat away at all my free time…then didn’t. You may be surprised to know that I am on there as ori-STUDFARM……or maybe oriSTUDFARM. One of the two….

Pete Part Three
    Participant

TwistedDelivery. But I bought it when I was drunk (really), rarely play it and, when I do, mainly end up playing Fifa 2009. I do have a few online capable games like Halo 3 and whatnot but, on the rare instances that I go online with it, I end up getting pwned liked the n00b I am.

>ori-STUDFARM

What’s the etymology of this?

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

It started years ago with Final Fantasy VII. I was showing the game to a mate and we renamed the main character(Cloud) as Studfarm thinking it would be funny (which i think it was). Then, years later, I was asked for a username for a popular online auction website…and Studfarm sprung to mind. It was already taken and so, after a few attempts at a free name, I went for orig-STUDFARM. Orig obviously being short for original. When I first registered with a forum, I accidently dropped the “G” in a typo….and voila!

It seems really silly now that I think about it. Gives the total wrong impression of me… But, I use the name in so many places, it might actually be easier to change my real name to ori-STUDFARM than drop it.

Everybody should feel free to call me Antony though…or just Ant if you want.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’ve just pruned my Friends List™, so anyone what wants to add me should be able to now.

HelloMabel
    Participant

>But, I use the name in so many places, it might actually be easier to change my real name to ori-STUDFARM than drop it. Everybody should feel free to call me Antony though…or just Ant if you want.

You’re right, changing to Ant may prove difficult. I haven’t even been on G&T a year yet, but since you post so often, I think of you as ori-STUDFARM, the guy in the stormtrooper costume. (I believe STUDFARM being in all caps is also a contributing factor.)

But ‘ori’ instead of ‘original’ – I could see that becoming a trendy new abbreve.

Jo
    Participant

>I’ve just pruned my Friends List™

INHICTB

Ben Paddon
    Participant

“Friends”, “Lists”, and “Friends Lists” are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation. Probably.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

“Friends”, “Lists”, and “Friends Lists” are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Corporation. Probably.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

You only have a problem if your friend is called Craig and he has a list

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I have a list of Craigs, if that’s of any use to anybody.

Carlito
    Participant

> You’re right, changing to Ant may prove difficult. I haven’t even been on G&T a year yet, but since you post so often, I think of you as ori-STUDFARM

When we met at the RDX Ep 2 recording, I literally just thought of you as “Ori”, as though that was actually your name (even though you did mention it was Ant). It seems so fitting, I was happy to just think of you as Ori.

ChrisM
    Participant

A while back I met up with some guys from the 2000 AD web board a couple of times in London. It was rather weird that a couple of them actually called me by the screeen name I go by on that board.

“See you later Mardroid.”

Oh dear.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

I’ve never called Cappsy anything other than Cappsy. I can’t call him John, or Jonathan, or John BECAUSE THAT’S NOT HIS NAME. HIS NAME IS CAPPSY.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Most people I’ve met via the internet tend to call me ori. Which I’m okay with…although it would be nice to be called STUDFARM just once. You know, to see what it sounds like.

I’m also really anal about the capitalisation too. I hate to see ori capitalised in any way. Don’t know what that is all about!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Your nickname was never ori. Maybe orifice.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

It was actually……it’s just that nobody ever called me it

HelloMabel
    Participant

>Your nickname was never ori. Maybe orifice.

*Applause* (for the reference rather than the sentiment, of course.)

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

In fairness to Ben, he probably got the sentiment correct too.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.