Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Obama’s Inauguration

Viewing 55 posts - 101 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    JamesTC
    Participant

“Praise song for every hand lettered signed”, was that the line? What the fuck does it mean?

Jo
    Participant

:o/ hmm… Perhaps I’m missing something, not so keen on the poem.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> This poem is a bit daft.

There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend’s hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight O’clock.

Jo
    Participant

I love the fact that the crowd weren’t sure if she’d finished or not so there was a gap before a smattering of applause

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

how long can these people go without mentioning god

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Close your eyes and this guy sounds exactly like Bill Cosby.

Jo
    Participant

There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray, erm, and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia-work base, that has an attachment. At that time, a friend shall lose his friend?s hammer, and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight O?clock.

Cappsy wins

Mnoooah
    Participant

It was hand lettered sign. Either protest, or low budget marketing. Not entirely loving the poem myself, but I think it’s heart is in the right place even if it’s mind is a little disordered.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

With the hippin and the hoppin and the bippin and the boppin.

Jo
    Participant

>how long can these people go without mentioning god

Racist

Jo
    Participant

This guy needs a box to stand on, he’s all hidden behind the microphones

JamesTC
    Participant

His rhyming colours is brilliant!

Mnoooah
    Participant

how long can these people go without mentioning god

Kakchriskak wins.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Bill Cosby has just stolen the show with his closing lines!

JamesTC
    Participant

Despite the fact I hate religeon this guy has a pretty good speech.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Now they’re ripping off the Betelgeuse Death Anthem.

Jo
    Participant

Lol! When black will not be asked get back, when brown can stick around, when yellow will be mellow, when red man can get ahead man and when white will embrace what is right.

Good one.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Oh sweet, the duck song. Best inauguration ever.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

And now my massive whiskey is finished, Obama can truly start his job.

First up: give me all the money.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

i dont like being called a racist .. im not saying blacks or whites ..and im not anti american.. we know they have religious belives so do they have to keep reminding everyone else that at every given oppertunity

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

i dont like being called a racist .. im not saying blacks or whites ..and im not anti american.. we know they have religious belives so do they have to keep reminding everyone else that at every given oppertunity

Racist.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

“We will restore science to its rightful place” :D

Mnoooah
    Participant

Come on, Obama, drag him out by his hair.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Nuts.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

> i dont like being called a racist .. im not saying blacks or whites ..and im not anti american.. we know they have religious belives so do they have to keep reminding everyone else that at every given oppertunity

In all seriousness, it was a joke and no one thinks you were being racist at all.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

But we do think you’re an idiot.

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

well thats allrite then

Mnoooah
    Participant

That’s right. In a way we’re all totally Yellow (mellow).

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Apparently it was the Chief Justice that fucked up the oath and totally threw Obama.

Phil
    Participant

>we know they have religious belives so do they have to keep reminding everyone else that at every given oppertunity

Bear in mind that this is an American ceremony for the benefit of Americans who are watching the installation of their new American leader, the President of the United States of America. “Everyone else” doesn’t really enter into it; this is all the same stuff (or at least the same sort of stuff) that was said before these events were telecast worldwide.

Jo
    Participant

Yeah I just re watched it. Obama got a bit stuck and the Chief Justice repeated himself but messed it up.

ChrisM
    Participant

Wow. I’ve just been away a couple of hours and this thread has groooooooooown.

I haven’t been watching it…* but I did overhear the tune to our national anthem on my Dad’s telly a little while ago. Sung to new lyrics in a gospelly way!

*Political stuff isn’t really my cup of tea, although I’m glad Obama got in. I accept it’s a big deal for America and I wish the guy well.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

My Country, ‘Tis of Thee” …is an American patriotic song, whose lyrics were written by Samuel Francis Smith in 1831. The melody was derived from the British national anthem, ‘God Save the Queen‘, by way of a German adaptation.”

“…The arrangement of God Save The Queen was officially changed in 2002 when Brian May performed a version which was nationally voted to be superior to the traditional arrangement…”

Al
    Participant

Has kakchriskak murdered somebodys parents or something, did I miss a major infraction here?

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Bloody hell, Senators Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd have both collapsed at the inaugural lunch! Bizarre.

Jo
    Participant

OK, who poisoned the lunts?

performingmonkey
    Participant

I find it both amusing and disturbing how clear he made it that he’s still gonna rip the living shit out of anyone who fucks with America. Not that the warmongering was ever going to abate (especially at this stage in the game) but…I don’t know, I just didn’t like hearing that.

Mnoooah
    Participant

kakchriskak did murder my parents, but I’m cool with it. I dunno about everyone else.

As for ripping the shit out of America’s enemies, you can’t get away with not saying that any more than you can get away with leaving god out of civil government ceremonies. See what I did there?

Anyway, he stopped short of implying it was a crusade, so it’s already a 2000% improvement.

Al
    Participant

It just seems like everyones suddenly got it in for the guy, and a little unfairly. I wondered if something had gone down on another thread and I was thinking badly of some people for no reason

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>It just seems like everyones suddenly got it in for the guy, and a little unfairly. I wondered if something had gone down on another thread and I was thinking badly of some people for no reason

i think some people took the comment ” i wonder how long these people can go on for without mentioning god ” as “i wonder how long black people can go on for without mentioning god” .which was not intended

apart from that i dont think iv done anything bad .. apart from the murdering parents thing

Mnoooah
    Participant

I’ve been here pretty much the whole time and I don’t think anything happened. I think it’s just that the locals are prone to unannounced fits of fake cruelty. It’s just how they roll.

Mnoooah
    Participant

Oh and Kakchriskak, those shallow graves need to be a little less shallow next time, kay buddy?

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

>Oh and Kakchriskak, those shallow graves need to be a little less shallow next time, kay buddy?

i shall keep that in mind .. cheers for the advice (Y)* gets shovel*

Mnoooah
    Participant

Yeah, thanks. It was so upsetting I had to give the dog away. BTW, what is this (Y)?

Al
    Participant

If thats the case, thats cool. But seeing as kakchriskak is new (at least to posting) telling him hes not funny and mocking grammar and punctuation is a little unwelcoming. Im probably overreacting anyway and none of this matters to anybody, but for someone whos contributed a lot and tried to start some dwarf based discussion on the foums it just seemed a little harsh.

Al
    Participant

In fact Ive just noticed he himself said he wasnt funny. This goes to show how I can misinterpret things….

NitroChrisUK
    Participant

well thank you al for seing it from my point of view much appreciated as u say not that it really matters that much anyway … oh and (Y) is a msn shortcut for thumbs up . must have got my msn and g&t mixed up ……and if you want i can send you the money to get your dog back ??

Mnoooah
    Participant

Aha. It’s perfectly acceptable text, for some reason I thought it was something slightly rude. Says so much about my mind, really. As for the dog, you’re forgiven. ;)

peas_and_corn
    Participant

>He?s the 44th President, so surely that?s only 43 handing over of powers?

Before the US had its first election, there was an appointed head of state to run things. That was the first transition, given to the first president.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

But seeing as kakchriskak is new (at least to posting) telling him hes not funny and mocking grammar and punctuation is a little unwelcoming.

Shit off, you sanctimonious fuckpig.

Tarka Dal
    Participant

Ah so it’s all come flooding back…

Al
    Participant

sigh, see i dont know if youre being serious now. I was just trying to say that as far as i see it its not a nice idea to pour (mock) negativity or insults over people who are just trying to create some discussion..

Andrew
    Participant

From the BBC Site: ‘The new president read the note left to him by his predecessor George W Bush in an envelope marked “To: #44, From: #43”.’

I’m going to miss this era of jokes pretty much writing themselves.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

It’s weird, from the off we had a legacy of idiocy with Bush Sr, in order to compare. With Obama, there is nothing. It’s like trying to pinch marble.

Seb Patrick
    Keymaster

sigh, see i dont know if youre being serious now. I was just trying to say that as far as i see it its not a nice idea to pour (mock) negativity or insults over people who are just trying to create some discussion..

Fun, though.

Viewing 55 posts - 101 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.