Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Moderator warning: PIMPING YOUR STUFF

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    John Hoare
    Participant

A couple of times recently, we’ve had a few new people coming on here and attempting to use this forum to advertise their stuff. It hasn’t gone down especially well, as people have no doubt noticed.

I really rather let forums moderate themselves as much as possible – over-moderation kills too many forums – but I think it’s worth clarifying our position on this one:

• We have no issue with established forum members advertising the stuff they’re doing at the moment, as long as you don’t over-do it (and I don’t think any established forum members have).
    • New people should refrain from just posting links to various forums, websites or projects they’re involved in, until they’ve posted a bit here first.
    • If anyone who doesn’t post here seriously has something they think we’d be interested in editorially, drop us a line at admin@ganymede.tv, and we’ll make an editiorial decision on it – and possibly post it to the front page if we think people will be interested.

Thanks!

Phil
    Participant
    JamesTC
    Participant
    Ben Paddon
    Participant

Buy my new book! You just ‘ave to lewk for it!

si
    Participant

http://www.freewebs.com/camdenlock

Come on, you love it.

performingmonkey
    Participant

Does this apply to bread-based products?

Jo
    Participant
    Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Hehe, My mates’ sister founded that website! The Massive Curly Wurly is truly a thing of beauty.

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?projectID=33

Anonymous
    Inactive

Moderator warnings are so… crypto-fascist!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

What about pimping someone elses stuff?

http://britishinvaders.com/

I’ve listened to this podcast on and off for a few episodes. It’s not the greatest but I like the pitch – A British sci-fi fan remembering old British sci-fi shows and a North American discovering them for often the first time.

Anyway the last ‘cast is about a show we’re all quite fond off.

JamesTC
    Participant

Funny enough Karl I was on that site a few weeks back and I was looking for a Dwarf one, I could not find one and decided not to bother with it, hmmm, I will give it a go.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

New thread, Karl! I’ll listen to it tonight.

Jo
    Participant

>New thread, Karl! I?ll listen to it tonight.

I don’t know it’s one rule for Karl and another for everyone else… just because you love him Cappsy

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Oh. Sorry.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

No, it just didn’t make sense to draw our attention to something possibly interesting in a thread completely irrelevant to it…

Phil
    Participant
    Jo
    Participant

>No, it just didn?t make sense to draw our attention to something possibly interesting in a thread completely irrelevant to it?

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah! Cappsy ? Karl IDST 4EVA

Tarka Dal
    Participant

I’m confused. I thought It sort of connected to this one. In that I was ‘pimping’.

Sorry Darling.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

It’s not your own stuff, though.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

You see that bit in my first post where I said “What about other people’s stuff”…

Jo
    Participant

Hey, you may not have heard of this, what with you being in the depths of Nottingham and all, but there’s this thing right – people say stuff and they’re not always serious! Sometimes they even over-react for comic effect. Honestly it’s true, I SWEAR!

As for you Ian and you Cappsy… I’ll deal with you later, just you wait till I get home!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> Hey, you may not have heard of this, what with you being in the depths of Nottingham and all, but there?s this thing right – people say stuff and they?re not always serious! Sometimes they even over-react for comic effect. Honestly it?s true, I SWEAR!

It’s the curse of the internetz though isn’t it. It’s not always clear what someone means. I point you back towards my Lost/SFX moment which was read in a totally different way to how I meant it!

> As for you Ian and you Cappsy? I?ll deal with you later, just you wait till I get home!

Oooh pardon!

mick
    Participant

http://www.segasaturn.co.uk

Unfinished, but getting back to how it was :)

Richey
    Participant

Guess it would be a bad idea then for me to pimp any of my albums. But in posting this, I may have just pimped by accident. Hmmm. PIMP!

si
    Participant

> PIMP!

‘HO!

ange_smeehee
    Participant

Sorry if anyone considers me a total, total, whatever it is I am… by coming on to promote/pimp the Aigburth Arms Red Dwarf party! But I really need to reach you lovely fans in order to make the night, want us all to have fun! :) “Fun, ah yes, the passage of time in a profitless and non-practical way.”

Promise I’m not going to be a one-time only visitor to the boards! Let’s posse! :) Ange xx

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

It’s alright if you’re posting something Dwarf related… plus, we were going to write a blog post on the event anyway, so you’ve saved us a job. ;o)

Tarka Dal
    Participant

[ Time passes ]

hummingbird
    Participant

Funny, I thought the Aigburth no longer existed?

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Not sure where that idea came from. A few of us went about… *gulp* six/seven years ago. There’s no pool table though. Which could have major repercussions for continuity.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

It’s been renamed, but it’s still there.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

(in fact, it’s the renaming that has more significant repercussions for continuity, I suppose. Although that said, people still refer to pubs by their old name a lot of the time. Most people still call the Doric Arch in Euston the Head of Steam, for example.)

Pete Part Three
    Participant

It’s OK, it was changed back to the Aigburth Arms in 2079.

Ben Paddon
    Participant

That comment and your avatar CONFIRM my theory that you are, in fact, a time-travelling robot from the future.

Who’s best friend is a talking pie.

ange_smeehee
    Participant

Thanks Ian! Oh but please do still mention us in your blog if you have the time? If you do I’ll be in my quarters, covered in taramasalata… ;)

And haha, it’s to be hoped it will be re-named back to the Aigburth Arms one day! We’ve actually asked the landlady whether she would mind installing a plaque to commemorate The Aigburth Arms’ place in Red Dwarf history! Watch this space, there may well be an unveiling on the 11th April :)

Oh and there is definitely a pool table in there now, saw it with mine own eyes last week. :)

Three weeks to go!!! Any of you goits planning to come along? Want an idea of numbers for the proportion of curry we’ll have to order :)

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.