Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Lister’s Jacket

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Plastic Percy
    Participant

Being in full ‘fanboy-mode’ after watching ‘Back to Earth’ Parts 1 & 2, I’m thinking of starting a personal project to create a (reasonably accurate) replica of Lister’s jacket as it appeared in ‘Back to Earth’ (by my anally-rententive notes there are a number of differences between this jacket and his Series III – V one).
    I’ve made note of some of the patches and badges he has, but am finding it tricky to get good images/info on:

– The 2 badges on Lister’s left-lapel. One appears to be a prefect style badge with ‘Pub’ or ‘Beer’ written on it, I can’t remember at the moment.

– On his right shoulder is a large badge that looks like somekind of stick-figure and I can’t figure out what it is.

– Finally, a decent image of the Wilma-Flintstone-riding-on-a-rocket from the back would be handy :D

Anyway folks, any help would be much appreciated!

P.P.

p2p_productions
    Participant
    Pete Part Three
    Participant

I like the Lister’s Jacket thread and I like the Lister’s jacket thread…but which is better?

si
    Participant

There’s only one way to find out, etc etc.

Andrew
    Participant

> There?s only one way to find out, etc etc.

Dwarfcast!!!!!!!!

Carlito
    Participant

The question is, why does Lister constantly wear a jacket indoors?

And you can’t say it’s cold on board, as he used to roam around in a T-shirt and boxers in the early days….

Dave
    Participant

>And you can?t say it?s cold on board, as he used to roam around in a T-shirt and boxers in the early days?.

It’s cold inside?

Without a mainframe computer heating just the sections the crew chooses to occupy, the entire ship was being heated and due to a malfunction in the thermostat on J deck, not well.

Or something.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

OK, if I can track down one more patch I’ll be happy to make a start on this.

There patch is on his left breast on his jacket in ‘Back to Earth’, but in Series III – V it looks to be a largeish blue circle with a large gold/yellow triangle on it.

Any help would be much, much appreciated.

p2p_productions
    Participant

>There patch is on his left breast on his jacket in ?Back to Earth?, but in Series III – V it looks to be a largeish blue circle with a large gold/yellow triangle on it.

Think that’s the 27th CRS patch. The others are Apollo XIII, Rolling Stones, US Space Command, Garneau Scully-Power, & Tomcat.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Think that?s the 27th CRS patch. The others are Apollo XIII, Rolling Stones, US Space Command, Garneau Scully-Power, & Tomcat.

He’s good isn’t he?

p2p_productions
    Participant

>He?s good isn?t he?

Flash by name, flash by nature. Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaa!

si
    Participant

> It’s cold outside?

There’s no kind of atmosphere.

Plastic Percy
    Participant

p2p – I love you and want to have your babies. Thanks for this!

And Lister wears the jacket inside to look cool. It may make him sweat like a pig and smell disgusting, but at the end of the day he looks cool. And that’s all that really matters.

p2p_productions
    Participant

>p2p – I love you and want to have your babies. Thanks for this!

Hey, no problem. Forgot to mention, there’s some Sergeant Stripes in there too. And one of those winking Yellow Smiley Faces on his left sleeve. Also, I think the keyring hanging off his left breast pocket is a hologram of a comet.

If I can think of anything else, I’ll be sure to post back here.

si
    Participant

Those sergeant stripes look like the Yorkshire TV logo.

“And now on Yorkshire, here’s Calendar.”

Plastic Percy
    Participant

Yeah – I noticed the sergeant stripes, cheers!

I’ve been making notice of the differences between his new and old jacket. It seems to have a few less patches than the original III – V one. Again, much appreciated p2p.

Incidentally, a year or two ago I did spot what was purported to be Lister’s keyring for sale on eBay. It was a hologram of Saturn (or a similar planet with a ring around it). Hope that helps anyone!

Hey All,
    I am also interested in trying to recreate Lister’s jacket from Back to Earth. I have to say, the information posted here thus far has been great. Thanks very much to p2p_productions for the images. I found every one of the patches on Ebay.

I would like to try to share what I’ve learned thus far in an attempt to try and work together so we can all make some sweet jackets.

(I have never posted to a forum in my life and html is foreign to me as well so I couldn’t actually figure out how to post images here, hence the link to flickr)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40436466@N07/sets/72157621473357164/

Dan

For Arnold Rimmer above, or anyone trying to make a BTE Jacket, the black badge on the lapel that couldn’t be identified in that link above is a prefect style shield pin with “bar” written on it.

I’ve been making my own Lister esque Jacket, not exactly like Listy’s but similar. While rewatching Red Dwarf from start to finish, I found that the Bar pin came from the waistcoat he wares underneath his jacket during III and IV, maybe V, much in the same spot on his left lapel (you can see it in the first few minutes of Last Day, and a Smeg up from sometime in Season 4 that I couldn’t identify till I re-rewatch season 4). After this it seems to end up on his season 6 jumpsuit longjohns (you can barely see it cause of the lighting, but in Out of Time, when the unreality pocket’s are screwing with their heads, and they use the starfield effect, light bounces off it making it visible). Best shot of it though is in the Back to Earth documentary, the Craig Charles bits with him in front of some white panelling, you can clearly see it says “bar”.

How sad am I?

I can post pictures but they’d be crappy pictures of my TV. Somebody on Twitter’s done a pretty damn good job of making an series X onwards jacket too, maybe someone from here

si
    Participant

There’s been some in-depth coverage of Lister’s in the fan club mag recently, hasn’t there?

Jo
    Participant

Yes there has :) Thanks for the plug Si!

I would happily buy the badges and a similar jacket to sew them on if I had a comprehensive guide to follow.

*Hint*

Hi! i’m currently working on my jacket for a party! I’ve been looking around for a couple of weeks and have been using a mix of this guide http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=129294 and using screenshots from the show. I haven’t been able to get all of the correct patches and badges due to time/budget but i’ll replace them at some point (one of the patches is a rebel alliance one). I hope you find it of use!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.