Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Jokes you don't/didn't get

Viewing 100 posts - 401 through 500 (of 508 total)
  • Author
    GlenTokyo
    Participant

I’m with the “shit drink” argument too, because surely Cinzano rosso would be the one that stained, not bianco? Unless it’s so acidic it eats the varnish or something.

I mean, it would stain a bit because it’s got some colour, it’s not water, but not to a jokeworthy degree in my opinion.

Dave
    Participant

I’ve always read the joke as being that it marks the table.

The other reading had never occured to me and feels like it requires too much mental gymnastics for a quick gag.

But I do think that part of it is just that it’s perceived as a shit drink and so a good punchline.

We need the Quarantine commentaries to come back and clear this one up.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Um, yeah. It’s because Lister/R&D think it’s gross.

The “stain reading” is good but there are surely better candidates for that joke than Cinzano Bianco which appears almost clear in bottles.

Dave
    Participant

The “couldn’t get rid of me” line just doesn’t read for me like someone talking about something they don’t like, more like something that’s impossible to shift. It’s saying it’s like turps or something.

Either way it’s really interesting that we all interpret so many of these gags differently but still find them funny. It just shows how much of the humour is in the rhythm, delivery and construction of the joke as much as the meaning.

The drink maybe clear, but if you think about it being on a pool table it would be staining green felt which would be noticeable whatever the colour.

Dave
    Participant

It’s also more about the strength and general nastiness of it than the colour I think.

clem
    Participant

Yeah I’m leaning towards stain. Maybe Rosso would be worse but Dave “Cinzano Rosso” Lister somehow doesn’t sound as funny. And maybe there actually was a Cinzano Bianco spillage and resultant stain on the pool table in the Aigburth Arms, and that’s how whoever it was came up with the nickname, in universe I mean, rather than by thinking of a drink that *would* cause a bad stain.

Unrumble
    Participant

Always been the ‘drink no-one likes’ interpretation for me

Pete Part Three
    Participant

It’s basically “no bugger’ll drink it” again.

Oh, and if it *was* a stain, it wouldn’t be a stain *on a pool table* as that would be contrary to the point of the word play of the joke. The “table” in the analogy is a standard pub or bar table, not a pool table.

Dave
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t think it’s about spilling it on a pool table.

clem
    Participant

It’s basically “no bugger’ll drink it” again.

Oh, and if it *was* a stain, it wouldn’t be a stain *on a pool table* as that would be contrary to the point of the word play of the joke. The “table” in the analogy is a standard pub or bar table, not a pool table.

“The table” isn’t necessarily part of the wordplay though. Lister could be analogous to a Cinzano Bianco stain – they’re both “on” a pool table in different senses, and difficult to get off.

Yeah, it would be like say “Dave is like when you spill Cinzano Bianco on a pool table, you can never get rid of it”

clem
    Participant

Or even “Nobody can get Dave off the table tonight. He’s like that mark next to the middle pocket from when Frank spilt his Cinzano the other night.”

si
    Participant

clem – I always thought the same as Ian – Cinzano as a drink that no-one wanted.

But I.D. pointing out the indelible staining…well, actually, that does make more sense.

Best to just ask Rob or Doug next time we see them.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

I don’t think it does make more sense. Why would Lister give a shit about how hard something is to clean? He’s never cleaned anything in his life.

I don’t think he’d know what was and wasn’t hard to remove.

Cinzano Bianco and later Advocaat are the shit drinks nobody wants at a gathering when you’ve exhausted the beer, vodka, wine, gin etc.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

“They used to call me Dave “Cinzano Bianco” Lister ‘cause once I was on the table, you couldn’t get rid of me.”

I was all for the staining being plausible, because any liquid not thoroughly cleaned from baize (or left to sink in and dry up on wood without being wiped up) would leave a watermark even if not a colour. But then I wondered – why would *open* bottles or glasses of a drink nobody likes be left on pool tables (or even just general ordinary tables) to be knocked over so often and cause so many stains that it’s notorious for it? If nobody likes it, they wouldn’t have ordered it anyway to leave a glass around to be knocked over. It might be plausible if people order it for their friends as a joke, but for that to happen so often that stains are attributed to it enough for it to become notorious seems a bit of a stretch.

The ‘can’t get rid of’ implies attempts to, and I don’t know how often pubs would worry about trying to get rid of stains – I genuinely don’t, but my impression of pubs from the rare occasion I’ve been in one is sticky beer mats and sticky tables. Very much not my area though so I could be wrong.

Dave
    Participant

This discussion has inspired me to argue to the death that Holly really is offering Rimmer a ham with his homework.

You never had homework ham Dave?

I don’t think it does make more sense. Why would Lister give a shit about how hard something is to clean? He’s never cleaned anything in his life.

Now this is definitely thinking about it too much. Plus, it’s not what Lister says, it’s what other people call him.

I understand the other interpretation, but the wording feels totally wrong. The line says you can only not get rid of it “once it’s on the table”. Which suggests that, if a bottle of Cinzano Bianco is not on a table (???), you CAN’T get rid of it. For both clauses of the sentence to work, it being on a table has to be relevant.
    It’s possible that the joke is only relevant to the final clause, in which case it would make sense, but the structure of it really feels like the full thing is the joke.

Dave
    Participant

The frog is dead.

The capitalised CAN’T there should have read CAN, obviously.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

The frog is dead.

Yes, I think we need a new thread; “Lines we’ve analysed so excessively, they’re now devoid of any humour whatsoever”.

Dave
    Participant

Or we could just rename this one.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Or, at a pinch, we could rename this one.

For what it’s worth, I’ve asked both Doug and Rob on Twitter. I’m sure their answers will be forthcoming.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Ut oh. This debate is what split them up in the first place.

The subtext of both Backwards and Last Human is actually their take on the underlying meaning of the joke.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Now this is definitely thinking about it too much. Plus, it’s not what Lister says, it’s what other people call him.
    I understand the other interpretation, but the wording feels totally wrong. The line says you can only not get rid of it “once it’s on the table”. Which suggests that, if a bottle of Cinzano Bianco is not on a table (???), you CAN’T get rid of it. For both clauses of the sentence to work, it being on a table has to be relevant.
    It’s possible that the joke is only relevant to the final clause, in which case it would make sense, but the structure of it really feels like the full thing is the joke.

You’re at a party, there’s a drinks table, full of cans of stuff, wine, bottles of spirits, at the end of the night, the popular drinks will be long off the table and pissed into the nearest toilet or potted plant.

The unpopular drinks, your Cinzano Bianco and Advocaat, will still be on the table because nobody wants them, which makes them hard to get rid of for the host.

I’m sure we’ve all had a bottle of something that was rank and tried to fob it off on guests before eventually realising you should just throw it out.

But I just think if you were writing something like that, you would draw from some kind of knowledge, for example, I might say something was more infuriating to fix than a non manifold mesh (if I was particularly sad and boring) because I know about that. Lister and his social group who gave him the nickname, or more accurately Rob and Doug, are in my opinion more likely to draw from a knowledge base of what does and doesn’t go down well at parties and social gatherings, than what leaves the most awkward stains on a bit of fabric.

clem
    Participant

The kind of doo you bring a bottle to sounds a little bit too civilised for a young Lister. What seems much more his milieu is a dive bar, “a backstreet Scouse drinking pit” as Rimmer calls it, where you can well imagine there’s a stain caused by a spilled drink on the pool table that’s been there for ages and the regulars are all aware of. And that’s where he was when he got the nickname, in the pub, where the thing about the drinks nobody wants being out on the tables doesn’t make sense. I realise I’m probably getting too embroiled in the diegetic logic of it there, and of course you’re right to point out that irl it was Rob and Doug who wrote the joke and came up with the nickname. Plus there’s the line in Tikka Ian mentioned.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

The kind of doo you bring a bottle to sounds a little bit too civilised for a young Lister. What seems much more his milieu is a dive bar, “a backstreet Scouse drinking pit” as Rimmer calls it, where you can well imagine there’s a stain caused by a spilled drink on the pool table that’s been there for ages and the regulars are all aware of. And that’s where he was when he got the nickname, in the pub, where the thing about the drinks nobody wants being out on the tables doesn’t make sense. Possibly I’m getting too embroiled in the diegetic logic of it there, and of course you’re right to point out that irl it was Rob and Doug who wrote the joke and came up with the nickname. Plus there’s the line in Tikka Ian mentioned.

I’m talking student house party, everyone goes to Tesco Express on the way and when you get there you add it to the wallpaper table/dining table full of Stella and smartprice gin. If not a table, the side next to the fridge etc.

I get what your saying but I’ve never gone into a pub and worried about a stain, unless it was brown and on the seat I was about to sit on.

tombow
    Participant

people don’t like advocaat?

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, one more key piece of evidence to consider. Imagine you’re a comedy writer (or a pair of comedy writers) in the early 90s. You are writing dialogue for a sitcom.

Scenario A: You’re writing a joke about a drink that nobody likes. Which drink do you choose as your go-to “drink that nobody likes”, that a contemporary audience would understand? Cinzano Bianco? Quite possibly.

Scenario B: You’re writing a joke about a drink that leaves a stain. Which drink do you choose as your go-to “drink that leaves a stain”, that a contemporary audience would understand? Cinzano Bianco? Of course you fucking don’t. That would be ludicrous – it’s a clear liquid. Yes, it would leave a stain of some description if it was spilled on baize, like almost any liquid would, but it being a drink that stains is not a key property of the drink. You’d go for red wine, clearly, the drink that’s featured in a thousand adverts for laundry detergent and carpet cleaner, the drink that is notorious for leaving hard-to-shift stains. There are dozens of drinks higher up the “that’ll leave a stain” pecking order than Cinzano Bianco, including literally every single one that’s not a clear liquid.

Put simply: yes, the “leaving a stain” interpretation makes sense as a piece of English language comprehension, but there is no way in hell that that’s the joke Grant Naylor were writing.

Dave
    Participant

But “Dave ‘red wine’ Lister” isn’t funny.

Maybe Cinzano Bianco was a really well accomplished Italian pool player in the 23rd century.

Dave
    Participant

This is a Cinzano Bianco situation, end of conversation.

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

Doug’s “Taiwan Tony”… feck that was horrible.

I can’t wait for Doug to “top” the racism of Taiwan Tony by having Rimmer or Kryten claim the Cat has “niggeritis”.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

You’ve been on the wind-up for the last week or so now, and I’ve been ignoring you, but well done, you’ve forced me into a reaction. Perhaps the best way to complain about racist jokes isn’t to post a racial slur. Don’t do that again.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

But “Dave ‘red wine’ Lister” isn’t funny.

Although the bit in Stasis Leak when Lister is bemoaning the kind of person that routinely drinks wine does show that Craig Charles can make ‘wine’ sound funny.

It would be a strange nickname for his social group to have given him though anyway, with wine being considered way above his class.

Flap Jack
    Participant

Why do women always leave me for total smegheads? Why do they dump me for men who wear turtleneck sweaters and smoke a tobacco pipe? I mean, Yeo Valley Natural Organic Yoghurt eaters! Reliable, sensible, dependable, and lots of other words that end in “-ible.” He’s obsessed with house prices, and spends half his life in antique fairs looking for bargains and drinking Cinzano Bianco. It’s never Leopard Lager, is it, it’s always Cinzano Bianco! “What do you want on your Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut, darling?” “Oh, I’ll have some Cinzano Bianco, please!” Smeg!

Flap Jack
    Participant

Related to the above and the general topic: I don’t know how long it was before I realised that a “natural yoghurt eater” is someone who eats natural yoghurt specifically, not someone with a predisposition for eating yoghurt in general.

Dave
    Participant

It’s prince of the planet potters all over again.

Hamish
    Participant

I think we all might just have to come to the conclusion that the Cinzano Bianco joke might just be a bit crap.

Dave
    Participant

But once you start discussing it in a thread, you can’t get rid of it.

Related to the above and the general topic: I don’t know how long it was before I realised that a “natural yoghurt eater” is someone who eats natural yoghurt specifically, not someone with a predisposition for eating yoghurt in general.

I believe we’ve experienced this moment in time before sir.

Either I have ESP or this very conversation has been had on here not that long ago.

I’m with you though, I thought he meant people with a pre-disposition to eating yoghurt.

I think we all might just have to come to the conclusion that the Cinzano Bianco joke might just be a bit crap.

Ya know, it’s comments like this that then basically leave me with no other option but to go out and buy a bottle of the stuff just so I can form an opinion on it myself. And I was quite happy being ignorant to it’s taste and just jolly well enjoying (and overly discussing) the joke.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

But once you start discussing it in a thread, you can’t get rid of it.

Very good!

Dave
    Participant

Ya know, it’s comments like this that then basically leave me with no other option but to go out and buy a bottle of the stuff just so I can form an opinion on it myself. And I was quite happy being ignorant to it’s taste and just jolly well enjoying (and overly discussing) the joke.

The whole joke was just the Cinzano Bianco product placement sponsors playing the long game.

clem
    Participant

people don’t like advocaat?

I like a Snowball at Christmas.

Flap Jack
    Participant

I believe we’ve experienced this moment in time before sir.
    Either I have ESP or this very conversation has been had on here not that long ago.
    I’m with you though, I thought he meant people with a pre-disposition to eating yoghurt.

You know, I did have a feeling of deja vu when I was writing it. A use of G&T’s handy new forum search feature reveals that it was brought up in July 2019 in the ‘Misheard lines’ thread by prolific poster curtis, and some discussion ensued, including from you. So there you go.

It fits better here though, because it wasn’t a misheard line, it was a misunderstood line!

At least it wasn’t already mentioned in this exact thread. That would have been embarrassing.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

What an idiot that “curtis” is, he’ll never make anything of himself in Red Dwarf fandom.

I have tried Cinzano Bianco exactly once, in the actual Aigburth Arms in around 2003. It was not very nice, especially compared to the pints of erskib and the dry white wine and Perrier that we also ordered.

Dave
    Participant

What an idiot that “curtis” is, he’ll never make anything of himself in Red Dwarf fandom.

Looking back at that earlier post he certainly did provide some thread gold.

clem
    Participant

Yeah what a TOSser!

Ridley
    Participant

Why do women always leave me for total smegheads? Why do they dump me for men who wear turtleneck sweaters and smoke a tobacco pipe? I mean, Yeo Valley Natural Organic Yoghurt eaters! Reliable, sensible, dependable, and lots of other words that end in “-ible.” He’s obsessed with house prices, and spends half his life in antique fairs looking for bargains and drinking Cinzano Bianco. It’s never Leopard Lager, is it, it’s always Cinzano Bianco! “What do you want on your Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut, darling?” “Oh, I’ll have some Cinzano Bianco, please!” Smeg!

Fridge-id.

Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut, darling?” “Oh, I’ll have some Cinzano Bianco, please!”

Sainsbury’s sell (and I bought a box) of shredded wheat filled with mince meat. That sentence now has me tempted to use Bailey’s instead of milk at some point.

Flap Jack
    Participant

ME: “Look, don’t be afraid. I’m going to make you the king of Dwarf fandom. All you’ve got to do is listen very, very carefully.”

2019 ME: (nods)

ME: “Right, this is the plan. You’re going to be the first on Ganymede & Titan to mention a certain linguistic ambiguity.”

OTHER USER: “Ganymede and Titan?”

ME: “No, &! You know, as an ampersand! The one in the title of the site we’re currently on! Will you shut up? I’m trying to talk to the man!”

ME (cont.): “Are you listening? There’s a bit in Red Dwarf where Lister describes someone as a ‘natural yoghurt eater’…”

OTHER USER: “Like when they’re trying to find Kochanski in Stasis Leak?”

ME: “Look, do you mind, curtis? This is a private conversation. Go back to coming up with Ideas for an episode.”

Ben Saunders
    Participant

“Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut, darling?” “Oh, I’ll have some Cinzano Bianco, please!”

Cinzano Bianco is just wine for wankers

Pete Part Three
    Participant

I have tried Cinzano Bianco exactly once, in the actual Aigburth Arms in around 2003. It was not very nice, especially compared to the pints of erskib and the dry white wine and Perrier that we also ordered.

You couldn’t pay me to drink erskib.

You could pay me to fill the glass, mind.

Dave
    Participant

They used to call me Dave “erskib” Lister. Because once you got rid of me, I was off the table.

I’ll quite happily be paid to drink erskib. Where to I sign up?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Sorry, you can’t sign up. You have to remove your signature from the piece of paper.

evilmorwen
    Participant

but then after you’ve done that they won’t let you have any more.

I guess I already am a member. Drink too much of the stuff and I’m regurgitating it.

NoFro
    Participant

The Cinzano Bianco joke is great and I’m certain it’s about it being a shit drink.

si
    Participant

The Cinzano Bianco joke is great and I’m certain it’s about it being a shit drink.

So that’s that.

Maybe in this universe, Cinazano Bianco is a really good drink.

Rob has spoken, it’ is a “no bugger will drink it” joke

I concede.

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Because I keep on falling behind in the Book Club and having to read parts in a mad rush, I snuck ahead to the final part of BTL earlier today.

Lister had a perverse sense of humour when he designated the tipple for his funeral…

Dave
    Participant

Because I keep on falling behind in the Book Club and having to read parts in a mad rush, I snuck ahead to the final part of BTL earlier today.

Lister had a perverse sense of humour when he designated the tipple for his funeral…

I did exactly the same thing and had exactly the same thought.

Kris Carter
    Participant

I nominate this thread for Cinzano Bianco.

clem
    Participant

I just got “Jim Reaper”.

If your surname was Reaper, you wouldn’t call your kid Jim, would you?

evilmorwen
    Participant

I felt very clever with myself for getting Jim Reaper when I was thirteen.

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

I agree about Jim on a real baby with the surname Reaper.

The amount of parents with the surnames Bond and Kent who name their sons James and Clark deserve to be dealt with personally by the simulants.

pendo86
    Participant

I literally just turned to the boyfriend and said “Everyone on G&T is talking about a joke with the name ‘Jim Reaper’ and I feel like I’m missing something. What’s the joke?”
    He’s not a Red Dwarf fan and has no idea who Jim Reaper is, but he looked at me in disbelief and said “I’m guessing he appears when someone is about to die.”

Shame mode!

clem
    Participant

To be fair, I’d never realised there was a joke there to get. It’s not like I’d been wondering why he’s called Jim Reaper every time I watched The Last Day all these years.

si
    Participant

I literally just turned to the boyfriend and said “Everyone on G&T is talking about a joke with the name ‘Jim Reaper’ and I feel like I’m missing something. What’s the joke?”

He’s not a Red Dwarf fan and has no idea who Jim Reaper is, but he looked at me in disbelief and said “I’m guessing he appears when someone is about to die.”
    Shame mode!

This guy’s on the fucking Fan Club team. *shakes head sadly*

By Jove its holmes
    Participant

Pun names on real life human babies – the parents should be be dealt with by the simulants, or failing that, Caligula from Meltdown.

MANI506
    Participant

I only just got the joke in Psirens about the meteor having a duty free shop this week after watching Jim B’s reaction vid. 27 years of bafflement.

Stabbim the Skutter
    Participant

Alsatian dog after a headswap operation is one that’s always had me puzzled. Is a headswap operation a real thing? Swapping heads with what, another alsatian? Is it something to do with brain surgery, or do they mean decapitating two dogs, swapping the heads, then stitching them back together? Surely the dogs would be dead by then, or is that the joke?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

It’s likely a reference to Vladimir Demikhov, who made a habit of transplanting dog heads onto other dogs (not specifically “exchanging”/“swapping” heads, but grafting another head onto a dog). The dogs didn’t always instantly die…but didn’t last very long.

What a prick.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

Alsatian dog after a headswap operation is one that’s always had me puzzled. Is a headswap operation a real thing? Swapping heads with what, another alsatian? Is it something to do with brain surgery, or do they mean decapitating two dogs, swapping the heads, then stitching them back together? Surely the dogs would be dead by then, or is that the joke?

I actually thought they turned into humanoid versions of the animals, but with the heads being instantly recognisable for the gag to be obvious. Maybe I need to rewatch to check though.

If it was headswapping, that far into the future it is probably conceivable (in the sense of hand-waving it away with ‘they’ll have had time to make the technological advances to make it possible’). The first thing that came to mind reading your comment about head swapping / transplanting was all the heads alive and functioning in Futurama, and that’s only 1000 years into the future – and you have the Borg Queen who is a head and spinal column. Of course they are in different universes, but a fairly common sci-fi concept. Well, anything is possible in sci-fi within the established rules of each universe anyway!

RunawayTrain
    Participant

^ Oops, I was thinking of the unreality bubble in OOT*, forgot there was an actual joke about it before that! Well, the hand-wavey sci-fi reasoning still stands I think, but I too now have questions!

(*See also, “Baldrick, who gave you permission to turn into an Alsatian?”)

However in Googling it (because after I posted I had a feeling I was thinking of the wrong thing) if turns out some guy claims to have done head swaps on corpses … I couldn’t dig much deeper than 2 articles because the thought of it in reality (rather than an abstract concept) is horrifying me. But if anyone is curious, Sergio Canavero is his name.

Edit: huh, apparently I can edit this comment but not my previous. Weird.

Dave
    Participant

Edit: huh, apparently I can edit this comment but not my previous. Weird.

There’s a short time limit for edits. Five minutes I think.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

There’s a short time limit for edits. Five minutes I think.

I’ve seen the 5 min countdown on replies to articles, but didn’t realise the time limit applied on forum posts too. Evidently it does – thanks for clearing that up!

Ridley
    Participant

Been making my way through the show on Blu-ray. Only noticing now, after 20 smegging years, that the sewing machine used by Kochanski in Blue is called Talkie Sew N Sew.

I don’t need this joke Xplained, just borrowing the thread.

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Been making my way through the show on Blu-ray. Only noticing now, after 20 smegging years, that the sewing machine used by Kochanski in Blue is called Talkie Sew N Sew.

I don’t need this joke Xplained, just borrowing the thread.

That’s the best gag in VII

Talkie Sew N Sew

Ridley
    Participant

Sorry, it’s not even the best gag in the episode which is the hypnotherapy mix up.

I feel “I was decorated then used as a Christmas tree” should be bigger but the rhythm is thrown off due to no live audience for Barrie to react to and the laugh track itself burying the line.

Veeva
    Participant

In Legion, when Kryten is listing the physicists involved with the project, I never understood why Quayle got a laugh from the audience.

In Legion, when Kryten is listing the physicists involved with the project, I never understood why Quayle got a laugh from the audience.

At the time he was the Vice President of the USA. So it was something of known name that would have been ridiculous to think of as a physicist, despite the fact Kryten was probably referencing someone else further in the future.

Dave
    Participant

Also, one of the most infamous moments of Quayle’s political career was him visiting a school and encouraging a child to mis-spell “potato” by adding an “e” on the end, a huge gaffe that would have still been fresh in the audience’s mind at the time of Legion. So the idea of including him alongside other great minds is a bit of a joke.

Ah I did not know that. Very interesting.

Dave
    Participant

Yeah, it became a defining moment for him (perhaps unfairly) and meant that people around that time associated him with stupidity.

Hamish
    Participant

And there was the whole “Senator, you’re no Jack Kennedy” thing on top of that. SNL got into the habit of using a child actor to portray him.

Hamish
    Participant

There is that one line in in the fourth Hitchhiker’s novel where it describes how the dog “Know Nothing Bozo” was so named because “the way its hair stood up on its head it reminded people of the President of the United States.”

Since the book was released in 1984 I am guessing Adams is referring to Reagan?

clem
    Participant

I don’t remember that but Reagan was a bit of a bête noire of his. See also ‘Young Zaphod Plays It Safe’.

Veeva
    Participant
      Another one I didn’t get from Series VI is…

Rimmer: Vietnam, crew cuts both sides, no score draw!

Kryten: All for a really world class psychiatrist.

Ridley
    Participant

(It’s “Oh” not “All.”)

Dax101
    Participant

There are alot of celeb names in Red Dwarf in the early days that i have no idea who they are still. like glenn miller. i think its a joke that works best if you know who that is.

RunawayTrain
    Participant

There are alot of celeb names in Red Dwarf in the early days that i have no idea who they are still. like glenn miller. i think its a joke that works best if you know who that is.

Just checking – do you know who Glenn Miller is and how he disappeared?

Viewing 100 posts - 401 through 500 (of 508 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.