Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Jupiter Mining Corporation at Wonder-Con 2012

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

I got back from Anaheim last nigh after spending four days there for Wonder-Con. Early on Friday morning I was surprised to see a magazine rack filled with Smegazines. The booth belonged to an organization calling itself “Jupiter Mining Corporation”.

Alright then.

I revisited the booth later, and my word they had an impressive haul. Merch and tee-shirts from years gone by, DVDs, books, tie-in books, script books, some of the crap PBS made with GNP’s blessing (or so I’m told)… I bought a Red Dwarf VIII mousepad, and I very nearly bought a Red Dwarf screensaver (on 3.5″ floppy disk, compatible with Windows 95 and 98).

They seem to have been doing good business too, even despite the fact that they were selling the I-VIII boxset for $230.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

These guys, right?

http://www.jupitermining.com/

Ben Paddon
    Participant

Them’s the guys.

Phil
    Participant

http://www.jupitermining.com/3022.html

Red Dwarf Screen Saver on a 3.5″ disk?! The future is now!!

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

http://www.jupitermining.com/whatsreddwarf.html

Couple of minor inaccuracies on the “What is Red Dwarf” page. And I don’t think I’d be a member of the community if I didn’t point them out…

“All their adventures are spread out on 3 books”…and 4 of the 3 are available on audio cassette in our very own shop!

HelloMabel
    Participant

>I got back from Anaheim last nigh after spending four days there for Wonder-Con

Lucky you, I was on the freeways in the rain all weekend.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

> Lucky you, I was on the freeways in the rain all weekend.

I love the rain. I was stuck in the convention center with cool things and awesome toys while outside is was raining.

HelloMabel
    Participant

I like rain too, just not driving the freeway in it when *four* separate smegging commuters independently decide to either merge into me, or go 20 mph in front of me so they can finish their Great American Novel via text message.

I have a gig this Saturday at Pinocchio’s on Lake Ave in Pasadena. It’d be nice to shake the hand of a fellow G&Ter. Bring friends, it should be a good show deserving of an audience. The violinist will be me.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

If I can get there, sure. We’re getting ready to move to Encino, so it may not be on the cards.

Jo
    Participant

Ooh! An “Autographed Toung Tied CD” :oP

HelloMabel
    Participant

>If I can get there, sure. We’re getting ready to move to Encino, so it may not be on the cards.

Ah, moving is the pits – especially unpacking. I’ll probably be living out of boxes at least until summer from my recent move. Well, hope to meet you and yours tomorrow or maybe at some other future gig.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.