Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum New member… sorta

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Podey
    Participant

Hey all. I’ve been reading and listening to G&T content back from around when Back To Earth aired, have left the odd comment but never contributed that much. I listened to the Seb Patrick episode today (having also been familiar with Seb from STCTP and Bill and Ted fandom) and felt moved to join in a little more with this community. So here I am!

A little about me… I’m an illustrator and comic artist, have worked for 2000AD several times but you might have seen my first ever published art in Better Than Life back in the 90s!

Flap Jack
    Participant

Ooh, those illustrations, very cool!

Looking forward to hearing your contributions to discussions. Just make sure you’ve cultivated firm positions on the key Red Dwarf questions of our age, like when exactly in the timeline did the final scene of Ouroboros take place? Is Asclepius innocent or guilty? Is Talia Garrett a human or microbes?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Welcome, Podey!

Dave
    Participant

Hello Podey! Love your art.

Rudolph
    Participant

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Hello! Gosh, I remember those BTL pictures vividly. I also know you from Twitter but never put two and two together. You’ll know me from those days as Ian The Smegmeister, we also have Kris Carter and Pete “Part Three” Martin.

Warbodog
    Participant

BTL feels as elusively mythical as the Smegazine used to before I found those. It’d be great if those were all posted to the Internet Archive or somewhere someday for posterity and historical intrigue.

Podey
    Participant

I mean I still have a big pile of my old BTLs (as I’m sure many do), maybe I could scan them all in someday…. though that’s not a task that particularly fills me with excitement tbh 😂 

GlenTokyo
    Participant

I was published in BTL too but can I buggery remember when to find it. Wouldn’t even be able to narrow it down to a year.

I won one of the only competitions I’ve ever won in one too. Got a mug and a t-shirt.

Podey
    Participant

Do you remember what your drawing was? I’ll have a flick through sometime. 

GlenTokyo
    Participant

Not really tbh, it was around series VIII so probably the new Blue Midget, I was obsessed with that, but it could’ve been Starbug. 

I’m sure it was cack anyway haha

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.