Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Me mam's sick. I'd like to visit her for her birthday. Can you help?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

I’m hoping to visit my mum for her birthday this September. She’s not a well woman – last year she went into the hospital and I was told to prepare for the worst. Fortunately she pulled through, but her health has been deteriorating over the last year.

The last time I was back in the UK was 2009. That’s nearly five and a half years ago. I still remember that trip well – John and Tanya very kindly let me and my girlfriend store some shit in their spare room for a week or so and crash on their floor the night before our flight. Seb gave me a copy of the Spider-man comic he’d prepared the story for.

Importantly, though, it was the last time I was back in my home country. That’s five and a half years sine I last saw my mother. I don’t want something to happen to her and the last time I saw her having been half a decade ago.

With that in mind, I started this GoFundMe fundrasier to raise the money to fly out to England in September and surprise my mum for her birthday. So far the thing’s at $1,143. I’m $457 away from being able to see my mother again. If you’re in a position to chip in, please consider doing so.

This isn’t a Kickstarter or a pledge drive – when you make a donation it’s sent immediately, and I receive everything donated (less GoFundMe’s 5%). There’s no real deadline, but the longer it takes, the closer we get to the start of September, the pricier the ticket becomes and eventually it’ll move out of my budget.

Cheers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.