Home Forums Ganymede & Titan Forum PAUL’S SPORADIC YOUTUBE FIND.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Paul Muller
    Participant

Not sure if you’ve all seen this, but thought it was quite intriguing.

ChrisM
    Participant

I’ve never seen that.

Interesting…

Phil
    Participant

DMaustrap (3 months ago)
    Loved it!!! Man i wish the two(RD&HHGttG) WOULD meet up in a 2 hour TV special, that would be mind blowing.(if they actually took the time to write it carefully)The more i think about it the more i think what a fantastic event that might create.

Information leak! (For those of you who don’t know, DMaustrap is Doug Naylor’s youtube account.)

Blisschick
    Participant

Does anyone know if the original HHGttG BBC radio broadcast is available as an audiobook? I remember listing to it as a kid and fell in love with it. Reading the book was just never the same. *nostalgic sigh* Funny that this was brought up, though. I did buy the Ultimate version about a month ago since my mom tossed all my original dogeared books several years back. *sniff*

hummingbird
    Participant

>Does anyone know if the original HHGttG BBC radio broadcast is available as an audiobook?

I had it on cassette about 20 years ago. I’m sure you can still get hold of it.

ETA http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitchhikers-Guide-Galaxy-Complete-Radio/dp/0563504196/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233951259&sr=8-3

Carlito
    Participant

I remember that ad.

That is all.

Blisschick
    Participant

Thanks, hummingbird! :-)

si
    Participant

Yeah, I’ve got it on a VHS somewhere…

John Hoare
    Participant

This trailer is on the Series V DVD, BTW. But it’s easy to forget, when the DVDs are so stuffed!

Ben Paddon
    Participant

I thought I’d seen it before.

Danny Stephenson
    Keymaster

Me too, Forgot it was on there…

That means i’m beginning to forget what’s on each DVD, which means it’s time to start looking through them all.

JamesTC
    Participant

I have that ad either taped of the TV after one of the Series IV episodes or on a BBC Video of Series III, not sure, I always remembered it and when I saw it on the DVD I was very happy.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

Pretty sure it wasn’t shown on TV, just on videos. Could be wrong though.

JamesTC
    Participant

I will watch my old VHS’ of series III on monday and fast forward to the end of the tape.

Andrew
    Participant

Yep, it was shown on TV – I think around series IV.

JamesTC
    Participant

I was planning on watching Series IV anyway (as part of my re-watching all Dwarf before April), for old time sake I will lash the taped of TV version which was the only version I had till the DVDs. Got to love BBC idents. It is better on my tape of Series V though, it starts with a clip of Top Gear, Clarkson looked weird years ago and no jokes were present, it was just some crap about used cars!

Carlito
    Participant

I definitely remember seeing it on TV, and having it on video. As the first series I ever committed to tape was the repeat run of IV (around mid-1992) having seen V earlier in the year, I’m guessing it debuted in mid 1992.

Could be wrong, perhaps they exhumed the ad having debuted it the year before, but I don’t remember ever seeing it during the original V run.

JamesTC
    Participant

>I definitely remember seeing it on TV, and having it on video. As the first series I ever committed to tape was the repeat run of IV (around mid-1992)

I’m watching series IV on very old dusty tape now and it starts with ‘Dimension Jump’ so it is the 1993 (92?) repeat of the episodes, atleast one of the episodes ends with the video advert unless it is on series V or the BBC vids.

JamesTC
    Participant

The ad is currently on, it was shown after ‘White Hole’ in the 1993 (or 1992) repeat of Series IV.

Ian Symes
    Keymaster

JamesTC
    Participant

A clip of Jeremy Clarkson with an afro proves my Series V is from original broadcast.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

SO, how are you with digitally capturing video from VHS? It’d be great to get all the continuity you’re bound to have on these videos in the Continuity section

JamesTC
    Participant

I’m terrible but if you can reccomend a cable which would help me I could use that, I am working with a laptop with Vista, I assume it is a red, white and yellow cable that I should attatch to the front of the TV, if you could link me to a picture of a cable that I can buy I will happily get the trailers and little announcments before the episodes.
    As far as I can remember I have Series IV on 1994 repeat, Series V on original, Series VI on original, Series VII minus ‘Blue’ and Series VIII though some of those were probably thrown at sadly, I certianly have Series IV and V.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Well, the easiest way would be to run your VHS through a DVD recorder and transfer them that way (just a regular SCART will do) but capturing video on a PC requires a special card or USB device that will take the input from the VHS player and then you’ll need some software to capture that signal.

So, if you have a DVD recorder you’re laughing, but if not… it might involve quite a bit of effort and/or expense!

JamesTC
    Participant

Erm, well I have not got a DVD recorder, I do plan on buying one but not for a while. When I do I will probably remember, I am not getting rid of the tapes since they have sentimental worth.

Jonathan Capps
    Keymaster

Super!

Tarka Dal
    Participant

> 1994.

Presumably Series IV was repeated before ‘The Repeat Run’ though.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.