Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum Oddly off topic, but need to ask…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Blisschick
    Participant

Just a random question…I couldn’t find anything on the Interwebz, so I thought I’d ask here.

My husband and I were having a discussion today about the stick shift configuration in cars, and were wondering: is the configuration the same in the UK as here (1st gear in the top left position) or opposite, since the steering is on the right (1st gear in the top right position)? He seems to think it would have to be mirror image of what we’re used to, but I recall seeing a video on YouTube that makes me think otherwise (although I couldn’t really tell for sure).

Yes, we’re getting old and boring…it’s not as if we have anything better to worry about. /roll eyes/

Gwynnie
    Participant

Yes, 1 3 5
    2 4

If that makes sense. And reverse depends on the car!

Gwynnie
    Participant

Well… the 2 was under the 1… you know what I mean ^_^

Blisschick
    Participant

So you’re saying it’s the same, then?

Pete Part Three
    Participant

Yup.

Blisschick
    Participant

Gotcha. Thanks you both.

ori-STUDFARM
    Participant

Didn’t think you got numbered gear shift in America. I thought it was just Drive, Park and Reverse!!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

If you’re in an Automatic, yeah.

Blisschick
    Participant

Automatics are more popular here, but there are some of us that prefer manual. All our cars are stick shift. I didn’t fully learn how to drive one until about 10 years ago. Now I can’t really drive an automatic without trying to put myself through the windshield! I have to use both feet to drive now or it just feels wrong.

Dave
    Participant

>I have to use both feet to drive now or it just feels wrong.

I love The Flintstones.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.